• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inverse matchup thread

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Ok so I got bored. Instead of making a matchup thread, I went around to other character boards and looked at theirs to see what other characters fear or don't so much fear about Lucario. What kind of strategies used specifically against Lucario.

I've noticed a few things that most boards had in common:
Most others don't yet understand Lucario's hitboxes. This will change as they play more Lucario players but for now, it's something to take advantage of.

Most of the heavier characters (ike, bowser, dk ect) seem to want to KO Lucario early on. They get worried once Lucario is over 100% since his damage and knockback start to pose more of a threat.

This seemed rather important actually. Almost all characters fear Lucario's aerials!! Just about every post I read was telling characters to try ground based attacks due to Lucario's range, disjointed hitboxes and speed in the air.

Most of us already know it. Lucario's smashes are slow and extremely punishable, sadly, all of our opponents know this too.

Also, most Lucario's know to space their attacks, (some like force palm wont even work at close range) but characters with longer range (Olimar, link, marth ect) will try to keep even further back. Faster characters (like Marth) or ones with lower range seem to want to be more aggressive to force us back.

Finally the only other non-character spicific point I noted was that apparently, Lucario players tend to roll behind their opponent or roll a lot in general. Other characters seem to be on the alert for Lucario players rolling behind them.

Addon: A bunch of people see Lucario as the anti-combo character.

Now for specifics, but note that Lucario isn't the first posted on many unfinished matchup threads and some exclude him entirely. Most other characters don't seem to think of him as a big threat, we godda change this.

Bowser:
-Uses flamebreath(neutralB) to stop a running approach
-Ftilt may stop a fully charged Aura Spheres(neutralB), will certainly stop uncharged ones
-They don't seem too confident on a whole with their character, keep it that way with good spacing and out-ranging, since they'll be focusing on their spacing the whole time
-Bowsers are adapting to a faster style of play, don't take them lightly
-Watch out for shield>upB

Captain Falcon:
-They aren't a fan of Lucario's range and disjointed hitboxes
-Will try to punish slow smashes and rolls with raptor boost (sideB)
-Are worried that we'll Double Team their attacks since they suffer from the same startup lag we do on their attacks
-Enjoy the fact that we suffer from the same startup lag they do
-His ftilt will outrange us, watch out
-They may try to stick to 'silent' moves, so that we have a harder time double teaming them. (falcon punch, fsmash, falcon kick ect are his 'loud' moves) Taking away the audio cues is smart I must admit
-Do NOT under any circumstance fall to the ground after an upB. ALWAYS land on the ground. Falling, unable to attack or dodge will lead to them falcon punching you
-They think we're easy to gimp, prove them wrong guys!
-They seem to get extremely frustrated when we spam dair and aura sphere... keep it up, makes them angry, lose their cool and make stupid mistakes =P (The part they get most frustrated about, is that they cant seem to do anything about it)
-Don't let him bair you when you're hanging on the edge!

DeDeDe:
-Lucario cannot be infinitely grabbed but can be chaingrabbed
-They focus on DI.
-Watch out for the swallow-suicide
-Force palm and double team is something that they fear
-Lucario's spacing puts us right in DeDeDe's best attack range.

Diddy:
-Banana's banana's banana's... I swear, every second post was on banana's.
-One of them suggests to use Diddy's sideB (face hug) to rack up damage on Lucario before trying other attacks.
-Diddy can also use his sideB as a horizontal recovery
-Diddy's sideB will also grab in the air, as you fall they can jump off and recober
-Watch out for Diddy's spike and upB spike
-Diddy's dash attack can be combo'd out of easily (dash attack > umash for example)
-Their aerials can have slow startup, try to keep to the skies.
-Ugh, every second post is STILL about bananas
-Just be careful in this matchup, use your projectiles, when Diddy doesn't spam bananas he'll spam the A button.

