• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jiggs a snake counter???

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Snake is one of Jigglypuff's worst matchups actually. Seeing as Snake's attacks are ridiculously strong, they can wipe out Jigglypuff quite easily. Even in the air it has to beware of the u-tilt.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think Snake has the advantage because Jiggly has to force Snake into the air, which is tricky because of his weight, his projectiles, and the fact that his tilts have insane range, knockback, and priority. Also, Snake's cypher can stop him from flinching.
Wait for a good Snake and a good Jigglypuff to face each other. Then we can have a credible discussion.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Its almost impossible to edge gaurd snake with Jigglypuff. Because of his non flinching b up you can't chain with b airs. Also onces he vunrable he can use it again after being attack and Jigglypuff dosn't have any arieals that can kill with one hit. Eventually snake will go above the screen and he can do all his attacks except his up be if he hasn't been it so its not like your going to get a free hit. At the molment Jigglypuff can only do three things, u air, rest, or retreat. Snake has grenades, d air, n air, b down, and air dodge.

MaNg0

Smash Hero

lolol

no one counters snake silly

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
U-tilt >>> Jigglypuff.

Not to mention C4 hurts a lot too.

Honestly if anyone, I'd say Pikachu is likely the Snake counter. Pikachu's ledgeguarding happens to wreck Snake's recovery in exactly the wrong way for Snake. Snake can't autograb the ledge, so he's pretty much a sitting duck for Thunder. Also Pikachu's projectile spam makes it a lot harder for Snake to use his own spam. Basically Pikachu nullifies two of his biggest advantages. His recovery (which isn't exactly that good, but keeps him alive since he's really heavy), and his spam game.

Of course G&W does well since he can outspace Snake with gay aerials. Not to mention U-air wind stall = hell for Snake who's air game is quite punishable. ^^

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
U-tilt >>> Jigglypuff.

Honestly if anyone, I'd say Pikachu is likely the Snake counter. Pikachu's ledgeguarding happens to wreck Snake's recovery in exactly the wrong way for Snake. Snake can't autograb the ledge, so he's pretty much a sitting duck for Thunder. Also Pikachu's projectile spam makes it a lot harder for Snake to use his own spam. Basically Pikachu nullifies two of his biggest advantages. His recovery (which isn't exactly that good, but keeps him alive since he's really heavy), and his spam game.

Of course G&W does well since he can outspace Snake with gay aerials. Not to mention U-air wind stall = hell for Snake who's air game is quite punishable. ^^
Yup, this be where the hurt sauce is at.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i despise snake, way over powered forward smash plus his Up smash ***** many aerial characters

I think snakes up smash would be particularly rough on jiggly because he is so floaty even when fast falling

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
i despise snake, way over powered forward smash plus his Up smash ***** many aerial characters

I think snakes up smash would be particularly rough on jiggly because he is so floaty even when fast falling
The Fsmash, serious? It's so slow! I get punished for even attempting it! I'll stick with the tilts and mortar sliding XD

acojan

Smash Apprentice
i have found that mario counters snake pretty well.... either that or all that snakes i play just suck..

cape can reverse his missiles and grenades and fludd can push snake into his bombs (frickin awesome when it happeneds)

nobody can efficiently gimp snake's recovery really.... unless you spike which is nearly impossible because of how fast he goes up vertically....

death to snake !

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
The Fsmash, serious? It's so slow! I get punished for even attempting it! I'll stick with the tilts and mortar sliding XD
haha yes its slow but it also can kill at 40 % which makes it more powerful then jiggs rest so in some odd case that you do end up getting caught in it, like a poorly spaced roll you get *****

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
i have found that mario counters snake pretty well.... either that or all that snakes i play just suck..

cape can reverse his missiles and grenades and fludd can push snake into his bombs (frickin awesome when it happeneds)

nobody can efficiently gimp snake's recovery really.... unless you spike which is nearly impossible because of how fast he goes up vertically....

death to snake !
Do you think Mario can cape Snake durring his up-B?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
U-tilt >>> Jigglypuff.

Last time i check F-tilt doesn't get outranged by many airiels... and pikachu has a good matchup vs him b/c of CG and good edge game.

It seems every mother ****ing forums has a MY CHARACTER IS A SNAKE COUNTER. There are no true snake counters only soft counters.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Last time i check F-tilt doesn't get outranged by many airiels... and pikachu has a good matchup vs him b/c of CG and good edge game.

It seems every mother ****ing forums has a MY CHARACTER IS A SNAKE COUNTER. There are no true snake counters only soft counters.
everyone wishes there is a snake counter. But hes unstoppable. FACE IT. I hate hearing mk is a counter to him the most. ugghhh. If snake holds a grenade in the air that usually blows up you and whoever is trying to juggle you so have fun trying to wop or juggle snake >_>.

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
everyone wishes there is a snake counter. But hes unstoppable. FACE IT. I hate hearing mk is a counter to him the most. ugghhh. If snake holds a grenade in the air that usually blows up you and whoever is trying to juggle you so have fun trying to wop or juggle snake >_>.
Wouldn't Toon Link be a counter? :confused:

Top Bottom