• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New way for Zelda players to annoy people!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Create a stage with an all-spring floor. Select Zelda and load the stage.

Here's where the fun part starts.

If you use Din's Fire or Nayru's Love as fast as you can, you can infinitely stall on a spring (until you stop using them, of course). Now, I know what you're thinking. "Hey, this doesn't sound too great. What's this guy thinking?"

You can have up to FOUR Din's Fire projectiles out at once!

Zelda
|
v

O . . . . < - Din's Fire projectiles
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < - Springs

You just need to hold the first one for about a third of a second, then spam it as much as you can. Hard to pull off, but surely rewarding.

Oh, and Nayru's Love? People won't want to get near you, because the shards are almost always out.

Doesn't that sound fun? :p

Almost forgot! Pretty sure this is already known, but if you do a down-tilt with Zelda, it'll most likely force people to trip, giving you a huge opening to land an attack.

S2

Smash Lord
Strange find.

The only non-custom stage that uses a spring is Picochat during one of its drawings, who knows if that's going to end up being banned or not. Does this tactic work on that stage, or does that spring funciton differently than the large springs you put in custom stages?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Strange find.

The only non-custom stage that uses a spring is Picochat during one of its drawings, who knows if that's going to end up being banned or not.
Who knows? I knows. It's Pictochat. It's so banned. The wind, the "spiky" lines, the teetering cart of massive inertial doom, the cage drawing... it's more effed than WarioWare.

And if the above question gets a yes, mr_kennedy wins the thread.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
agreed. I definitely hope mr_kennedy wins the thread. As much as i don't like for other people to win.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
This thread is kind of funny, just the other day I was considering a similar alternative.

This is not something I have tested, but in a 2v2 with team damage on it seems feasible for a low damage friendly disruption to result in a decoupling effect too.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Tested!!
With Sonic's spring, you CAN get very fast nayru's loves and very fast din's fires.

Not super incredibly useful, but, it could technically be used for an advantage in competitive play.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Characters that can infinitely stall on springs:

Zero Suit Samus (Down-air spike)
Marth (Counter)
Ike (Counter)
Sheik (Down-air spike)
Zelda (Nayru's Love and Din's Fire)
Sonic (Down-air spike)
Toon Link (Down-air spike)
Meta Knight (That move where he disappears and says something that sounds like "Floor!")

I hereby refer to it as "spring stalling".

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Having sonic as your partner in a team match would make this maul people..
Except you would have to deal with: having sonic as your partner in a team match:psycho:. King of poor precedence, master of predictable B moves, our lord of the last-minute programming work.
**IMHO disclaimer**

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Having sonic as your partner in a team match would make this maul people..
I thought of this earlier today, after successfully pulling it off with Sonic in a team match. Even in a Free-For-All, Sonic's spring still gives Zelda a tremendous advantage. Perhaps our Hylian Princess will jump up a tier or two?

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I thought of this earlier today, after successfully pulling it off with Sonic in a team match. Even in a Free-For-All, Sonic's spring still gives Zelda a tremendous advantage. Perhaps our Hylian Princess will jump up a tier or two?
Anyone want to post a video of this(during actual gameplay in 2v2 with Sonic's spring).

It's hard for me to pull it off consistently, also you can use it with the spring items also(of course).

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Anyone want to post a video of this(during actual gameplay in 2v2 with Sonic's spring).

It's hard for me to pull it off consistently, also you can use it with the spring items also(of course).
It's incredibly hard for everyone to pull off consistently. You just have to practice. A lot.

I second the notion for a video. Unfortunately, I don't have anything but a cell phone camera (which sucks).

Top Bottom