• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this a new advance Technique?

D

Deleted member

heres how to do it

Hold down A, C stick right/left

hopefully it works with Z too

Heevar_Lewlson

Smash Cadet
Actually you can do it without B-sticking, by holding down A (or I set my attack to Z to make DAC's easier, helps for this as well) before you draw the bomb / as you are drawing it. Then you can run around or whatver, and hit the C-stick for the side smashes.

From my experience, Up-smash does nothing, D-smash just makes you crouch for a tiny bit then stand again, even if you hold it down. Letting go of the C-stick after you start will not cancel it early, and it will only attack after the charge is finished, as well as only doing the first hit. In order to cancel the full charge / do the second hit, you'll need to let-go / press the attack button twice. However, the good news is you can hold it down after the second hit of the smash, and you'll be set up to do it all over again.

If you act quickly, you can get off 3 pairs of F-smashes and still have time to throw the bomb about 1/3 of FD before it explodes. I can upload something in a bit if that didn't make any sense, I only woke up about 20 minutes ago and my brain hasn't turned on yet. :dizzy:

EDIT: It works with held-items off the ground too, just hold down the button you use to pick them up before you start the smashes.

EDIT EDIT lol: If you're holding an item and you let go of your attack button for whatever reason, just throw GB, fire an arrow, roll, or whatever. Hold your attack button down while he's doing that, then when you come out you'll be good to go.

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
haha TLs game keeps looking better and better :) and i'm not sure if i just misunderstood the post explaining it above me, but i think i might be able to explain it a little better. if you want to fsmash (both hits) without charging, you have to let go of A right after you tap the c-stick in the direction you're fsmashing (all after you begin holding A immediately after you draw your bomb, of course). i just hit the c-stick with my left thumb. anybody know if it works for peach? i hope this is actually a new find so i don't look like a big idiot on my second post

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
haha TLs game keeps looking better and better :) and i'm not sure if i just misunderstood the post explaining it above me, but i think i might be able to explain it a little better. if you want to fsmash (both hits) without charging, you have to let go of A right after you tap the c-stick in the direction you're fsmashing (all after you begin holding A immediately after you draw your bomb, of course). i just hit the c-stick with my left thumb. anybody know if it works for peach? i hope this is actually a new find so i don't look like a big idiot on my second post
No, you're looking like an idiot, but you're trying so I guess it's okay

Heevar_Lewlson

Smash Cadet
anybody know if it works for peach? i hope this is actually a new find so i don't look like a big idiot on my second post
I just tried Diddy with a banana, Peach + Turnip, and Ganondorf holding a smart-bomb lol, all worked the same, so I'd say it's fairly safe to assume it's universal. I don't have anywhere near the attention span to test it with everyone, lol

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Well, I messed it it. It was a nice find. Others already gave a disscription of it. Overall, it's impractical... It would decently nice if you could use the other smashes. Link's Fsmash is the slowest out of all this smashes and maybe even slower than tilts. Another AT that doesn't have much use to add to Link's list.

jalued

Smash Lord
actually, u don't have to start it by holding down a... bring out a bomb, then you can do any b move whihc will produce a slight lag, hold a during the arrow, spin attack etc. all u have to do then is to fsmash with the cstick.

this does reduce times that you can repeat with the same bomb, but it means that your not restricted to just jumping, fsmashing and throwing the bomb. it also makes your movements less pradictable and hard for the opponent to determine if you are capable of fsmashing them

Top Bottom