• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hello, this is a thread designed to collect up-to-date info on Match-ups for the Ike boards, which is always in desperate need of good info.

I come to you today with a simple set of questions, attempting to get the "other side" of ideas pertaining to the Matchups against Ike. Its just a few simple questions I'm hoping to get answered;

1. What is your general opinion of Ike as a character?
2. What moves do you fear from Ike?
3. Which moves do not trouble you at all?
4. Which moves/techniques do you use against Ike to gain the advantage?
5. What specific edgeguards do you employ versus Ike?

Feel free to add anything else that doesn't fit into the questions criteria. The goal is to collect information, so anything s useful.

On a side note, I may feel the need to quote this info. If you don't wished to be quoted, please tell me in your posts, and I will not quote you.

Thanks in advance. ^^

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Ike is one of fox's easiest opponent. Fox should be able to fastfall + nair his *** out and just own ike. Shine spiking is very easy on him too, because his recovery is so limited. Fox is just too fast for ike.

bananaman

Smash Rookie
you probably shouldn't go posting about ike in every **** forum but i'd say fox is good at him cuz he can can just shoot him a lot since ike's slow.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
You start off by shooting him but if you get him close to the edge with little damage you just shine him off the edge and then shine spike him there is little reaction time for ike to get out of the shine spike.Just one shine spike if a shure kill due to him not having any diagonal triple jumps or recoveries. (this is just my opinion do as you wish with it.)

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Bah, was gonna be subborn over this. But meh... Forgive me for not thinking this through... 3 am and i just got home from work.

~Like wolf, PT, and Snake(and a few others)... huge bandwagon of friggen newbs. BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS, and when u do fight good Ike player it can get very interesting. Easy to learn hard to master and play in tourneys. Overall like most characters Deadly in the right hands.

~AAA, F-Tilt, U-smash.

~ Neutral- B, counter, F-air, D-Air, D-smash and F-smash

~Err, Most of Fox's moves have a use vs Ike IMO, Generally fox has the advantage in the air and the ground but Ike can generally kill fox very early on due to fox being pretty light.

You'll see me SH Dbl Laser mostly vs Ike and i get an opening. (sorry can't help you here more ofa situational thing.)

~I'f an ike is leading by a stock, chances are i wont jump off after time if he is at higher %'s cus of Aethercide. @ Lower %'s most of fox's airs work on ike.

Once again this is situational otherwise.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
this is a little weird in that one brawl match up chart fox is one of the 4 that ike has an advantage over. im wondering if people just fight nub ikes and get that idea in there head because there are alot of them

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
SPY!!! Stop snitchin fools!

Actually, good ikes will beat bad foxes, but good foxes will beat good ikes. Foxes speed alone is bad for ike but also add that everyone of foxes good moves work that much better on ike. Dair utilt, best on heavies. Fair, best on tall people. Ike's best chance against fox is good spacing, space alot with fair and mix it up with him hard. It's a messy match on ikes side but just a clean hit your combos and don't engage in a scrap for fox.

slave1

Smash Lord
not that good. too slow

bair, nutral A combo up smash is scary. getting touched what so ever

forward smash. you can see that comming from half a day away.

super ultra ninja cookies.

hold onto the edge. hitting him. you know the important things.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
SPY!!! Stop snitchin fools!

Actually, good ikes will beat bad foxes, but good foxes will beat good ikes. Foxes speed alone is bad for ike but also add that everyone of foxes good moves work that much better on ike. Dair utilt, best on heavies. Fair, best on tall people. Ike's best chance against fox is good spacing, space alot with fair and mix it up with him hard. It's a messy match on ikes side but just a clean hit your combos and don't engage in a scrap for fox.
:lick: ZzZz Not like im giving info to the Snake boards or anything like that >.> It's only Ike.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice

He's not the greatest, i would say he's one of the newb characters, but if someone learns how to use him well he can be deadly.