DK:
-Aura spheres are countered by ftilt and utilt.
-They only have a few quick attacks, so they'll abuse bair if you try to make it an aerial battle.
-They may try Uthrowing you to get you in the habit of dair-ing just be careful of their utilt/smash
-DK doesn't like going off the edge for anything but a fair spike, he is gimped too easily by a foot/toad/head stool jump
-Watch out for grounded upB's
-If DK uses his slower attacks, double team they don't like it
-A few of them worry about our % as much as we do. They're on the lookout
-BAS will be cancled by just about anything DK has
-Look out at around 100%, DK will try to kill you as you reach that point

Falco:
-Watch out for their laserlock and laser pressure in general.
-Watch for sideB recovery spike.
-They know to avoid the chainthrow
-Lucario's uair > Falco's dair
-Definatly want us dead once we reach 100%ish
-They'll feed on predictable aura spheres... starve'm
-They really dont like being under us... Wonder why? =P

DO NOT follow him off the map. Lucario has amzing gimping ability against falcos.

Fox:
-Wants to stay ground based to use their superior speed over lucario.
-They're on the look out for ftilt > utilt which we use to get them in the air, they'll try to keep you grounded with their dair and use nair for damage.
-They fear the 100% mark on Lucario, they know they'll die easily when we're 100%+. So be prepared for an aggressive fox before 100% and a defensive one after 100%
-They worry about our aerial game more then our ground game
-They know to look out for AAFP and chaingrabs
-Punish Fox's sideb with Aura sphere

Game and Watch:
-They don't like dthrow > dsmash against us since it can easily be dodged by Lucario.
-May use the pan and food (neutralB) to destroy our spheres and possibly to edgegaurd.
-Another tactic is to distract us with the pan(neutralB) then absorb a sphere(neutralB) with their bucket.
-WATCH OUT FOR THE BUCKET! It can absorb things that don't even hit the bucket (i.e. the aura sphere flies above or behind G&W, he'll still absorb it)
-Will KO at 40% with uncharged aura spheres(neutralB)
-Will KO at any percent with even one Force Palm Flame(sideB) or semi-charged sphere(neutralB)
-Look out for G&W's bair, the turtle. It's one attack that puts their aerial game above ours. It has extremely high priority, has multiple hits and you can't shield it.
-His ground game has priority over yours, they know that.
-his uair will push us up, rendering our dair useless BUT, eventually we will fall to the point where we hit with our dair.
-Like Toon Link, and us (Lucario) they enjoy their Dair, are like to mindgame out of it (their dair's fastfall actually slowfalls them) It also spikes.
-His dtilt can cancel our AS
-they all seem very strong-willed on the subject that G&W has a huge advantage over Lucario

Ganondorf:
-They rely on punishing smash start-up and cool-down lag from our smashes or bad rolls.
-Off the edge, be careful of his sideb! They don't seem to have a problem dieing if they take you with them, and remember, it's a grab, not doubleteam-able
-Watch out for a grounded sideB -> dtilt -> upB combo, it works on about all characters so expect it on Lucario too. Get ready to DI, tech/roll away or attack back.
-They dont like our projectile
-Expect an offensive Ganon
-They'll try to stay close, killing our spacing
-They'll try to prevent us charging our Aura Sphere(NeutralB)
-Ganon's dash attack will cancel any sphere until we're at 117%
-They may try to goad us into becoming more offensive then we should, keep your cool!

From a topic titled: Comps have ways of rendering some of Ganon's moves null. Players might learn these.
You know how Ganondorf extends his foot out for the F-tilt and D-tilt, and leaves the foot there for a moment before retracting? Because this is an extended hurt/hitbox, a person can shield grab Ganon from a ridiculous distance. Very annoying.

This may be damage dependent, but I've seen the computer airdodge between the first and second hits of the D-smash fairly often. It's not right.

A last thing I've seen is when the computer has a character with an instant N-air move. After I grab them with the up-B, they are able to N-air me the exact moment I release them. I don't know how they get past the hit stun, but they do it.

Ice Climbers:
-According to one of them, our roll poses a threat.
-They like their chaingrabs, so space accordingly.
-They like to desync, a common tactic of them so that they have one attack finishing while another attack is just starting.
-Near 40% or higher, stay away from the edge against ice climbers because they can Fthrow with Popo and spike you with Nana.

