• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read Before Posting!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I decided to just make a complete table of contents for the Pit Forums. If we can at the very least get this stickied we won't have to worry about future stickies as they can just be added to this.

I know I'm missing a lot of stuff but it's currently 5:45am where I am and need to sleep. If you want please remind me of some of the threads that should be in here.

I'll talk personally to a moderator tomorrow about stickying this thread.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i like this =]. keeps the pit thread organized and another place to point towards for those people new here. nice.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
plus it offers a list of new techs so i dont have to go through searching obscure threads that pan out to being something that has already been discovered :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
My question is, should we make threads specifically for some of the ATs that haven't been given a thread? I say this because this list isn't just to make things easier to find, but to put right out in the open everything a new Pit player will want to see.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea taht would be nice also lots of the threads dont really describe what the tech is or the uses, so maybe if that could be incorporated somehow, that would be cool

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The mods either don't get or tend to ignore my requests to have threads stickied. v_v Too bad they don't allow the individual character forums to elect a mod just for their section.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been asking mod after mod but no responses. lol But in GimpyFish's defense I'm not too sure he ever got my message. I'll try him again when he gets on.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Basically making your arrow do a full 360.

I was practicing this during the weekend and managed to learn so many different angles to make this even more effective. On Battlefield I can hit you no matter where you are and no matter where I am, it's great. Edge-guarding someone with a 180 degree loop arrow you shot upwards = pure gold.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Jewdo the creator and maintainer of the Advance Techniques thread has made some great definitions for us! You could also maybe put this with your Undrworld series.

Jewdo said:
[Pit]

All of these techniques can be found in The Pit Compendium, along with the "UndrWorld" series by UndrDog.

*Arrow Life-Span Note*
It's important to know that the player retains control of Pit's arrows as long as they are on the stage, not just on the screen. One Pit may also keep up to four arrows in play at the same time. These two properties are what allow Pit's arrow-based techniques to work.

- Arrow Looping
How to Perform: After shooting an arrow, slowly rotate the joystick in a complete circle. There must be no obstacles in the way of the arrow at any point in the circle.
Effect: Pit's arrow will complete a wide circle. After Pit puts away his bow, he will move in response to the same joystick movements directing the arrow's arc.The timing takes practice, but Pit can loop the same arrow several times in a row.

- Arrow Looping Application - Arrow Chasing
How to Perform: Loop an arrow, then release it from its circular arc in your opponent's direction. Once the arrow is released, chase after it with Pit.
Effect: Opponent is forced to either (1) shield, (2) dodge, or (3) get hit by the arrow. Once the arrow has run its course, the Pit player is next to his shield-stunned, dodging, or hit-stunned opponent, set up for a near-guaranteed hit.

- Arrow Looping Application - Arrow Swarming
How to Perform: Loop one or more arrows continuously.
Effect: A large portion of the stage area is now covered by arrow arcs, making them unsafe for the opponent.

- Arrow Looping Application - Arrow Blitzing
How to Perform: Fire four arrows straight up. After releasing the fourth arrow, loop it downwards.
Effect: A hail of four arrows approaches the opponent at once. Can be followed up with Arrow Chasing.

– Norfair glitch
How to Perform: When the horizontal column of Lava approaches the center of the stage, jump into it while holding out the Mirror Shield. Continue to press into the Lava Column and hold the mirror shield after the initial touch.
Effect: Pit will stay inside the lava unharmed for a LONG TIME before finally getting kicked out. If you time your entrance correctly, the lava will recede before Pit takes any damage.

- Slidestep
How to Perform: Do a sidestep dodge, holding Shield or Down throughout the animation.
Effect: The animation of the sidestep dodge gives Pit a small amount of forward momentum, moving him forward slightly.

*Wings of Icarus Note - The duration of Wings of Icarus functions similarly to Rob's Up-B. Used the first time, it has full duration, but used immediately after, has reduced duration. To restore duration time, simply do not use Pit's Up-B for several seconds.*

- Wing Canceling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shell
Jump, and as soon as you leave the ground(like a wavedash): UpB, Then quickly do any aerial and fastfall. What will end up happening is that Pit will shoot just slightly into the air and the aerial will cancel out the UpB in a way that you could literally "Wing Cancel"
- Platform Wing Cancel
A variation of Wing Canceling. While jumping upwards through a platform, do an Up-B just as your feet pass through completely, then cancel the Wings of Icarus with an aerial (same as a normal Wing Cancel).

- Wing Dashing
How to Perform: Do a Wing Cancel while holding left or right on the joystick.
Effect: Pit goes into Wings of Icarus from a standing position, moves in the indicated direction, then lands. If D-air is used to cancel the Wings, there is no landing lag. This is the most similar technique to wavedashing found in Brawl so far.

- Wing Gliding/Wave Gliding
How to Perform: Jump, then do an Up-B as soon as you leave the ground. Hold Left or Right.
Effect: Pit travels along the ground fairly quickly in his Wings of Icarus state. Best used for a quick retreat.

- Wing Refresh/Pit's Infinite Jump
How to Perform: Do an Up-B close to the ground, glide off the edge while still in Wings of Icarus, then perform an aerial.
Effect: Pit, now off the edge, gets all of his double jumps back, as well as his Up-B, without actually touching the ground. Can be looped infinitely.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Just found something while I was trying Slidestepping for the first time. If you ground dodge normally without holding shield or down, you go nowhere. HOWEVER, if you continuously do them AS SOON AS PIT FINISHES THE animation and don't hold anything, you'll move backwards.

So what I'm saying basically is that ground dodging in very rapid succession will slide you back (as long as you don't hold shield or down). Combine this with Slidestepping and you could maybe mindgame your opponent, or just make a very odd taunt haha.

EDIT - Let's call this Reverse Slidestepping?

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Here's a fun fact, Pit's arrows can intercept Ness and Lucas' PK Thunders. It's a real pain in the *** to time but it's possible.

The shield always works too :)

Top Bottom