• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New form of wobbling?

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
If you grab the opponent and do nothing your opponent will break away. If you do a jab right when the opponent breaks away he will be stopped right in front of you not being able to do anything.

Alright, so this is how you do this CG. First do an alternating Fthrow to Nana, then move Popo to be slightly behind Nana. Now steadily hit the jab button, this will make Nana and Popo alternate between grab hits and jabs. When the opponent breaks away he should be hit by a jab resulting in the situation explained in the first paragraph. Now wait for a split second then press the grab button again, and Nana should grab them again before they can move. If you do it too fast Nana will shield and Popo will simply knock the opponent away with another jab. If you do it to slow then the opponent can break free. This CG only works until around 100-130 because the jab will eventually knock the opponent out of Nana's grab range, but of course you should be doing a grab finisher by that point. Thoughts?

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I'll test it out right now then.

Funny thing is, I was talking to Wobbles in person (<3) yesterday about no wobbling and just all around IC play in Brawl. Good times.

EDIT: I tested it out. It works (sort of). Let me explain.

- YES it makes them stand right next to you. But, since you have to jab them as they get free, this will not work for multiple reasons:

1. Since players can influence when they come out and where (next or behind you), this will make it so that you have to guess when to stop jabbing so the next one comes out on time or so that you don't accidently jab again and have Popo do his AA jab (which will not be decayed and thus knock them too far) or make Nana jab.

2. In that split second when they come free and land behind you while you predicted they land in front, they have as much time as you to react. Vice versa.

3. This can be pulled off, but it is just too much of a hassle and another CG would be much more effective.

These reasons, though, can be wrong if what I am doing is wrong. Which I doubt. . . can you upload a video?

Cero

Smash Lord
hmmm-I'd rather see an ICs main pull off some complicated d-throw -> Nana SH f-air chain grabs or alternating grab infinites than see them do a slow, boring (and almost ineffective when compared to other options) repeated jab grab not-so-infinite... :ohwell:

but...the more options, the better I guess...

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Well I kinda guessed this CG would have some holes in it, it was just something I was messing around with in training mode, if it turns out to be ineffective then so be it.

Fhed

Smash Apprentice
good idea seems useful but earlier this week got a good idea. It is a chain grab but i still need to continue working with it to see if it is affective. I have should it my my friend and he says its broken but i still need more time on it.

Top Bottom