• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

KageMurphy

Smash Master
MD/VA TOURNEY DISCUSSION THREAD

Post here to discuss major brawl tourneys in our area(MD/VA).

All tournaments are Saturday unless mentioned otherwise.

Events, in order of whats first:
Stuff happening in a region near you~!

Xanadu: X Games August 27th, 2011 MD/VA's Resurrection! - August 27th, 2011 - Baltimore, MD, USA

Woodbridge Presents: Masochistic K9 is Masochistic - September 17th, 2011 - Woodbridge, VA, USA

NOVA Pro Gaming Presents: Mike Tyson's Ballroom - September 24th, 2011 - Front Royal, VA.

Featured events:
While not directly happening in MD/VA, if a large enough group of our players are showing interest in attending it and or running the event, it will be listed here:

Apex 2012 - World Wide Smash Tournament - January 6-8th, 2012 - New Brunswick, NJ

Hope to see everyone there!

chillindude829

Smash Master
yeah it was

teams
1. Azen + Chillin
2. M2K + Velocity
3. Light + Forte

singles
1. M2K
2. Forte
3. Chillin
4. Azen
5. Velocity
5. Boss i think

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i hear vidjo and M2K are coming to travis' ish. i wonder how placings will turn out with arguably the most competitive brawl tourney to date?

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
5 Chillindude829 (ZSS/PT)/ Knacker (Rob)

meh for that tourny he misspelled my name so if you could just change it to Nacker it would be cool also nice thread going on here nice to see whos on top of the tourny scene

Lobos

Smash Master
Most of the tourneys have had a 60+ man turnout if im not mistaken? Not bad for the first few months despite what people think about brawl.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
we just need a .gif of Azen saying "no jones" and spam it all across smashboards, anywhere we can find. whos gonna argue with azen?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
chill out slik....if u don't like brawl don't play same with melee...i like both..as long as i can combo..IMO.
i am chill. i gotta see boss combo. too good

dont listen to slik, hes one of many that realized they suck at brawl and stick to melee
not really. i don't own a wii or gamecube so i don't really play either game, but i'll definitely mm you next time i see you to show you how much i suck. also didnt my boy take you out in tourney? it was his first brawl tourney btw

g-regulate

Smash Hero
ok, if you dont play either game, that probably just means you are out of practice, which in turns means you suck. but dont worry, at least it isnt your fault. and yes, your boy did take me out of tourney, i dont know what that has to do with you sucking, but i did place higher than him so.... ggs

Lobos

Smash Master
all that means is people are playing it because its new. More new players think they have a shot at making money. The good players are there to make money/hang out with friends
I disagree since new players are up and coming, and players that didn't place well in melee(like myself) are placing better in brawl also. I hope by next year a 100+ man brawl tourney takes place. Lol melee can be a side thing and placed next to n64 smash in the back room.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
You still haven't fixed the date for UMCP. =p

Til then I hope it confuses the hell out of everybody who looks at it knowing that O_o its not even May26, 2008 yet. o_O

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I posted this question in the c3 thread so I figured I should put it here too: is anyone willing to provide some housing for c3 or is it not needed because it's a lock in or what?
Thanks.

Top Bottom