• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Edgeguards:

if he flies off really far: jump out to forward air him. If he forward b's at me he's dead. if he doesn't he eats a forward air.

if he doesn't go very far but recovers from low: toad his up UP B.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
I've challenged quite a few Ikes from these boards and have yet to lose one using Peach. Let me try to answer your questions concisely.

1. Ike is a good character. Very user friendly and great in many aspects. His ridiculous damage and strenght make up for his slow attacks. A tough match for nearly every character.

2. I hope I'm not too vague on this one, but Peach needs to watch out for nearly ALL of Ike's attacks. Specially his downsmash and other two-sided hit attacks.

3. Again, most if not all of Ike's attacks need to be watched out for.

4. For Peach to have a good advantage over Ike, she needs to focus on a game of defense and punishment. Also, Ike lacks projectiles, and that puts him in immediate disadvantage. Peach's turnips build up moderate damage and achieve superb spacing to evade Ike's powerful smashes. As for the punishment part, Peach must let Ike attack, and Peach will then evade and punish during Ike's slow attack animations. Also, Peach must be constantly below a shield and, particularly, be always ready to grab Ike as another form of punishment. Ike may immediately grab Peach during her shield, but Peach has nothing to worry about because Ike's throws are just so bad. Also, if you constantly roll with Ike, Peach will catch up and punish with a side B (heart explosion). Peach herself has to avoid rolls while playing Ike. So, having all this in mind, Peach pretty much builds up damage and saves her powerful aerials for last to float in the ground and throw Ike off-stage.

5. Peach has some decent edge guards against Ike. When Ike decides to up-b, Peach uses Toad at the edge (needs to be times right) and sends Ike flying off-screen. Also, Peach may shield-grab Ike at the edge (Keep in mind that it is best for Peach to not edge-hog against Ike). Conversely, when Ike edge guards or edge hogs, Peach's best option is to do a side-b to throw Ike away from the edge or take out one stock from Ike if he is edge hogging.

Hope you find it useful. You can quote this if so. Hope you guys at the Ike board can put up a better match against Peach (I'll be waiting).
Oh, and another thing to keep in mind is that Peach can be very unpredictable, and that is another advantage she has over Ike.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I've challenged quite a few Ikes from these boards and have yet to lose one using Peach. Let me try to answer your questions concisely.

1. Ike is a good character. Very user friendly and great in many aspects. His ridiculous damage and strenght make up for his slow attacks. A tough match for nearly every character.

2. I hope I'm not too vague on this one, but Peach needs to watch out for nearly ALL of Ike's attacks. Specially his downsmash and other two-sided hit attacks.

3. Again, most if not all of Ike's attacks need to be watched out for.

4. For Peach to have a good advantage over Ike, she needs to focus on a game of defense and punishment. Also, Ike lacks projectiles, and that puts him in immediate disadvantage. Peach's turnips build up moderate damage and achieve superb spacing to evade Ike's powerful smashes. As for the punishment part, Peach must let Ike attack, and Peach will then evade and punish during Ike's slow attack animations. Also, Peach must be constantly below a shield and, particularly, be always ready to grab Ike as another form of punishment. Ike may immediately grab Peach during her shield, but Peach has nothing to worry about because Ike's throws are just so bad. Also, if you constantly roll with Ike, Peach will catch up and punish with a side B (heart explosion). Peach herself has to avoid rolls while playing Ike. So, having all this in mind, Peach pretty much builds up damage and saves her powerful aerials for last to float in the ground and throw Ike off-stage.

5. Peach has some decent edge guards against Ike. When Ike decides to up-b, Peach uses Toad at the edge (needs to be times right) and sends Ike flying off-screen. Also, Peach may shield-grab Ike at the edge (Keep in mind that it is best for Peach to not edge-hog against Ike). Conversely, when Ike edge guards or edge hogs, Peach's best option is to do a side-b to throw Ike away from the edge or take out one stock from Ike if he is edge hogging.

Hope you find it useful. You can quote this if so. Hope you guys at the Ike board can put up a better match against Peach (I'll be waiting).
Oh, and another thing to keep in mind is that Peach can be very unpredictable, and that is another advantage she has over Ike.
awesome i like it good job

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm gonna make it quick because I'm leaving in a few :p

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
Somewhat slow and predictable, but if he hits you...bye bye Peach.

2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
Fsmash

3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
Neutral B, UpB, Side-B...all his B moves.

4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
Turnips. You can cancel most of his attacks with turnips, and since his moves are predictable you have the advantage (Side B, for example). Other than that, I just shield everytime I'm close to him, then I punish with smash attacks or ground aerials.

5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?
If I try to edgeguard Ike, he usually gets me with UpB, so I don't really know. I just try to avoid edgeguarding him. Oh, turnips work sometimes, but only if he's a crappy Ike.

Top Bottom