• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Single New Ganon Vid! yay 5/21

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I can't delete this and put it up with my new profile so whatever. But I have a lot of new videos n such I wanted to post so here it goes.
*I wan't able to get any matches versus faster characters per se, but got some against characters that aren't big n' slow :p*

Take a look at them if you want, hopefully you can learn some things, at the very least tell me how I'm doing.

5/21
I plan on adding to these but take a look at this first one, because I definitely think it's worth a viewing :p
Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (DK) Not versus a smaller character but Brahma's DK is beastly, especially here. You can take a look at the other ones if you want but I got ***** and there isn't much to learn

5/6
Swoops (Ganon) vs Scum (Lucario)
Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (Mario) This is Ganondorf played in all of his badassery
Swoops (Ganon) vs DarkDeath (Snake) one hell of an ending
Swoops (Ganon) vs DarkDeath (Snake) 2
Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (Bowser) mua haha

These are just short (very short) little clips that are testaments to Ganondorf's awesomeness
Ganontastic! This one did KO it's just I didn't catch it
Ganontastic! 2

Old 4/26
Swoops (Ganon) vs Oroman (Link)
Swoops (Ganon) vs Hello_Kirby (Peach)
Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (DK)
Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (DK) 2
Swoops (Ganon) vs ?? (Ike)

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Why aren't people commenting? Some of these matches are fantastic. I'm learning a lot.

I want to see you do some matches against a quick character, like Metaknight.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
That was awesome Plz play me I need to get better through fighting people that are better than me plz respond so we can have a match my freind code is on the left.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Why aren't people commenting? Some of these matches are fantastic. I'm learning a lot.

I want to see you do some matches against a quick character, like Metaknight.
Aaah, fresh account...feels good.

Yea sure, I'll try to get some. He doesn't do to bad against quick characters as long as you remain calm and bring them down to your pace.

Be glad to play you apm, BFC is in sig...oh...2621-2297-4759 :p. PM me whenver you want to get some matches in.

:034:

Smash Hero
That was very impressive. Those matches really had me on the edge of my seat, looking forward to more Ganon craziness.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
wow nice gannon

but you dont use air downb outa shield at all.
The instant shock wave is cool but, A. It's hard to pull off well online, and B. It has about the same range and the same speed as your grab and that has less lag and isn't easily punishable.

I think it's useful for mix-ups at points but usually you have better options.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
they always seem to be behind me online, and turn grab never seems to work right. plus for some reason it nearly always links to a sparta kick because my enemy's bad dodge skills.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Yea, it's decent for roll punishing, especially if they end up behind you. I usually stomp to roll punish though. It just usually seems like a much better option, less risk much higher reward. All that jazz. You miss the timing on the insta foot and you're screwed. At lower percents it links into f-tilt but so does stomp, and that ends up doing a hell of a lot more damage. Higher percents stomp is going to kill.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Haha... nice Ganon. That ganon vs. mario match was not surprising to me though.
Usually, ganon vs mario matches almost always end up for a victory for the ganon player. I can say this because I have versed some mario mainers myself before and ended up comboing a lot.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Haha... nice Ganon. That ganon vs. mario match was not surprising to me though.
Usually, ganon vs mario matches almost always end up for a victory for the ganon player. I can say this because I have versed some mario mainers myself before and ended up comboing a lot.
Yea, when playing him I realized how easy Mario was. I said I was playing Ganon at his highest badassery just because right before the match I was like "**** it, im just going to walk this whole match." Oh yea, walking, incredibly useful. A lot better pace for Ganon. Plus its nice to walk forward or backward just a bit after Gerudo. Sets you up for certain follow ups and fakes them out a little

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
Impressive ganon, as someone else said I would like to see how well you fair against a faster character like MK. It would definitely be cool if you could beat a good MK :)

Sliq

Smash Master
Too much rolling and spot dodging. Also, work on your spacing.

You should also edge guard with your back to the opponent. Then you have the option of Stomping them, Tipman spiking them, or Bairing.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
is it just me or you seem better in the old vids, than you do in the new vids. Maybe its just your opponents I don't know, I'm really tired right now.
Yea, I was a little bit flashier in my old ones and a lot of the old stuff I was doing can be exploited pretty easily but I'm learning. Also learning how to deal with an annoying spammy defensive Snake.

