• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Boss Battles Guide(Videos)(VH& Intense)(New Petey video)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I have been doing boss battles recently, so far I have been doing it on very hard, mind you I havent beaten it on Very hard with ZSS yet but I am actually also testing which of her attacks deal the most damage to them, and will allow you to score the most hits.

The reason why I have alot of damage in some of these pics is because I tried to get a pic of the damage it delt in action, suffering damage in the process :p
The boss attacks are pretty predictable, i'll be updating it with more info as I get more screenshots of what i'm doing :p

0% Run Videos​
I am working on Very Hard and Intense 0% run videos.
This could take a while, but I'm getting there.
Hopefully I'll have them up sometime soon.

Update:
I do have video recordings of me beating alot of the bosses on Very hard, also Intense as well, though I havent gotten to the end, the videos themself give you some kind of idea, I will most likely upload them on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

My Youtube account is there, keep on the look out for videos which will be posted here.

New Update:
I added info for Meta Ridley, and a video of him being beat with ZSS on intense by me with Zero Damage.

Added Crazy Hand video no damage
Added Petey Pirhana ...I totally forgot about him >_>
And video for petey on intense

New Update:05-01-2008
Added Master Hand video
Added a Better Meta Ridley Video.

New Update:05-03-2008
Added Galleom's section
Added a video for Galleom
Added Rayquaza Intense Video
Added Ridley Intense Video

New Update:05-08-2008
Added Duon Very Hard Video
Porky Data and Very Hard Video Added
Added Duon Data
Added Very hard Petey video

Boss #1:Rayquaza

This big pokemon HATES down tilts. It deals the most damage to him out of all her attacks.
Basicly you are playing a game of keep away and cat and mouse run up and hit him with about 2-3 dilts, chances are he will use his tail whip on you.

Roll back let that finish, wait and see what he will do next.
He will either charge, or use his lightning ball attack.
If he does the lightning ball just jump over it.

This next trick is pretty cool, when Rayquaza makes a dive into the ground.

ATTACK the spot where he went in with your dsmash

You WILL damage him you can score about 2-3 dsmashes if you are quick, when he comes up just get to the side and dsmash him as he comes up.

Then just Dtilt him to death. Or use Bair

Boss #2:Ridley

Ahh good ol ridley, he is very easy to beat infact you can beat him with pretty much taking ZERO damage, his main weakness you ask?​

A bair to the face of course

That's all you really need to do to him, it's really effective takes a big chunk of health off every single time, though you can forward B him but the Bair is MUCH quicker.

Also keep in mind, Forward B does a nice job on him as well.

When he is on the ground hit him with a rush attack or a bair or a forward B either or works.​

He shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Boss #3: Crazy Hand

This guy is a sap, just bair him to death

His damage meter goes down fast with each kick, fairs work good and so do UP-B's

You should be able to defeat him without taking a single hit.

Boss #4: Master Hand

This guy is just as easy as Crazy Hand.
Once again hit him with Bair attacks

You can also throw in a few UP-B smashes to take his health down as well

Continue with the UP-B's and Bair's

His health gradually drops
Should be able to take him out with no damage

SSBB - Boss Battles Intense Master Hand No Damage (DSR)ZSS

Boss #5:Meta Ridley

When we first start out in the fight Meta Ridley will most likely smash down on the ship.

Like so, when he does this just jump in the air right away, infact just right as you start the fight hit him with a kick bair then just jump in the air and get on the ledge of the ship.

Once on the ledge of the ship, pummel him with bairs you can hit him with about 4-5 bairs as he moves forward before he slings back.

His fireball attack can be annoying but it is perfectly avoidable, simply grab the ledge of the ship.

When he grabs a hold of the ship, kick him off use a forward b or a forward smash attack get him off quickly.

You should be able to handle him with no problem, here is a video of me beating him on Intense taking no damage.
SSBB - Boss Battles Intense Meta Ridley (DSR)ZSS No damage
SSBB - Boss Battles Intense Meta Ridley (DSR)ZSS No damage Version 2

Boss #6:Porky

Alright I know you guys have been waiting for this walking building with feet for a while.

Here is what you do...here we are at the start of the fight.

Throw a forward B at him, depending on the situation and how close he is, you can get two forward B's.

But If he rushes you just jump over him and you could hit him with a bair, when he comes back on screen jump up and hit him with a forward B

When he charges his laser, just run out of the way and stall him so he can't hit you.

When you get the chance pummel him with Fairs and Bairs he hates them alot and they take away alot of damage.

When Porky uses his guided laser draw it towards you and air dodge and it'll miss.
Provided my screenshot isnt in the best spot as I got hit in that shot but same general idea.
I air dodged too early which caused me to get hit there.

When Porky uses his rapid slashing attacks his hit box is big enough if you just get near it but not too close you can hit him with the charged stun gun and forward B attacks.

Just space yourself with him pummel him with Bairs and fairs

You should be able to take him down with zero damage if you play your cards right.

