• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
easy to use, huge hit boxes, KOs easily, scary if played well
up smash, I always seem to get chased with this attack and it's really hard to avoid
over B, just trow a pikmin on him no more over B :o
always keep a pikmin on him, and I try to keep him in the air
I try to knock him off the edge horizontally to gimp his over B with a pikmin

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
You're really having that much trouble with Ike that you have to post this in every single character thread? Just get good with your character.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Nah, it's like my "Build a counter strategy" thread, only I wait for someone to make a topic about Olimar in another board. It's a good idea, really. Because not everyone wants to read every thread of every other board when it doesn't pertain to any characters that they play.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character? Slow, strong attacks
2. What moves do you fear from Ike? F-smash
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all? All moves apart from F-smash
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage? SAF, usually go for the grab approach of a shorthopped fair.
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike? edgegrab to bair usually sometimes i go for a dair.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. cool character, he's slow, and strong. not very good at combos, easy to dodge.
2. jabs...+ nair
3.everything else
4.that's a secret.
5. //

i understand your reason for posting, but I feel that it's like i'm helping out an easy foe. it's useless :)

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
1. Ike is generally a strong all-round character, with good range and nasty attacks. He is heavy and has some fanciful moves.

2. Fear is not the word that describes what I think of Ike's moves; I am cautious of his Smashes, as they do heavy damage.

3. Apart from Ike's Smashes, his other moves don't trouble me.

4. Watch out for FALCON PIKMIN. They are the most damaging Pikmin, because instead of latching on, they do a FALCON PUNCH, dealing 30 % damage.

5. I let my FALCON PIKMIN cover me when I am edguarding: A feeling of sercurity envelops me.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a strong, but a slow character, obviously, and that is what us Olimar characters take advantage of. He is slow, and our attacks are much faster than his. His strength is bothersome, for when I use Pikmin throw, he kills the Pikmin almost instantly. I would normally rely on camping and throw some Pikmin at him. When he begins to kill them, I quickly take advantage of his slow attacks and try to either put more Pikmin on him or attack.

Ike's smash attacks are somewhat scary. But since they are slow, I time it right and use my Whistle Armor, and then inflict some damage on him. I think his aerials are his greatest strength since they dont have a lot of lag afterwards and it keeps him "on his feet."

All of Olimar's moves are essential in his Oli game. Most of his moves set up into combos.
It is easy to edgeguard Ike, in my opinion. I usually just use forward air.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
Ike is a lame character just like Marth, Ike is slow and easily distracted with pikmin, all you have to do with ike is dodge is upsmash, that is basically all you have as Ike.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
1. Pikmin Food
2. umm... none?
3. All of them?
4. Everything and nothing, advantage without doing anything. +1
5. What edge guards? I throw or Smash the punk to death!

(+666 evil to my Olimar!)

Seriously if you want info from everywhere ask and do some of your own **** research instead of trying to poll up people from the boards, I for one was happy to comply with this stupid census. :p

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
- Ike is good and great in the right hands. Too bad (or lucky me? :p) that most people don't really know how to handle his slowness and spam a lot of attacks.
- Eh... none, actually. Except for a shorthopped fAir or dAir. And his spike can be nasty as well because of the range.
- His sideB is funny. If you throw a Pikmin on him, he won't move when he performs the slash. In emergency you can always throw one when he's coming at you, it will stop him as well.
- Let my Pikmin do the job. He does some massive damage and can KO you very easily. Olimar is light, so one good hit can send you off the screen. Distance is the key to succes.
- None, really. I try to Pikmin-ise him so he can't use his side B and try to fSMash him when he uses his recovery (up B)

~ Jarri

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
1. Pikmin Food
2. umm... none?
3. All of them?
4. Everything and nothing, advantage without doing anything. +1
5. What edge guards? I throw or Smash the punk to death!

(+666 evil to my Olimar!)

Seriously if you want info from everywhere ask and do some of your own **** research instead of trying to poll up people from the boards, I for one was happy to comply with this stupid census. :p

you dont sound very happy and isnt he doing his own research by asking?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
It is a better idea to ask us. We know what our characters are capable of, they generally do not. Want proof of that? Just read my thread. (build a counter strategy) Generally most people in other boards clearly have no clue what they're talking about when giving advice unless they play both characters.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Is this a thread to tell which people on these boards are noobs? I mean really, if people fear any of Ikes moves besides is Ftilt and bair, you really need to work on your shielding, spot dodge and rolling. A good Ike vs. a good mostly any character in the game will lose because of his predictability, atrocious recovery and slow moving attacks.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of predictability, I love Ike's upB. As soon as he tosses the sword I can usually get in position and start charging up a Fsmash. Admittedly though, I haven't played against the best Ikes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
why do so many people like ike??? he's the most popular character in brawl.(at least on smashboards anyways)

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
i get really depressed whenever i lose to an ike, as olimar you shouldent. Sometimes they get a lucky hit on me though and olimar is pretty easy for ike to KO. The biggest problem i have with ike is his edgeguarding. My guide to beating ike is as follows:

Stand in the middle of the stage, fsmash if he comes at you from the ground. if he comes from the air shield and grab or UP+B. The End. If you want to mix it up alittle you can shield when he comes at you on the ground too. oh yea.... if he starts to charge is side b, throw pikmin. ITs very hard to ike to approach olimar.... as olimar you need to stay near the middle and dont let him get a hit in! be very carefull!

Top Bottom