Ike:
-Will fight for his friends.
-Is also afraid of Lucario at 100% or over, so they'll try to kill you before you reach that point. Again watch for the aggressive 0-100% and defensive 100%+.
-They basically focus on spacing, and trying to get within Lucario's range.
-Are more accustomed to developing strategies around campers

Jigglypuf:
-Is more afraid at 50% or above.
-Will try uair, dair, sideb's all in the air to show their aerial abilities. Some of lucario's best game is in the air though so lets show them who rules the skies =P
-They like their rollout as a killer if you aren't near an edge but personally I've seen it used to recover more so then as a ground based attack.
-They seem to want to focus on gimping recovery since jigglypuf seems to be build for that. (Though there are some that will avoid this)

Kirby:
-They are discouraging use of the ground hammer and stone against anyone.
-Kirby's Aura sphere (with the Lucario hat) is fixed, meaning it's damage/knockback wont increase or decrease with Kirby's damage or stock.
-Kirby's Aura sphere will be equivalent to about ours when we're at 70-85% so expect to be sucked up early on in the game when our sphere can't match Kirby's.
-If you're sucked up by kirby, spam dair until you're released.

Link:
-Link's spacing is almost identical to ours so he'll be more prone to using projectiles to gain an edge.
-Link's uair and especially dair has ridiculous priority over Lucario.
-May try to combo us due to our floaty-ness
-They like hit and run strategies, punish, then roll or jump away for projectile use.

Lucas:
-Likes their Dair to gimp recovery.
-They will absorb spheres.
-PK fire can be used to counter Lucario's spacing and spheres.

Luigi:
-Like in melee, Luigi has ridiculously low friction, it can seriously gimp him but Luigi users are working on making it more useful, even if just for escapes.
-Watch out for jab > upB.
-This one is just my note. I'm certain that a good Luigi can gain more height and distance recovering then any other character (even pit).
-For those who don't know, luigi's downB, sideB and upB is a recovery. I personally loved my opponent thinking I was dead when I mained Luigi in melee just to come back. Believe me when I say the average user can gain good height with it, anyone who is good at mashing B can go from the floor to the top of the camera and probably more while still remembering Luigi's second jump, his upB and sideB for any horizontal movement.
-Watch for an A>A>upB from them. If it's anything like ours, the A>upB part can be shielded, spotdodged or attacked through.

Mario:
-Doesnt like the FLUDD. (downB)
-Nasty looking bair > uair > sh > bair > uair combo..
-His cape CAN hit Lucario, during flight or charging up, even Lucario's Extreme Speed (upB) will be turned around by it. If you know he's going to hit you on charge up, aim the wrong way.
-Very little info (not too many people maining him, or at least, not posting if they do)

Marth:
-Marth users seem to be very technical compared to other characters so far.
-They don't expect us to smash (and for good reason, our smashes are slow while marth is rather quick).
-They're weary of our large, lingering hitboxes; and with that said...
-Marth's fair (which they like to spam) is ranged longer then our fair; so are their tilts.
-They will want to DI back after a fair so that if we try to roll, we'll end up in front of them, not behind.
-Beware of their stupidly fast sideB (dancing blade) (which can eliminate all of their decay when used right). They'll want to punish or suprise attack with it.
-They see that we can combo very well when both at low %'s.
-They're on the lookout for edgegaurds and will activly try to edgegaurd us off the edge.
-Most characters will get defensive when we hit the 100% mark, Marth users seem to be a first in the sense that they'll counter by being more aggressive.

What a Marth user thinks of getting below Lucario...
Don't be under him at any time due to his legendary dair.

Metaknight:
-Likes his edgegaurding techniques.
-Is confident on ground as well as air for most fights. Meaning they'll meet us wherever the fight ends up.
-I watched a video of a rival crew, apparently the best of the crew (in brawl at least) mains metaknight. All he did was get close and try for the upB kill. So watch out for the upB.
-They dont like projectiles... Lucario has learnt Aura Sphere!
-They'll try to attack us vertically, to take advantage of Lucario's floaty-ness.
-They're very ready to punish any of our slow attacks.