A down, on the ground and in the air.

His FS, and B Side.

If it's a time match and he has some people in his final smash, i would move to the side and start shooting my laser, so when he lands and the people go flying i would get the point.

If Ike is trying to recover, and he uses his b up, and i'm in the air as well i do my b side move and guard the edge (edgeguard) and ike would fall to death.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
Alright i see you need my expertise (If you're wondering yes i main fox, secondaries are marth and metaknight. I don't mind being quoted, also i have 6 friends who main ike online, so i know what i'm talking about) Here goes:

(1)- Well Ike is a very solid character, particularly against a character without a stunning projectile, but in fox's case lasers are still useful for forcing approaches. Massive range on attacks, lots of lag on many of them, slow, heavy, powerful, no projectile. That about sums up ike.

(2)- The biggest fears for a character like fox is the neutral A combo, this move rips fox apart, and should be avoided by fox players like the plague. The next, which just so happens to follow up nicely from the neutral A combo is his Upsmash, which is also to be feared, but not as much. Next is his Up-B recovery, it is evil, It pretty much prevents any offstage dair / shine spiking from fox if timed well, as well as even spiking the fox player to make matters worse. After those his Nair and bair can be quite irritating, due to being fast, strong and having nearly no lag, allowing that nasty neutral A combo follow up.

(3)- Ike's Forward smash, and neutral b are extremely punishable. Fox can either camp laser spam them, or bait their usage and punish with a 40+ dmg combo. Downsmash is punishable, but to a lesser degree. His forward B, depending on it's usage can be easy to get around, generally i try to get behind them. Then anticipate their roll after it fails. Counter is very easy to get around too, one of my friends likes to spam it so i just grab a lot more against him.

(4)- Fox's main focus against ike is to take advantage of his large size/weight, slow movement, and heavy lag on certain moves. Definitely first of all in attacks, fox's nair, but you can't make it predictable. Ike is a pretty big target too, so spot dodged downsmashes, or shines. Short hop double laser can be good to bait a dash attack, which is then shield grabbed. Throw in a fair now and then. Really you want to stay behind ike at all costs to avoid his neutral A combo, but you can't be airborne too much because of his **** upsmash.

(5) I don't generally edge guard ike anymore off the stage against a good ike, he will just Up-B spike me. On a newbie, dair->Shine off edge. Otherwise i try to predict either a roll, stand up from ledge, or get up attack (If i do, i will diar -> downsmash to shoot them horizontally and hug the edge.). If he jumps from the ledge, i'll attempt an Uair / Bair. A good way to pressure fox is to drop down and up-B back onto the edge, it may throw off the fox, and then allow you to get up safely.

I'm in a rush right now, but i'll come back and add more later.

Fish13srg

Smash Rookie

Deadly.

Basically try and avoid them all.

N/A

Shine. A lot. Basically, the only way to live is to use Fox's speed and reflector to keep him from landing any solid blows. Use the shine in the air to hover for messing up Ike's timing.

If you jump out behind him and either use a back-aerial or a double shine spike towards the stage, he'll end up underneath it with no chance of recovery. His size and lack of speed will make this relatively easy, but watch for the his back aerial.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
this is a little weird in that one brawl match up chart fox is one of the 4 that ike has an advantage over. im wondering if people just fight nub ikes and get that idea in there head because there are alot of them
Errr the way you say it, the opposite applies maybe you guys play too many nub foxes which is why ya'll think Ike has an advantage over Fox.

But i don't think fox or Ike have a major advantage over each other soo...don't know where you guys get your facts.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I tend to believe otherwise.

One shine off the edge = an Ike with 0HP

Also, no projectiles and slowness.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
I personally like to stay in his face and use anything to stun him, Shorthop Dair works wonders. Then if he tries to f-smash you, wait and punish with a Ronaldinho Bicycle Kick into the heavens. GOAL!

Top Bottom