Trying to get out of the habit of approaching with stomp even though I love it. But I didn't think I was rolling or spot dodging to much, maybe rolling...hell I don't think I ever spot dodge...like even once *goes back to check vids*

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
Query: Does the Thunderstorm on an opponents kickup attack after a Flame Choke work on all characters, or do some have their hitboxes arranged differently to stop that kinda thing?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Query: Does the Thunderstorm on an opponents kickup attack after a Flame Choke work on all characters, or do some have their hitboxes arranged differently to stop that kinda thing?
As far as I've seen you can get a stomp on anyone's get up with the right timing. I try to use it after SH gerudo because it hits so quick that it forces a get up attack a lot.

Sliq

Smash Master
Yea, I was a little bit flashier in my old ones and a lot of the old stuff I was doing can be exploited pretty easily but I'm learning. Also learning how to deal with an annoying spammy defensive Snake.

Trying to get out of the habit of approaching with stomp even though I love it. But I didn't think I was rolling or spot dodging to much, maybe rolling...hell I don't think I ever spot dodge...like even once *goes back to check vids*
The amount you spot dodge should be 0. Ganons dodge is awful.

Sliq

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, I don't spot dodge with Gdorf much at all. I only spot dodge big slow attacks or ones that dominate your shield.
You shouldn't spot dodge period. Just roll if someone does a big attack. Spot dodging is punishable, while certain instances of rolling are not (i.e. away from).

But you do roll a bit much. Rolling a lot is a sure fire way to get dominated by a high level player.

I'm not saying you roll absurd amounts, just saying, don't roll a lot.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Too much rolling and spot dodging. Also, work on your spacing.

You should also edge guard with your back to the opponent. Then you have the option of Stomping them, Tipman spiking them, or Bairing.
It's funny how the name carries over, seeing how Tipman doesn't play Brawl Ganondorf (to my knowledge)

Sliq

Smash Master
It's funny how the name carries over, seeing how Tipman doesn't play Brawl Ganondorf (to my knowledge)
Well, that's what I called it when he did play, so I still call it that. I could be a tool and name it the Sliq spike, but I'm not an immense d!ckhead, so I won't.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Dear Brahma your mario sux big time.
Lol Mario isn't is main at all, if anything he was just trying him out...even so Mario sucks anyways :p.

I've been trying to short hop dodge a lot more for mind games and it counters aerials pretty well so I can punish. Ganons short hop and fall speed make it so hop dodges are really useful. But trying not to roll as much.

...call it tipman spike or eddie spike or whatever the **** you want as long as people know what you're talking about

Jekyll

Smash Ace
After FC6, I was convinced that the Eddie Spike was when someone wildly threw down their controller after a match...True story.

<3 Eddie

Moshe

Smash Cadet
NNID
MosheX
You shouldn't spot dodge period. Just roll if someone does a big attack. Spot dodging is punishable, while certain instances of rolling are not (i.e. away from).
a spot dodge is much better to counter attack with

But you do roll a bit much. Rolling a lot is a sure fire way to get dominated by a high level player.

I'm not saying you roll absurd amounts, just saying, don't roll a lot.
if u roll to much like you said it would get you in trouble when i play more or less its safer to roll away from them to to roll behind him and by rolling behind him you might run in to some DI issues

Sliq

Smash Master
a spot dodge is much better to counter attack with
No, it isn't. Shielding is the best thing to do against almost all attacks. Spot dodging leaves you COMPLETELY open. all they have to do is read your spot dodge, and wail on you with a strong move, or a multihit move. If you shield, all they can really do is grab, and not many characters have grabs you should be afraid of.

Spt dodging is only good if your character has a good spot dodge.

if u roll to much like you said it would get you in trouble when i play more or less its safer to roll away from them to to roll behind him and by rolling behind him you might run in to some DI issues
First off, please take an extra minute or two to type using correct grammar and punctuation. It is very inconsiderate to force me to take time reading YOUR ideas.

Secondly, you should never spot dodge for similar reasons. If you are holding down from the spot dodge, you are going to get bad DI when someone pummels you. Albeit, anyone smart will buffer proper di out of almost everything they do, it can still happe if you are caught off guard.

Top Bottom