• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
His range can give Kirby trouble but he's slow enough that it breaks even.
Be careful of his u-tilt, it stays out forever and can kill the final cutter.
Ike is easily edgeguarded, because like azuriken said, his quick draw can be inhaled and he falls fast enough for up-B not to be as useful.
Smash moves don't trouble Kirby because his spot-dodge is quick and he can avoid them easily.
Airdodging is important to gain the advantage, Ike and other disjoints are all about spacing and, therefore, they will consistently try to outrange Kirby. Dodging his laggy attacks and following up with punishment is the best strategy.

Ills

Smash Apprentice
Ike is faster than people give him credit for, not Ganon slow but actually around average. It's his attacks that are why people think he's a turtle.

His up B is just too much like Final Cutter to not abuse. It's so gimpable especially with Kirby's multiple jumps it's easier to just airdodge around and bair him from behind.

I think it's best for kirby to just take it to the air (specially because of sideB spammers) because I think he just outclasses Ike in the air.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
How do I fight Ike? with my friends!
sorry I couldnt resist.

He is hella strong, and have good range, I dont really know much about Ike anyways.

his A combo, and Fair the Fair its really good for spacing and have to much range.

his Uair, they never hit me with it.

depends of the char.

GANOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE.

Edit: I just noticed something, all of the person who replied (dont know if ii is spelled correct) to this topic main Kirby...

Edit 2: oh right ts the Kirby boards, I though this was the Ike boards.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
1. dumb and ugly
2. charge
3. none of them
4. grab combos, dodgerolling, the sucking ike charge trick, and kirbycide if im desperate
5. final cutter

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

1. He's strong and heavy.
2. All of them.
3. All of them.
4. Perfect Shield.
5. Edge-hog/B-air.

Top Bottom