• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff vs Metaknight Stufffff =]

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
This is by far Jigglypuff's hardest matchup in this game. In order to beat him you have to mindgame the hell out of him. Seriously. You will not win against a Metaknight who knows what they're doing by fighting him strait up. Along with spacing very nicely, there are some things that can really help.

USE TEH POUNND!! Jigg's pound will go through quite a few of Meta's standard attacks. Throw out some pounds once in a while when they least expect it and connect some uairs. Some people forget about this move, but it is very useful, especially in this matchup.

CONTROL YOUR NAIRSS!! Seriously, Jigg's nair fails hard in this matchup except when tech chasing. Tech chase using the nair to get off a nice little f-smash or grab.

DAIR IS YOUR FRIEN=D!! This is her most reliable aerial IMO. It has went through Meta's uair for me in many cases and is great for edge guarding because it will push them down and back. Edge hog when they seem far enough and they've lost their jumps..

UAIR!! Not much to say. If you can get it off on him in the air it is glorious. I get the same feeling as when I uair a peach in melee.

Everyone knows about the fair...

ROLLOUT!! ROLLOUT!! ROLLOUT!! Don't spam it, but DEFINITELY get more friendly with it. Punish his tornado all of the time by using the rollout or the rest because this is your best opportunity to attack.

RECOVER FROM ABOVE!! You really don't want to recover horizontally if you can help it. DI up when you are hit and fall safely. Take your time getting back to the stage. If he starts coming with uairs then dair or airdodge.

COUNTERPICK STAGESS!!
Yoshi Story: Big stages are always good!
Rainbow Cruise: Because he sucks on this stage more than you do.
Eldin Bridge: Camp him and wear him out. It'll take forever for you to die. Perfect for rollout too =]
FD: Flat and big = goood!

BASIC RESTING..just like any other character, remember your basic resting skills. Dair to rest. Techroll into rest(especially useful with platforms). Rolling dodge into rest, etc. you guys know them. Don't be too afraid to use it. Metaknight can't punish it too well. The most he can do is charge a f-smash, in which case you know to DI up of course.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm much better off Picking a different character like Diddy Kong to fight Metaknight.

Plain and simple, don't fight Metaknight with Jigglypuff or your gonna get your *** kicked no matter what if your skill level isn't much higher or is even higher than his.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
This is by far Jigglypuff's hardest matchup in this game. In order to beat him you have to mindgame the hell out of him. Seriously. You will not win against a Metaknight who knows what they're doing by fighting him strait up. Along with spacing very nicely, there are some things that can really help.
This is not the hardest match up in the game. Play against a good Snake, that one is way harder. Even though this match up sucks, its not as bad as people generally think. Basically the game plan goes, empty sh around just outside of the MK's range, poke them to 65% then rest them.

USE TEH POUNND!! Jigg's pound will go through quite a few of Meta's standard attacks. Throw out some pounds once in a while when they least expect it and connect some uairs. Some people forget about this move, but it is very useful, especially in this matchup.
Pound is way the **** your friend in this match up. If you know someone is going to throw a fair or nair at you, pound will beat it and it will get them that much closer to 65%.

CONTROL YOUR NAIRSS!! Seriously, Jigg's nair fails hard in this matchup except when tech chasing. Tech chase using the nair to get off a nice little f-smash or grab.
Nair outta shield to gtfo is still good, though grab if possible is better.

DAIR IS YOUR FRIEN=D!! This is her most reliable aerial IMO. It has went through Meta's uair for me in many cases and is great for edge guarding because it will push them down and back. Edge hog when they seem far enough and they've lost their jumps..
I'm pretty sure MK uair beats your dair, but its still good to use outta shield and you can sometimes land it after your opponent wiffs a fair at you. Dair is also great for leading into rest once you get them to 65%.

UAIR!! Not much to say. If you can get it off on him in the air it is glorious. I get the same feeling as when I uair a peach in melee.

Everyone knows about the fair...
Uair generally beats MK dair, so thats good.

weak fair leads to strong fair = 18%.

ROLLOUT!! ROLLOUT!! ROLLOUT!! Don't spam it, but DEFINITELY get more friendly with it. Punish his tornado all of the time by using the rollout or the rest because this is your best opportunity to attack.
I disagree with this. I don't think rollout is a good move to use period, and unless someone shows me video footage of why rollout is good, I'm sticking to my opinion.

RECOVER FROM ABOVE!! You really don't want to recover horizontally if you can help it. DI up when you are hit and fall safely. Take your time getting back to the stage. If he starts coming with uairs then dair or airdodge.
This is correct. The MK will probably try to edge guard with a shuttle loop so stay just above and behind the shuttle loop range and then once he has to land on the stage because his jumps ran out, recover high.