SSBB - Boss Battles Porky Very hard No Damage (DSR)ZSS
Intense Version coming soon!

Boss #7:Duon

Ahh Duon this guy is a freaking handful, no doubt one of the most frustrating bosses to most people, there are several ways to deal with this guy, so I'll try to cover the most ways you can in this.

At the Start of the battle he will either do 1 of 2 things, 1 he will move towards you in hopes to attack you, or two he will just charge forward at you.

In this case the battle started him with him casually coming towards me.
What you want to do is just lure him and making him attack early but just stay out of the way.

He'll miss all 3 swings, now when he pulls back is your time to strike!

Hit him with a midair forward B when he pulls back he takes a few seconds to get situated so you could hit him with a bair or fair if you are wanting to play dare devil here.

When he jumps in the air, you can hit him while he's airborne using your UP-B.
You could also hit him with a forward B before he takes off from the ground.

Hit him with your UP-B while he's in the air, just don't be in the same spot I was in this screenshot as he landed on me, so try to avoid getting stomped on like that.

When he lands attack him with a forward B!

When he uses his blue lasers there will be three of them, they are slow but they can hit through the stage so sitting on the ledge isnt a good idea for that unless you have crafty dodging skills. To deal with these time them and make him aim at you while you are on the ground then jump up and air dodge.

Remember when I said he would charge at the start of the fight sometimes?
Well when he does, make for the ledge, and STAY there.

Getting out of the way make sure he comes to a COMPLETE STOP!

While on the ledge wait for a second because he could do his spin attack and you could get cought, BUT This is a great oppertunity to strike with air attacks.

You can nail him with flip kicks but be sure to grab the ledge IMMEDITALY after you do an attack because he could catch you in a spin attack or turn around and switch sides.
Also, if he happens to fire missles in this mode wait for them to circle around him then HOP over him and the missles will be sure to hit him dealing loads of damage.

When he realizes he can't really hit you he sometimes just jumps away again.

When he does leap up from the ledge and hit him with a Fair or a Forward B

When he uses his spin attack you have a small window to attack right as he finishes it, you can hit him with a forward B and if you are quick enough two bair's

Forward B after he finishes his spin attack

Bair him if you have the chance

His health is really low now, he charged me in this picture so I took extra damage while trying to take this screenie.

When he charged me off the ledge I finished him off with a Forward B in mid air.

Play your cards right and you can take this guy on with no problem Space yourself and when you see a window to attack take it but be cautious.​

SSBB - Boss Battles Duon Very hard No Damage (DSR)ZSS
Intense Version Coming Soon!

Boss #8:Galleom

Ahh Galleom, he isnt so tough.
What you really want to do with this guy is keep spaced alot, his attacks come at you he only has about 4 stationary attacks, 1 with missiles 2 shockwaves and one spinning attack

Don't let his size fool you, don't be afraid to kick the hell outta this guy.

At the start of the fight he will either do 3 things, he will either Jump as above.

Or he will fire missles

Or he will rush you, simple air dodges will get you around these easily

Sooner or later he will get frustrated

He takes a little bit of time to turn around so that gives you an advantage to hit him with a bair,fair, or dsmash.

Hit him with multiple dsmashes and his health drops quickly, it seems to knock off his health much faster than a bair and he hates it.

Just space yourself and becareful of his large range attacks and he will fall to his knees in parts.​

Boss #9:Petey Piranha

I TOTALLY forgot to add this guy WHOOPS!
Well here he is Petey Piranha

Basicly you want to keep your distance of course, go for a cage and just use forward B when you can on it, personally I chose the right cage, you can use your dsmashes and bairs.

When he swing's just roll back or spot dodge and just bair him in the face.

Just space yourself with this guy and all should be good.​

SSBB - Boss Battles Very Hard Petey Piranha No Damage (DSR)ZSS
^Quicker method in this video, beaten in 22 seconds.

Boss #10:Tabuu

Info coming soon Whenever I get there​

Hopefully this will come in handy once completed.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
Nice dsr I would like to play matches with you again sometime. Im rpg by the way.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
54 Views and only one comment? wow

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Wow..no one is interested? anyways sorry about the lack of updates today..been working on a poster for my color theory class..

I should have the other parts of the guide up soon...I hope my guide is hellpful to some atleast...so many views and not many comments o_o.

Maybe silence is a good thing..

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Nice effort but i dont think ZSS is suited to fight bosses, prove me im wrong!
She is perfectly suited :p as i have shown in the videos I have up so far.
Intense and no damage :p

I should have other parts up soon..

But thank you all the same.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I was just encouraging to keep going =) Im curious about Duon and Porky.

I should have them up soon so keep on the look out! ^_^

I know what hurts them badly it's just the matter of doing it without taking damage.
Plus getting the video and the pics at the same time.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I nearly had a 0% run on Very Hard today...screwed up in the end..been trying hard to get a 0% Run video up..

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Duon Very Hard video is now up, Intense version coming soon.

Top Bottom