Ness:
-Prefers ground attacks on Lucario
-Can absorb spheres
-There's a Psi Magnet Cancel (downB) where Ness users can jump, smash, shield immediately after absorbing something, watch for this is you let off a poorly timed sphere.
-Afraid of us (well anyone actually) gimping there upB recovery.
-They're worried about their lack of range against Lucario
-They aren't afraid to edgehog or dair our recovery.
-Wont unnecessarily try to counter a uair or utilt juggle, they'll DI away and try a new approach
-PK fire to counter spheres.
-Yoyo used to punish our rolls

Peach:
-Ok I had a bunch to write here but it seems they're actually almost fighting over how to play against Lucario. They have no clear strategy around fighting Lucario, half say one thing half say the other so be prepared for anything.

Pikachu:
-Quick Attack Cancel (QAC): Basically when they quick attack into the ground, they can do anything the second they hit the ground: jumps, aerials, ect... Watch out for this.
-Some of the better Pika's like to space by SH > jolt(neutralB) > fast fall > rinse > repeat
-Some of the not so good Pika's will just spam Dsmash and Thunder. Dsmash can be DI'ed out of (hold up and just keep hitting left/right) and thunder is easily double teamed, air dodged or b-sticked out of.
-Quick Attack Lock (QAL): Basically if you don't tech, and fall flat on the ground Pikachu can repeatedly lock you to the ground with constant Quick Attacks much like Falco's laser lock but not much harder to pull off consistantly.

Olimar:
-They focus on spacing and ground attacks
-One mentioned that most of our combos start with a 'jab > jab > something' which can be countered by staying out of range
-They focus on spacing
-They may counter force palm with aerials but is discouraged from aerial fights in general
-All around they seem to want to try to gimp our recovery.
-They're generally discouraged from latching pikmin on us due to them giving us damage without knockback and because we can just double team them for a free, strong attack. (though they are wise to this and can predict it)
-They will throw pikmin however to block aura spheres (purple ones if they order them properly).
-They focus on spacing
-They like their dair spikes.
-They like shieldgrabs to punish us for being too close when we get in their range.
-They focus on spacing

Pit:
-Pit is broken. I don't mean he's strong, overpowered or anything, I mean that he has a million techniques that weren't discovered during bug testing. His glide canceling into a waveland for example. Seems that Pit users are in the process of learning and trying to master these techniques.
-Watch for fsmash and bair, their main killing attacks.

Pokemon Trainer:
-They know their pokemon. Squirtle is used to rack up damage, not to kill, they'll probably use squirtle early on but not as a killing pokemon.
Ivysaur likes bulletseed traps and nair, it has longer range so with proper spacing, it doesn't help our air game
-Ivysaur doesn't have much in the way of killing moves

R.O.B.:
-They will want to edgegaurd us because of our damage-less recovery.
-They expect our recovery to be predictable.. I'm guessing we should add our floaty-ness and air
-They have good fast projectiles which can counter ours.
-Their aerials may be slower, but have extremely high priority, can kill at relatively low percents and are disjointed. (nair is a favorite)
...and Lucario's Dair is THE BEST combo breaker in the game..

Samus:
-Samus' dair is probably one of the fastest, widest arced spikes in the game, they'll take advantage of it
-Watch missile spam, it's a good way to cancel our AS charge
-Energy balls is a good quick killing move for Samus
-Watch for zair (grab, tether in the air, it's a quick attack mainly used to stop an approach or combo)
-They're more prone to using non-fire attacks.
-Samus' bombs are timed, they wont explode 'on touch', they can still bomb-jump but the timing is different. You can run or jump through them without worry unless they've been sitting out for a bit.

Shiek:
-Will edgehog us (can vanish-hog, jumping off and using their upB to to get another hit in)
-Watch for upsmash, it's a **** good killing move, don't get too close with those dairs! Watch for them dash canceling into it.
-Sheik can combo f-tilt into itself
-Being below Sheik is a great place to be. She has no attacks that attack straight down, needles have been nerfed since melee and her dair has horrible landing lag
n/b/fair has no landing lag
-When keeping close with Sheik in the air, watch for Sheik's nair.

Snake:
-Will be looking for us to be able to predict attacks, expect unpredictability
-Instead of spot-dodge, they may focus more on shield due to their fast jab or shieldgrab
-May try to cancel our AASomething combo by jabbing back. This can be avoided by either timing the AASomething perfectly or holding down A until the last jab, then timing that correctly.
-Their Nikita (rocket launcher) can cancel our aura sphere AND keep going
-Will edgehog defensively
-Expect grenades used for spacing
-Prefers a ground battle, knows very well to avoid our dair
-Expect an aggressive first 0-100% and a defensive 100%+
-Knows to knock us to 50% to take away our grab combos
It's almost like facing an Ike that's quicker but packs less of a punch (unless his aura thing is really high).

Sonic:
-Is worried about our range and spacing
-Probably wont be attacking from underneath or neutralB
-Will attempt the edgegaurd
-Will defiantly use his speed; dash > shield, punish missed smashes or double team
-Expect stuttersteps
-Will probably play more defensively due to their lack of killing attacks
-I guess this is different per person, but sonic players seem to like their theme of speed. Even if they play defensively expect a lot of quick attacks and shield pressure once they approach. Just space yourself accordingly and f-utilt to slow them down

Toon Link:
-They aren't too worried about our recovery
-They'll use their projectiles to out-range us and to cover up rushes.
-As predictbly as we use dair, they'll use dair
-Avoid laggy, punishable moves, ToonLink can cause serious damage (over 20%) with attacks.
-They worry once we hit 50% (they're rather floaty) expect defensive and more long range attacks at that point.
-Lucario may be floaty but he can be combo'd easily at lower percents, Toon Link can bair as fast as we fair so use range.
-Watch out for ToonLinks shield. Not L or R shield, the one he physically holds, it can block -Force Palm flames and Aura Spheres
-He may try to spike you, just airdodge it. Even if it means your death, otherwise you'll die anyway while he survives, at least this way he'll die too and you might survive.
-Catch projectiles when thrown, they don't expect it (at least the ones who play without items on)

Wario:
-Wario users like their air game, and will try to beat ours.
-They will use their speed to their advantage
-Watch out for the bike's super armor to get in close to Lucario and past Aura spheres
-He has Jigglypuf's maneuverability in the air
-They'll uair to kill but can be out ranged by our dair
-His fsmash also has super armor frames, but also bad ending lag
-They'll use their bike to recover, try to aim an Aura sphere or a good bair at them, not their bike.

Wolf:
-They may try killing our BAS or partly charged spheres with blaster shots (will go through ours at low-mid %'s)
-Watch out for the dair spike and bair
-Wolf's reflector has some invincibility frames, and very little ending lag, it can be used almost like a counter if he decided to attack out of it.

Yoshi:
-Yoshi users may try their infinite grab (grab > let you escape > grab again before you can do anything until you're off the edge > then fair spike) but Lucario is one of the characters that cant be chain grabbed this way, punish this
-Watch out for Yoshi dair'ing your recovery. It has a ton of hits, it's wide, and it can spike.

Zelda:
-Watch for Zelda's sideB's range and explosion radius (but can be very easily double teamed even when used nearby Zelda)
-Zelda's sideB may also be used to stop us from charging our aura spheres
-Dair is a fun lethal toy for them
-They'll use their faster attacks and priority to counter us on the ground trying to bypass our range.
-Their air game is strong against Lucario, to counter their air game, start your attack just before it should reach Zelda, the disjointed hitbox should hit before hers
-Know what Lucario's nair is? Good, you now know Zelda's. Anywhere you would use it, be prepared for Zelda to use it in return
-Zelda's uair will outrange our dair

Zero Suit Samus:
-They don't like staying under Lucario due to dair when they're in the air as well but if they're on the ground their whip punish our dair with it's superiour range
-They're the only ones so far that I've seen mention stage counterpicks (luigi's mansion)
-For all you guys out there, they may try to distract you with Zamus as eyecandy!
-Will space themselves further out then us due to the whip and stungun
-Be careful of the stungun, if they like to fully charge, it gives you just enough time to double team

Milln

Smash Champion
Good work. Keep up the spy network and keep us informed. <3 Noddy. Do they say anything about Aura Sphere or ExtremeSpeed?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Hey, what a good idea.