COUNTERPICK STAGESS!!
Yoshi Story: Big stages are always good!
Rainbow Cruise: Because he sucks on this stage more than you do.
Eldin Bridge: Camp him and wear him out. It'll take forever for you to die. Perfect for rollout too =]
FD: Flat and big = goood!
Big stages are bad because you can't kill him with a rest. You should often times ban Jungle Japes or be prepared to switch characters. Unfortunately rest doesn't kill MK on Green Greens til 61% so I would suggest staying away from that stage. Flat stages are good because it won't **** up your dair to rest ff timing.

BASIC RESTING..just like any other character, remember your basic resting skills. Dair to rest. Techroll into rest(especially useful with platforms). Rolling dodge into rest, etc. you guys know them. Don't be too afraid to use it. Metaknight can't punish it too well. The most he can do is charge a f-smash, in which case you know to DI up of course.
MK can punish the rest very well. The behind hit of the D smash totally does a lot of damage and kills at a relatively low percent.

Additional stuff:
Be extremely campy and patient in this matchup. Just sit outside his range and jump a lot and when you know he's about to attack you throw out a move that will beat it such as a pound. Just make sure you switch things up and don't go into a pattern because your opponent will punish the **** outta you for it.

Little England

Smash Master
Good Metaknights are harder than good snakes. I can actually combo Snakes and his mines and projectiles don't phase me as much. Snake is easy to beat if you keep him in the air.

Nair out of shield hardly works for me. tips?

I told you when rollout is good. I don't see how it isn't a good move to use PERIOD. That's actually ridiculous.

Rest is extremely unreliable now. I wouldn't base counter picking a stage off of that attack.

Some nice additions though. Thanks

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Dude, I tell you, snakes tilts are just stupid good, and a good Snake is harder than a ****ig Vidjo MK. Like seriously, you don't know what your talking about.

And rollout is still bad. They aren't going to start a gaynado unless its going to shield poke, and then they'll probably land on a platform. I still haven't seen any good use to rollout, and I haven't seen any good players fall for the trick called stand there and get rollouted.

Get better at rest. Its still plenty reliable. If you learn to rest, you'll get better at the matchup.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Dude, I tell you, snakes tilts are just stupid good, and a good Snake is harder than a ****ig Vidjo MK. Like seriously, you don't know what your talking about.
Totally agreeable right there. As a pro Jiggly player myself I for the first time fought against a really good snake player(btw snake is my secondary) and I got ***** by his tilts, ecpecially his up tilt which I didn't know how the hell he was pulling it off uf his snake was impossible to touch with Jigglypuff. The guy who I fought was cwjalex. Snake is impossible to edgegaurd too. With his super armor up b you can't combo him off the stage, and he can use it after every time you hit him while hes out of his superarmor. Then he goes really high and can attack after his up b so you just can't u air because his attacks can beat jigglys in the air sometimes. Snake ***** Jigglypuff definalty, but I still think that Metaknight is all that but more.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
No offense here, but unless you have made a substantial amount of money at a big tournament and other people have started calling you a pro, you aren't a pro.

And no ****ty character johns.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Last time I checked, there aren't many jigglypuff pros. Ok, we have King, Mango, KillaOr, or you. (though I've never really heard of you or if you call youself a pro jiggly) I'm just saying I'm a really good Jigglypuff player and I've won a couple(with other really good players) tournaments both single and double and online and not online. All I meant when I said pro was I'm better than an average person who mains Jigglypuff and that the comment should be taken more seriously if I didn't say the word pro. I'm not quite sure what you mean by character johns but being a pro jigglypuff dosn't mean that I'm a Smash Bros Pro. Basically what I'm trying to say here is that I am good enough to be considerd a rep for all the Jigglypuff players. I'm not the biggest rep, but theres more than 1 rep. I also said the word pro because if I didn't people would start to tell me the reason I lost was because I wasn't good enough rather than saying it was because the snake player was really **** good.

Heres one question though, do you consider yoruself to be a pro jiggly?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It doesn't matter whether I consider myself to be a pro, so everyone can choose for themselves. If your defintion has to do with money, my biggest brawl payout was $450, if your definition has to do with beating melee pros, I've beaten some, if your definition has to do with power rankings, I'm probably about 5th in MI.

I didn't mean any offense, sorry if I caused some, I just don't think the word pro should be loosly thrown around or self proclaimed.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nah its alright, I just wasn't quite sure what term I should use. I think that I'm good enough to call myself somewhat of a jigglypuff pro. Other than Isai whos good with everybody I'm the best Jigglypuff player in SSB64, I'm good in Melee and same with Brawl but definatly not the best one. Lets just say that I'm really devoted to Jigglypuff lol regardless of the game and I always try to put as much effort as I can to help other Jigglypuff players.

