• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My "crawl dash"...

Browny

Smash Hater
lol i did that earlier today with pikachu by complete accident

although are you sure its only with characters who can crawl? im quite sure ive done a retreating fsmash that looked exactly like the one you showed, using sonic a few days ago, but he cant crawl...

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Might have been a "craqwalk"... although, i haven't really tested this crawldash enough. wich is why is out this out here.. so other people can help test ;)

ima work on it a lot tomorraz, ill try wth sonic

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I've done this a couple times with Yoshi too on accident, thanks for posting how to do it. Could prove useful. :)

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
This is for people that said that nothing more wil be discovered lol.

This can prove to be quite significient for expert players with amazing tech skills :p.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Lol.. Why shouldn't I be able to say i discovered it :p

although, I really don't care if i get any credit for posting this in the long run.. but meh.
Im just hoping this can help the metagame :)

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
**Edit: Reply removed. In investigating, I thought I had hit something new but I re-discovered Craq Walking instead. Apologies all around.**

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
I see why people could be hopeful, but is this technique all that viable? Sure you kinda have recreated a wavedash-esque technique but its a tad on the slow side to actually be used in actual gameplay. I mean even craq doesnt use the craqwalk as often or even at all anymore. This Tech however is faster than that but think about it your SH TOWARDS(in most cases) your opponent so you can hopefully fake them out and get a free hit/smash? The opponent will just atk you in the air. Could you even incorporate an air dodge to this? I think a tad slow for the constantly evolving metagame of speed and quite amazing. I mean with snake dashing, speed hugging, "quick" character specific techs, etc, I dont thing the metagames gonna grow with these in mind and be thrown off by a relatively slow tech. Listen I'm not trying to burst your bubble just kinda giving you constructive critisism. Joke will be on me if its the next big thing. But all in all it is a nice find.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
People are ACTUALLY calling it the 'craq walk' now?
Yes, because the name Craq Walk is freaking Epic.

Nice find, your getting Boosts equivalent to Luigi Craq Walks.....
I wonder how Far Luigi Slids with this technique then. He should be able to slide even farther than that, if sanity holds.

Behemoth King

Smash Rookie
I see why people could be hopeful, but is this technique all that viable? Sure you kinda have recreated a wavedash-esque technique but its a tad on the slow side to actually be used in actual gameplay. I mean even craq doesnt use the craqwalk as often or even at all anymore. This Tech however is faster than that but think about it your SH TOWARDS(in most cases) your opponent so you can hopefully fake them out and get a free hit/smash? The opponent will just atk you in the air. Could you even incorporate an air dodge to this? I think a tad slow for the constantly evolving metagame of speed and quite amazing. I mean with snake dashing, speed hugging, "quick" character specific techs, etc, I dont thing the metagames gonna grow with these in mind and be thrown off by a relatively slow tech. Listen I'm not trying to burst your bubble just kinda giving you constructive critisism. Joke will be on me if its the next big thing. But all in all it is a nice find.
Wavelanding was used quite commonly in melee. IMHO I believe this is going to be the Brawl equivilant to a waveland.

Just one question, can this be done while doing an aerial? If it can then this is epic.

Sweet find. :) And hell yeah, something for the Yoshi fans!

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
@triforcecore
Of course it's not an amazingly epic technique as it is.. But that's precisely why new things should be shown to the community right? so maybe this technique can be developed.. by that i mean, maybe a certain tweak to this crawl dash can make it actually very viable in a match..

But yes.. as it is right now, it works exactly like a retreating waveland did in melee.

Also, It can't be done during an actual arial.. But you could use a quick arial and do the crawl dash right after the move finishes..The arial would be done to keep your opponent somewhat away from you.

And yes, It can be done during an air dodge.. i think lol.. I tried it yesterday but i forgot :p

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
Yea man I totally agree on the it should be shown to the community part and all and i see the waveland aspect so hey lets get some guys to mess around with this see what it can become

Top Bottom