• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Falco's tips, advanced techniques, and others ~ (Directory)

Blad01

Smash Lord
The Falco section seems a little bit empty with regards to some others Character's Boards. I propose a compilation of all the interessant threads about Falco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Compilation of interessant threads about Falco​

~ General ~​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

I probably forget some interesting threads...
If you want me to add a thread, reply in this thread, or PM me.

waks

Smash Journeyman
This would be a sorta~useless post, but nice pic over there :p

Blad01

Smash Lord
This would be a sorta~useless post, but nice pic over there :p
Thanks ^^

Mysteriously, i don't think that you post is useless :p

I just noticed that the Falco section doesn't have any good guides threads OO
On laser-lock, SHL, SHDL, Ledge Hop DL...

Wow :/ Maybe i will make one on lasers, if i can get some free time.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Thanks ^^

Mysteriously, i don't think that you post is useless :p

I just noticed that the Falco section doesn't have any good guides threads OO
On laser-lock, SHL, SHDL, Ledge Hop DL...

Wow :/ Maybe i will make one on lasers, if i can get some free time.
That would be awesome

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
You know what i discovered? Sorry if its old, anyway you know how some characters like Lucario can't be chain grabbed? Well you can actually do a nice little screw over, it is consisting of these basics: grab, dthrow, short hop, dair spike, repeat the steps until the opponent lays on the ground after the spike. As soon as the opponent first gets on the ground laying down you should go strait down, stop doing the repetition and go strait into a laser lock. BTW for people who don't know what laserlocking is its basically firing laser after laser while the opponent is lying on the ground and this causes an infinite chain until you stop lasering or the opponent goes off stage. Also, this could be a good switch up so when characters that could get chain grabbed but can also escape it, well.. try to escape the chain grab when you use it again.

It actually might be easily countered but all i know is I pulled this off once against a human player. Sorry if its flawed... It's just basically linking a lot of falco's more advance glitch or tactics.

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
Im preety sure its in one of those chaingrab threads but thats already been covered by a couple people, but yes it does work, try watching the video of bombsoldier vs Coral, nice little video of bomb fighting a lucario

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes, this is the technique called "Pillaring" or "Chainspike", but it works just 30% of the time... :/ (If your opponent rolls away from you).

I add two threads : A news use for Fair, and the "Walljump LedgeGuard".

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
You should include the dash cancel upsmash. I don't exactly know how to do it, so I went into this topic expecting to learn, but you don't have it!

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
can anyone fight me and rank how good i am??i need someones oppinion on how bad i am
This is not the thread for asking these questions. (you can PM someone though)

Anyway, I'm gonna make a tutorial on Falco's Lasers and the stuff you can do with it outside of just regular SHL/SHDL (but I may go in-depth as to what can be performed with SHL/SHDL).

I'm preparing the videos as I type.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Anyway, I'm gonna make a tutorial on Falco's Lasers and the stuff you can do with it outside of just regular SHL/SHDL (but I may go in-depth as to what can be performed with SHL/SHDL).
Cool ! ^^ But... I'm making one too XD

The first one to post ;) (It won't be me, i go to bed now ^^').

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Mine wont be done for a while so meh =P

EDIT: Well, I'm currently stopping it at demonstrating SHDL, SHL and Ledge hop Double Laser. As I don't have the resources to go further at the moment.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Dash-to-upsmash
This is performed by dashing, then smashing the cstick up.
**For Falco, the dash attack needs to connect in order for this to work**, which sets this dash attack cancel apart from others (such as Snake's and Wario's).
Also, I must strongly emphasize that you need to smash the c-stick upwards after the dash attack. Pressing the cstick up won't do anything.
The easiest way to do this is to use C-stick down to dash attack, since this lets you dash attack form a standing position (rather than fsmashing by using A or C-stick left/right).

Input: Dash + C-stick Down -> SMASH C-stick Up.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Up-Tilt is Falco's trick up his sleeve.

You'd be surprised how good it is and how much it sets up into combos or check mate moves. Falco's aerial game has quite a bit of untapped potential that I'm getting into now. Unless the character has a good down air, you can up tilt into up-air. If they dodge the up-air and don't DI, spike them back down to the stage to another up-tilt, down smash, side smash, up smash, laser lock or anything. If they DI back and dodge the up-air, back kick them. If they DI forward and dodge it, space them and use side B right when they land and pop them back up.

Up Tilt to rising neutral air is really good too. Sets up into a double jump + spike 3 hit combo.

Jabs are Godly. Spam them like Metaknights tornado, but know when to end it. Jab to run grab = good for shield spammers. Jab to dash attack sets up for up tilt and gets behind them if they shield it. Even Jab into Forward Smash works. (If you think they're going to shield the Forward Smash, charge it and wait for the sidestep dodge :) )

Squee451

Smash Rookie
new one hit kill falco

NEW FALCO TECHNIQUE ONE HIT FORWARD AIR KILLING.

This works on all but 5 people says the guy who showed it to me DRAGONFANGX on gamebattles. I call this the Dfang fair or Fair spiking, if one char is all the way on the edge of FD BF Lylat or PS, and you shorthop fair backwards off the stage, they get carried off and hit the edge spiking them downwards. Can kill some people at 0% like other falcos, but doesnt work on meta gw rob kirby jiggs. Try it out I'll try and post vids soon, on most people footstooling can insure death, it kills at 30% on DEDEDE and is incredibly effective against snake. Works well but they have to roll all the way over. DragonFangX gets credit for discovery I'm just sharing

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
NEW FALCO TECHNIQUE ONE HIT FORWARD AIR KILLING.

This works on all but 5 people says the guy who showed it to me DRAGONFANGX on gamebattles. I call this the Dfang fair or Fair spiking, if one char is all the way on the edge of FD BF Lylat or PS, and you shorthop fair backwards off the stage, they get carried off and hit the edge spiking them downwards. Can kill some people at 0% like other falcos, but doesnt work on meta gw rob kirby jiggs. Try it out I'll try and post vids soon, on most people footstooling can insure death, it kills at 30% on DEDEDE and is incredibly effective against snake. Works well but they have to roll all the way over. DragonFangX gets credit for discovery I'm just sharing
Um...I mentioned this a while ago on a different thread about a backwards forward air into the stage. Doing it against Pit or MetaKnight that knows how to aerial space is asking to get punished.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166848&page=3 kthx but good job posting it where people would see it.

I think I found a kind of a moon walk people can add to the mind game of spin sliding, too. If you walk and tap the other direction fast and don't hold it, you'll do a dashing animation but will not move. Then you can hold the control stick the initial direction (without jerking it or it'll dash dance) and you get the same kind of slide from pivot sliding. It's all timing.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I was about to go lolwut on this DragonFangX guy on something "he found" which he didn't (since 3 other people already did)<_<

Also, on a side note, i request my laser guide video to be listed please.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
That's cool Tommy_G.
I wish I could pivot slide; I'm not sure what's goin' on in the vid.

I has a question. I can't get the dair at the end of a chain grab. In vids I've watched, people seem to slide forward one last time, and then jump + dair, connecting on the way up.

I can't get the slide, and my dair just ... doesn't line up. I'm not sure why. If I do the dair fast, the opponent is farther away than my hop. If I jump then dair, they've escaped hitstun.
What am I missing?

I would have thought there was another thread for this, but we have no stickied guide, and the Chaingrab Project is a narrow enterprise.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Dash forward while the down throw frames are ending and jump spike right when you see the dash come out. It has to be almost instant.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
2 things no1 has said that are kinda advanced
1. you can SH dair out of CG or w.e off a stage and then just hold toward the ledge and u grab the ledge
2. on all stages u can wall jump with (Yoshi's Battlefield warioware etc.) you can tab away from the ledge and then just immediately phantasm toward the ledge and it works as a REALLY good stall.

IF u combo these 2 u can create a pretty lethal 0 death game out of chain grabs

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
2. on all stages u can wall jump with (Yoshi's Battlefield warioware etc.) you can tab away from the ledge and then just immediately phantasm toward the ledge and it works as a REALLY good stall.
Thats the "Reboot Edgehog" tech from Melee. In melee it could be done with the Firebird as well (but that method does not work anymore)

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
I'll be using this a ton. Thanks for keeping it up to date, too. I've seen way to many threads like this go to waste.

Top Bottom