• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's up-B - Acts like super armor?

molopo

Smash Rookie
Does snake's up-b act like super armor? I've seen videos where snake is attack while using cypher, takes damage, flashes white; etc, but he doesn't seem to flinch or receive knockback. Does this always happen? Is there a certain window of time this has to occur in? Thanks in advance.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it happens when Snake grabs the cypher and begins to ascend with it. I believe it lasts until he goes airborne, then he can be knocked off it.

molopo

Smash Rookie
Isn't he airborne with it the entire time...? I don't get what you're trying to say.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
er, snake only gets more weight put onto him, like yoshi's double jump. it doesnt have super armour frames.

and yes, i just tested this with snake at 999%, and he gets knocked off and flew a million miles per hour.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
er, snake only gets more weight put onto him, like yoshi's double jump. it doesnt have super armour frames.

and yes, i just tested this with snake at 999%, and he gets knocked off and flew a million miles per hour.
Really? I'm pretty sure i've taken a fsmash from Ike once and didn't move. Oh well if you just tested it and you got knocked off I guess it doesn't have SA frames.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
thats probably at really early percentages, later percentages, ud get knocked off for sure lol, though u still maintain ur weight during ur flight from being knocked off, so u dont fly as far.

i may have not done a "perfect" test, so if otherwise, try it.

waks

Smash Journeyman
I think it does have SA frames, but perhaps only for a while? Or maybe you only have super armor while you have the cypher on you. So if the attack hits the cypher as well, it ends up hitting you too. Dont quote me on this though, Im not quite sure myself.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Go read the 'Better' Super armor list thread in the tactical boards. Any questions you have about SA can be answered there, or if you have any new sightings, post them there.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163775

NoVa's Super Armor Theory said:
People have come and said that they've been able to break through a player's SA. My theory on this is the following:
Any attack which cause freeze frames that lands on your opponent will flinch your target, if your attack's freeze frames end after the SA frames of your target's attack.
The best example of this is how hitting the Shyguys on yoshi's island affects one person with freeze frames, but not the other. My theory states that ANY attack may interrupt a SA attack, while popular belief lies in very powerful attacks interrupting SA attacks.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
My friend and I experimented recently with Snake and Lucas. It seems that all "weak" attacks do nothing to hinder Snake while he's using the Cypher. Lucas's Jab Combo, Nair, Dair, don't flinch Snake. However, his Fair, Bair, tilts all do.

It seems to be a unique form of Super Armor for Snake specifically.

Top Bottom