It's strange, but I haven't seen much talk of Lucario's chain grab. Either it is not well known, or people just don't fear it. I think that this is something that should be taken advantage of.

Finally the only other point I noted was that apparently, Lucario players tend to roll behind their opponent. Come to think of it, I think I do this a bit too much... Other characters seem to be on the alert for Lucario players rolling behind them.
Hmmm. This is interesting. It never really registered, but I am frequently punished for roll-spamming.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
There was a small mention on extreme speed's lack of a hitbox. When it comes to off the edge, they were more worried about being edgegaurded by lucario then edgegaurding us.

Actually I didn't see too much on aura sphere, but to be fair, most characters were lacking in matchup threads or they were unfinished and didn't have any tips for fighting lucario. Though apparently Ness users aren't too fond of fighting Lucario's

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Hey, what a good idea.

It's strange, but I haven't seen much talk of Lucario's chain grab. Either it is not well known, or people just don't fear it. I think that this is something that should be taken advantage of.
Sadly, good timing can bring lucario's palm grab combo way down in effectiveness, and even make it smash-punishable. =(

Knowing how other characters plan to overcome Lucario's unique aspects is pretty helpful, though. I've been reading through other character forums for that purpose, but never thought to make a cool helpful post about it :D

Milln

Smash Champion
Diddy Hump is his SideB. Keep up the good work, Noddy. Nodrak for captain of the Espionage Team.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
nice info

but roll a lot? really? i dont think i noticed doing it a lot, i like to keep my range and let them roll to me then uptilt em a couple hundred times ;)

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Woops, yeah upB is his barrels... The guy on the diddy forums wrote it out like that, it seemed a bit off.
I'll probably post another set up tommorow, it just sucks that I don't quite have a wii to play on right now to validate these points or even to see what other characters do to get a broader sense of tactics.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
Whoa amazing job Nodrak. If I had a little time i'd help...
What do sonic users say about us? curious, curious...
I read in the match up discussion topic Sonic users don't like fighting Lucario. The person basically described it as "Imagine Zelda's ground game as you are using Sonic, now put it in the air, now you're fighting Lucario."

Sonic users don't want us in the air basically.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ok here's a long one. I'm bored since my Wii is out of commission for a while so I went more in depth with characters but first: Lucario isnt the first posted on many unfinished matchup threads and some exclude him entierly. Most other characters don't seem to think of him as a big threat, we godda change this.

Bowser:
Uses flamebreath to stop a running approach
Not much info on playstyles at a quick glance.

Cptn. Falcon:
They're obsessed with the knee.
They like uair (fast) and dair (evil spike)
Again not much info at a quick glance.

Diddy:
Banana's banana's banana's... I swear, every second post was on banana's.
One of them suggests to use diddy's upB (face hug) to rack up damage on Lucario before trying other attacks.

DK:
Aura spheres are countered by ftilt.
They only have a few quick attacks, so they'll abuse bair if you try to make it an aerial battle.

Falco:
They like their laserlock.
They like to shine you.
Very little info but watch for sideB recovery spike.

Fox:
Wants to stay ground based to use their superior speed over lucario.
They're on the look out for ftilt > utilt which we use to get them in the air, they'll try to keep you grounded with their dair and use nair for damage.
They fear the 100% mark on lucario, they know they'll die easily when we're 100%+. So be prepared for an aggressive fox before 100% and a defensive one after 100%

Game and Watch:
They don't like dthrow > dsmash against us since it can easily be dodged by lucario.
WATCH OUT FOR THE BUCKET! It can absorb things that don't even hit the bucket (i.e. the aura sphere flies above or behind G&W, he'll still absorb it)
44% with uncharged aura spheres
60%+ and insta-kill with any fully charged ones.

Ganondorf:
They want to play defensively meaning, wait for the attack to counter us.
They rely on punishing smash start-up and cool-down lag from our smashes.
They like their dair. (I'm thinking some are still stuck in melee where you could chain dair to itself)
Off the edge, be careful of his sideb! They don't seem to have a problem dieing if they take you with them, and remember, it's a grab, not doubleteam-able

From a topic titled: Comps have ways of rendering some of Ganon's moves null. Players might learn these.

