• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
Easy prey for Meta Knight in most cases. He's Super slow and his moves have alot of lag.
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
All of them, MK is super light and Ike hits like a truck.
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
Shielding/Rolling
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
Any aerial moves and good offstage chases.
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike
Offstage chases to gimp Ike's recovery,

Over all, Ike is REALLY slow and MetaKnight is REALLY fast. Ike has alot of opportunities to get owned by a decent meta knight. As MK just keep attacking and pushed them off the stage. Follow them off and make sure they dont' get back.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
... you posted this in every character forum. LMAO!

1. Ike is a character noobs have come to fear. (Echo...)
2. Most of Ike's moves when Meta Knight gets above 50% damage.
3. Ike's jab. It's the least powerful.
4. Ftilts, and forward aerials.
5. ALL aerials are used to edgeguard Ike, including upair.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm actually not being sarcastic here like I have been in other threads for Metaknight's discussion. The #1 best strategy against Ike is "Don't Get Hit."

Stay out of range of his attacks, hit him with long range or high priority attacks when a window opens, then get him off the edge and gimp him with your downair. Specifically the back part of the swing on the downair since it will knock Ike further out which makes it nearly impossible for him to get back from.

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
get him offstage! i do anything i can to get him off then take him out in the air, MK can give alot of damage this way, be careful of his aerials, u have enough time to see him move work out which one and aerial dodge, make use of ure 5 jumps this way, exploiting this advantage over him.... runn up to him and sidestep dodge, this should cause him to whiff attacks to take advatnage of. err, oh and dont gbget hit!
but the real fails safe... dont fight him
lol

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You're not going to make friends with moderators by bumping six-month-old threads with pointless, short-sighted information. SEVERAL TIMES.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom