• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
He's a slow powerful character that you have to be cautious around when fighting.

2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
His jab, N-air, and B-air, and possibly the F-tilt. They're his only fast attacks, and they're powerful to boot.

3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
Nothing else really, as long as you watch him, you can always punish him for attacking. Arrows are the ultimate counter move.

4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
If I see him jumping at me with a F-air, or using some other slow technique, I just have stand out of range, and then dash attack him when he finishes.

Eruption edgeguard is useless against Pit. All we have to do is let go of the edge and fire an arrow.

Edge cancel Aethers can't be spammed. Pit can simply jump off and B-air Ike.

Dashing shield works well for approach against Ike's slow moves.

5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

If he tries to get back by using Aether, I'll try getting behind him to use B-air. If charges the quick draw, then I can intercept him with the mirror shield to gimp him.

I'm usually wary of trying to simply jump off and aerial Ike, because he can aethercide.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
1. Slow character easy to escape and play a defensive arrow spamming game against, if he gets close watch out cause his moves are hella strong

2. aaa combo, if it catches you bad things happen, up smash covers everthing around him can be kind of annoying when trying to come around for a b-air

3. his counter is sooooo slow so easy to punish really, the rest of his moves are terribly threatening

4. same as what rhy said

5. im pretty sure aether can be mirror shield and gimps are always hilarious haha... oh also its fun to disrupt ike trying to get back to the stage using arrows, also same thing as what rhy said for quick draw.

Top Bottom