Ice Climbers:
According to one of them, our roll poses a threat.
They like their chaingrabs, so space accordingly.
They like to desync, a common tactic of them so that they have one attack finishing while another attack is just starting.

Ike:
Will fight for his friends.
Is also afraid of Lucario at 100% or over, so they'll try to kill you before you reach that point. Again watch for the aggressive 0-100% and defensive 100%+.
They basically focus on spacing, and trying to get within Lucario's range.

Jigglypuf:
Is more afraid at 50% or above.
Will try uair, dair, sideb's all in the air to show their aerial abilities. Some of lucario's best game is in the air though so lets show them who rules the skies =P
They like their rollout as a killer if you aren't near an edge but personally I've seen it used to recover more so then as a ground based attack.
They seem to want to focus on gimping recovery since jigglypuf seems to be build for that.

More to come later at some point.

Edit: On second thought, I should have posted this on the first post.. I'll leave it here for now.
Nodrak = win. Great job man. Thanks.

A few comments:
-lol: Ike: will tight for his friends. Oh god..this is never gonna get old.
-Bowser's fire breath used to stop a Lucario's approach is easy to double team.
-yeah I hate playing G&W b/c i love using aura spheres and forget about his down b sometimes...

Nodrak, do they ever talk about double team, the force palm combo, or anything?
Great detective work.
Oh and my friend mains Olimar I play him a lot. I could add an Olimar main's reactions to Lucario if you want me to. Want me to?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Go ahead, it's what the topic is for =P
For the first batch at least, none seem to get specific about chaingrabs or double team (although someone on the ike boards says DT pisses him off, but never gave strategies around it).

I'll start updating this stuff on the first post and do some more characters soon

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Pikmin and Olimar

-Love throwing pikmin with side b to block every single **** aura sphere.
-Love their aerials (but so do we...), especially the dair spike.
-Don't like it when we have a pikmin latched on and we double team (works every time), but they can anticipate it.
-Like to keep their distance from us most of the time.
-Like their grab (b/c it has lots of range), and sheild grab us too.

more later in an edit if i think of anything else.

edit: added fourth and fifth points.
also edit: anyone agree or disagree with me?

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm i wonder, if you are chasing a diddy off the screen, facing him and he uses the diddy hump which is anticipated, and double-teamed, will this causes diddy to lose his recovery, stop very short since the animation cancels when he hits an enemy, and lucario would re-appear shooting in the direction of the stage? got a long day at uni so i cant really test it now :(

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Lucario's double team works like this. You face left as you DT, you will re-appear further left, but will be facing and moving right.
Also I believe diddy will still have a chance to use his 2nd jump and upB same as Luigi.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
From this information it seems that the Marth boards are the most analytical in terms of matchups. Though I suppose it's not much of a suprize since we've got Emblem Lord.

Good detective work though. I think I might do some snooping myself on other board's opinions of Marth.

Steamroll3929

Smash Cadet
I also did some snooping except it was on gamefaqs the character faqs there always have matchup sections so i decided to look into them. Some gamefqs users are also frequent posters here (they ain't scrubs!).
Captain Falcon.
They fear Lucario's range but they know how slow his smashes can be. They want to punish our slow smashes with a raptor boost crescent kick and knee of justice combo.

Jigglypuff.
Jiggs actually respects our arials because of good priority and hitboxes. Players using her are somewhat hesitant to edgeguard.

D3.
They think the match can end up pretty tricky because of force palm and double team plus Lucario's good recovery. However they think that the match will balance in their favor because Lucario fights in DeDeDe's power range(medium distance).

Link
Focuses on punish and run strategies. He sees our floatiness as an oportunity to combo.

Metaknight.
He thinks hes got this match in the bag because hes fast and were slow. He's ready to punish our laggy smashes and edgeuard us to the point of no return. If we wall cling they shuttle loopright under the stage for a ledgespike.

Olimar.
FEARS US. They go so far as to say that Lucario is the bane of Olimar. Hesitant to use pikman because they give us the damage we need to become heavy hitters. Interesting enough they think they can gimp us. Fat chance.

I would post more but as of right now i'm to lazy. Just trying to contribute though.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
^^I think he quoted the wrong thing ha.

Yeah I bet Tallen likes that comment about Ike users hating DT. Its probly so true though.

O and thanks Mystic for accepting my Olimar points and Nodrak for confirming he will use mine =p. Steamroll I already did Olimar. You agree with my points? ...or not? Thanks.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Don't do it Sonic Wave.

You will be disgusted.

Also, lol@ other boards underestimating characters they clearly know nothing about.

Browny

Smash Hater
MK players really dont understand that an Aura sphere will KO them if lucario and MK are both at around 90% lol. lucario will be living to around 120% each stock so they better have some superhuman speed to dodge aura spheres for as long as lucario wants to play keep away and charging them up.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
^^^HAHAHA yes obviously.

Come to think of it though G&W does have several advantages over Lucario.

Milln

Smash Champion
Note: PT boards also have Zard as Neutral vs Luke
Which, in my experience, I find to be incorrect. My Lucario devours Charizards. As in like.. completely shuts them down. =x Maybe I've been fighting silly Charizards.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
what exactly do the pt boards refer to when they say charizard is neutral against lucario? I would actually think Lucario has an advantage...but thats just me.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
My post:
Could someone explain to me how Ivysaur beats Lucario and why he and Zard are tied?
Response:
This is the explanation from Fearmy

Jeez This Joke is getting annoying to understand :)

ok i have got Lucario Down and i'm plannign to do the space animals next

Squirt- Not Very Effective. Jeez since Lucario has that gay guts skill, he can easily own squirtle. Squirtle is mainly about racking up damage, and lucario can use that damage against him. i mean aerial frenzy, and lucario gets a lucky Down Smash kills him

Ivy- YES, SO SUPER EFFECTIVE!!! since she can kill at low %'s Lucario has a tough time. I nearly 3 stocked a lvl 9 comp and a lucario player (i did on the player) She pretty much does the Neutral Air, If last hit doesn't hit, Bullet seed and then D throw and F air.

Zard- Neutral. This guy just well can either killing lucario or getting killed. It's just that lucario's guts gets cancled by Zard's weight, but zard does a lot of damage, so lucario can easily get to like 150, and then again Zard can kill this guy around 100%. Lucario is well a nice floaty character who can adapt to air if he needs to. just a bit confusing :confused:
.... this is just what he thought and nobody disagreed... If you do.. please give your reasons and what you think it should be.

As for the Ivy and Charizard being tied.... what do you mean be tied?
Counter-Response:
"he" was referring to Lucario >_>

I don't really see how Lucario has a tough time vs Ivy, considering she can't really kill and her few moves that do kill telegraph themselves.

Lucario can also camp better, recover better and edgeguard better.

Milln

Smash Champion
Kenji beat me to it. =\ I was gonna start in on 'em in an effort to waste time before doing the new Inner Fire. XD

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Kenji I agree with your counter response. What did you mean by 'telegraph themselves'?

And Kenji what are your thoughts/opinions on Lucario vs Zard?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
By 'telegraphing', I meant the moves are
1. slow
and
2. give off some sort of warning before the actual attack

This applies for Fsmash, Usmash, and Dair...but Uair is kinda fast so it doesn't fall in that category (even though it's somewhat easy to tell when an Ivysaur will Uair you.)

As for Zard vs Luke, I'm not quite sure about that one.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
By 'telegraphing', I meant the moves are
1. slow
and
2. give off some sort of warning before the actual attack

This applies for Fsmash, Usmash, and Dair...but Uair is kinda fast so it doesn't fall in that category (even though it's somewhat easy to tell when an Ivysaur will Uair you.)

As for Zard vs Luke, I'm not quite sure about that one.
Signs of Forward Smashing Ivysaurs = Stutter stepping, staying in place, dashing and halting, or done after Ivysaur's (kind of bad) roll, after Razor Leaf in close quarters at low percents..

Upsmash Signs = You are above Ivysaur, Ivysaur dashes at you (may be a dash attack instead, but you can probably deal with both attacks the same way), or as an attempt to predict how you get up from the ledge.

Downair Signs = Ivysaur is above you, and not far enough to gain noticable back air range.

Top Bottom