• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Teleporting? Glitch?

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
I think it has to do with the tiny slope on the statue, and being hit makes him teleport.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Is that edited to look like that or is that serious what happened, cause thats really weird. Although in this glitchy game it doesn't surprise me. Try to recreate it maybe, and figure out the cause.

Browny

Smash Hater
all characters can do that, stage builder has lots of glitches which allow you to teleport/ block with invisible walls

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not edited, I played a custom stage that someone had in a public gaming room - it was basically a platform with two stairs under it, and a Sonic user could use the stairs as teleport points, and if he did a Spin dash from the right place, he'd go floating horizontally, like in that video.

It was before I decided to pick up Sonic though, so I haven't been able to try it since xD

RoyalFenix

Smash Rookie
It's not edited, I played a custom stage that someone had in a public gaming room - it was basically a platform with two stairs under it, and a Sonic user could use the stairs as teleport points, and if he did a Spin dash from the right place, he'd go floating horizontally, like in that video.

It was before I decided to pick up Sonic though, so I haven't been able to try it since xD
Well, Ill see if i can recreate it on a non-custom stage. If not, then it was just a glitch for that custom stage.

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
@Tenki: I have the same glitch. I basically made a stunt stage for wario and sonic, and if you use the down b on a slant and you go off of the edge, you float horizontally. It's REALLY wiered.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Such is the result of stage builder, and stage builder NOT being able to stop every glitch. It is pretty intresting, however, and it's neat to know/see. It is pretty intresting, and definitely something intresting to remember. This is definitely worth noting and remembering! XD

That was seriously pretty cool, lulz. Now to name the technique/glitch (lolololol! I crack myself up! XD). It'd be intresting if you could make the game sorta "glitch up" like that, and use that to your advantage, and learn how to use that. Sorta like L-cancelling and wavedashing, except those are exploits, not glitches! >_> You gotta admit, if you could use a glitch competitively and learn to control it, it'd be pretty awsome! :laugh:

RoyalFenix

Smash Rookie
Well if there are any suggestions for the name of the technique/glitch i would be glad to hear them. For as of right now, i have no clue on what to name it.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
so they couldn't make a stage builder without glitches? hope I can make a good stage anyway...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Well if there are any suggestions for the name of the technique/glitch i would be glad to hear them. For as of right now, i have no clue on what to name it.
The obvious thing would be to call it chaos control. So sad. So passe. And it has something to do with Shadow, so that's right out.

I thought of something better anyway.

I hereby dub that glitch...DEBUG MODE.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
There's a bunch of Sonic Teleporting glitches...

They all see to make to do with tilted ledges and Spin Dashes.

And it's not even a teleport... when Sonic Spin Dashes off of a tilted ledge, then he hits something, he moves sooooooooooo fast that it looks like a teleport, but you actually do see him move in an ultimate flash of light.

But yes, Chaos Control and Debug Mode are perfect names for this glitch.

Top Bottom