Little England

Smash Master
I like how you give yourself your own titles. Takamitsu is the best Jiggly in 64 by far. You are forgetting about Sliq in melee. You definitely aren't a pro. Not trying to be rude or anything man.

I guess I'll trust that Snake is harder. Question...Can't you air dodge into a snake to get inside him to avoid tilts?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Airdodging into someone sounds like a really bad idea, if you do it more than once they'll expect it and hit you with an up tilt or even a fsmash after you land.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I like how you give yourself your own titles. Takamitsu is the best Jiggly in 64 by far. You are forgetting about Sliq in melee. You definitely aren't a pro. Not trying to be rude or anything man.

I guess I'll trust that Snake is harder. Question...Can't you air dodge into a snake to get inside him to avoid tilts?
How do you know that I'm not the best? They haven't faced me so don't tell me if I'm wrong if you don't even know your right.

BTW I didn't say that I was the best in Melee, only in the n64 I was. And King is the best Jigglypuff player in Melee.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
dude, Mango took 1st at pound 3. And stop saying that you are the best. You aren't being very convincing and you're sounding like an ***.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wow... when will people ever get the respect I should get? I'm pretty **** good at this game and nobody gives a **** about me. Of course when Mango comes in we have to be nice to him lets praze him and all that other ****. God you treat him like a ****ing king and no matter what he says isn't wrong because hes mango of course. Maybe you guys should try giving respect to other Jigglypuff players that are almost as good. I'm being treated here as if I suck horribly with Jigglypuff and I should never player her again. I've devoted my self to Jigglypuff in all 3 games and I am not going to tolerate the stuff I'm being told at right now.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If you come in here saying you are the best at 64 and a pro at melee and we haven't heard of you, haven't seen video's of you, and haven't seen you placing in major tournaments, what the **** do you expect us to do, like seriously. I tell you what, if you win the next national tournament, I'll be like OMG your good, but until then, nope. And don't go saying that you win online tourneys cause that doesn't mean jack ****.

Mango won ****ing Pound 3, like 1st place, like he went into losers bracket 1st round cause of some link and DK dittos or something and then took 1st place, like he beat like everyone good in the tourney at somepoint, stop acting like you should get the same treatment as him.

TheStig

Smash Lord
I got mad respects for mango because this is what he did to win at Pound 3:

Defeated Mathos
Defeated Sliq
Defeated Cactaur
Defeated Forward
Defeated Azen
Defeated Chu
Defeated Cort
Defeated PC Chris
Defeated M2k
Defeated M2k

and thats pretty ridiculous!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Want videos huh? Well here I've got a whole bunch of them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jigglymaster

Jigglypuff N64 combo video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsulZCCw48U

Oh and sorry I don't have the ability to get to tournaments that are out of my state that are like in NY or friekien CA. You do know that not everybody can have their parents take them across the country just for a video game. I mean is that really fair, there could be sombody really good like the best(not talking about me) that just can't get anywhere so people don't know him. I'm not pro with Jigglypuff in Melee I'm just really good with him, but I'm still stating that I am very very good with Jigglypuff in N64. A lot of SSB64 players know me and respect me. I'm not nearly as known in Melee, and I'm not really known at all in Brawl yet. BTW, this arguement is compeletly irrevelant to Jigglypuff vs Metaknight so either we take this somewhere else or we end it now.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Want videos huh? Well here I've got a whole bunch of them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jigglymaster

Jigglypuff N64 combo video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsulZCCw48U
Why the hell would I want to watch a bunch of online vids. Being good online doesn't show anything about how good you are in person. And I seriously couldn't care less about how good you are in 64. And anyways, that combo video wasn't that great, I seriously doubt that you are the best besides Isai.

Oh and sorry I don't have the ability to get to tournaments that are out of my state that are like in NY or friekien CA. You do know that not everybody can have their parents take them across the country just for a video game. I mean is that really fair, there could be sombody really good like the best(not talking about me) that just can't get anywhere so people don't know him. I'm not pro with Jigglypuff in Melee I'm just really good with him, but I'm still stating that I am very very good with Jigglypuff in N64. A lot of SSB64 players know me and respect me. I'm not nearly as known in Melee, and I'm not really known at all in Brawl yet. BTW, this arguement is compeletly irrevelant to Jigglypuff vs Metaknight so either we take this somewhere else or we end it now.
If you can't make it out to major tournaments, then sorry, I can't treat you like a pro. Stop being a whinny like *****. Anyways 99.99% of the people who are like, whoa I'm good, I just can't make it out to tourneys suck ***, like major ***, like seriously, everyone is the best out of their little group of friends thinks they are freaking amazing at this game, and they don't, they are terrible, so why the hell should we be like, whoa you are saying the same things as the other people but you are good and they aren't. Seriously dude, get it in your ****ing skull that you are only making yourself look more and more like a ****ing scrub every time you post.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Do you have any offline vids? Because all I could find there was online stuff... Maybe because I didn't really bother, but whatever.

