• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

70 damage Ice Climbers 'combo'

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Works best at the start of the match:

Popo Grab>Downthrow>Nana Fair>Popo Grab>Nana Fair>Squall

If it's too hard for you to do the second half, just do:

Popo Grab>Downthrow>Nana fair>Squall

The first one gets 70%. It stops working in the 30ish range I think. I can't be DI'd out of. I'll post a video of it in action. Hopefully it's not old.

Second combo I have is a chaingrab (lol), but it's very easy to DI out of. Mind was well post it.

Popo Grab>Downthrow>Nana Squall>Popo Grab>Downthrow>Nana Squall>Popo Grab...(once you get to the edge) Popo Grab>Nana Fair (opponent will be meteored off stage)

Hopefully these aren't old.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
good self discoveries but the Fair combos have been around for a long time now...and well the CG's have pretty much all been discovered...:/, unless someone comes up with a ridiculous one like the footstool one haha

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Mach5, that doesn't get them to 70, only 50ish.

What I do is:

Grab>D-throw>Fair>Grab>D-throw>Fair...until they are at 50 pecent. Then grab>d-throw>squall

Now, for my squall chainthrow, I found a better way to do it:

Grab>D throw> Nana squall> Dash grab with Popo>D-Throw>Nana squall>Dash grab with Popo....etc. etc.

At high percents, they automatically get out of this. Try to learn the percent you can no longer do that at. Then, once they are at that percent, instead of doing the regular combo, d-throw into a fair or d-throw into a blizzard.
Also: CG's? What are those?

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I avoid F-Smashes in my combos, only at higher percents or if I can't seem to get people into combos. If you keep them in your grabs, if they are near the edge, f throw>fair. This spikes them.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wooo

I got that once, got 112% cuz of that, so crazy

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm loving the following one:

Grab>Downthrow>Squall>Dash grab>Downthrow>Squall

REALLY easy to do. Once you get them to the edge, down throw>fair.

I'll make a video of this

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
The Fair Cg stops at 30%. I could only see u going 2 50% because of yur oppenent being on top of the weight list.. Or yur grabbn b4 the oppenent hits the ground. Ahh, and btw these r Ndeed old, :D.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm missing the point of this but... If you've grabbed the enemy why would you even bother with squall hammer if you have better options at your disposal? I'd much rather do the following, as it usually ensures victory:

Popo d-throw, Nana Fair, Popo d-throw, Nana Fair, then follow up with any number of alternating grab combos. Seeing as how alternating grabs work against every character in the game aside from the Ice Climbers, then it'd make more sense to me to just finish the job. Why stop at 70?

Also, Laser. The Fair cg stops for most characters more close to 40 than 30...

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I can never get the timing right for those grab combos, so I came up with something that can still help me get a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Any tips for alternating grabs?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I can never get the timing right for those grab combos, so I came up with something that can still help me get a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Any tips for alternating grabs?
Yes, practice. Practice makes perfect.

No but seriously, the best advice I can give is... when attempting the grab combos, be patient and controlled. Walk, don't run. It's not about speed per say, but consistency. If you're grabbing as quickly as possible, and are delaying nowhere, the enemy won't be able to break out. You've just got to maintain your collect precision.

Rly.. Mayb I fite 2 many LightWeights. o.O

mayhaps. :D

anar9kis

Smash Rookie
popo dthrown nana fair and regrab until at higher percentages so you can't regrab. Then popo dthrow nana fair and mash neutral b as nana lands to ice lock them off the edge of the stage and regen all your other moves.

Plus ice lock is hella flashy

Top Bottom