And can I call myself a pro now? I can spam rollout and get hit by the most avoidable moves, I can even get grabbed again right after getting up from a Dedede down-throw. But I have to admit, those awesome rollout-kills-because-your-opponent-is-being-a-****** were awesome :O

Really, I watched 2 vids, against some dedede dude, the finals I think. How that dude ended up there beats me, opponents running into a chaingrab, I guess, but whatever. Why are all your aerials full-hopped? Why do you constantly use rollout? How in the world do you get owned on Delfino as Jiggly?

I can't pull off even the simplest dair-to-rest on WiFi, can't get more than 3 bairs or soft fairs in a row and my spacing is pretty sucky, but I think even I play better than that, and I wouldn't even dare calling myself decent.

That SSB64 combo video did look pretty wicked, but why are most of your opponents at +100%? I always thought it was a 0-to-death insane combos game, yet you somehow manage to keep your opponent alive for so very long...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Look I'm sorry guys for overreacting (I sent a full-lengthed PM to bowyer about it) but we really need to stop talking here because this has nothing to do with Jigglypuff vs Metaknight. I haven't got to a brawl tournament yet and I hope to soon so I can really test how good I am. I never said I was good at all with Jigglypuff in brawl yet, I'm actually starting to think about maining Diddy Kong instead.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
This is not the hardest match up in the game. Play against a good Snake, that one is way harder. Even though this match up sucks, its not as bad as people generally think. Basically the game plan goes, empty sh around just outside of the MK's range, poke them to 65% then rest them.

Pound is way the **** your friend in this match up. If you know someone is going to throw a fair or nair at you, pound will beat it and it will get them that much closer to 65%.

Nair outta shield to gtfo is still good, though grab if possible is better.

I'm pretty sure MK uair beats your dair, but its still good to use outta shield and you can sometimes land it after your opponent wiffs a fair at you. Dair is also great for leading into rest once you get them to 65%.

Uair generally beats MK dair, so thats good.

weak fair leads to strong fair = 18%.

I disagree with this. I don't think rollout is a good move to use period, and unless someone shows me video footage of why rollout is good, I'm sticking to my opinion.

This is correct. The MK will probably try to edge guard with a shuttle loop so stay just above and behind the shuttle loop range and then once he has to land on the stage because his jumps ran out, recover high.

Big stages are bad because you can't kill him with a rest. You should often times ban Jungle Japes or be prepared to switch characters. Unfortunately rest doesn't kill MK on Green Greens til 61% so I would suggest staying away from that stage. Flat stages are good because it won't **** up your dair to rest ff timing.

MK can punish the rest very well. The behind hit of the D smash totally does a lot of damage and kills at a relatively low percent.

Additional stuff:
Be extremely campy and patient in this matchup. Just sit outside his range and jump a lot and when you know he's about to attack you throw out a move that will beat it such as a pound. Just make sure you switch things up and don't go into a pattern because your opponent will punish the **** outta you for it.

Actually I find that Pounding and spacing yourself far away from MK seems to ensure he cant hit you with a Shuttle Loop ( which is the bane of all jiggs if you havent noticed ), and if you can manage to poke him to around 20ish you can short hop over him while doing a Dair to spam the **** out of the tripping effect that the move has :chuckle: .

If you all dont know what the SHAD technique is then you need to go learn it NOW. SHADing his Dair while you land into a Fsmash is pure bliss.

You should also never EVER be close enough to Metaknight so he can Dash Grab you ( yeah THAT far ).

Dont even try to intercept/out prioritize his Glide Attack... You will fail every time.

And IDK about Snake being a harder match up. I have a slightly easier time with a really good snake than I do a good MK, but hey, every one has their own specific matchups due to everyone having a different style of play. :)

I am SOOOOO close to my Combo video being done and I hope you all check it out soon :chuckle:

edit: oh and Jigglymaster I think the term you're looking for is a "good" Jiggs player. not a "pro" By you're definition I would also be a "pro" which I am clearly not but am still a pretty **** "good" puff mainer.

oh and the fact the Rollouts Knockback in insane and the fact that if you miss or the foe shields it you will most likely space yourself so they cant punish it should make Rollout a good move by any definition. Ill make a special vid just for you Bowyer :bee:

Top Bottom