• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Setups to Rest?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
1. Shorthop Dair to Rest (fastfall when you're about to hit the ground)
2. Uair juggle into Rest
3. Bair/Fair into Rest (I don't do this one)

TheStig

Smash Lord
i like doing nair to rest, although very risky. it only works on certain characters. i might run some tests to see which ones.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
WOW. I cannot even believe I didnt know about the Dair to Rest one. XD

What exactly is the point of fastfalling before you hit the ground? Wouldnt you want to NOT fast fall to auto cancel it?

I use Kings Nair to rest approach (youtube it, I know its Melee but it works the same in brawl), Uair juggle to rest
,and Edge cancel sing to rest .

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
You fastfall after the attack ends otherwise they get an opportunity to powersheild you cause it won't count as a true combo.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Dair to rest doesnt seem to work very often for me, do they have to be hit with the Dair in the air so taht they hit the ground andthen you can rest them or what?

thx

Smash Ace
drillrest
tech chase rest
platform rest (your under a platform and there over you on the platform and you hit them to where they are)
fair rest (works at good percents most common for me around 60 or 70 or so within that area)
bair rest (same thing as fair)
nair rest (i tend to rarely use this but i know it works lmao)
uair rest
air dodge to rest
jump out of sheild rest or dodge rest

yeah theres a few set ups for it if anyone can argue with it let me know lol

TheStig

Smash Lord
i played a dk on wifi today, and I had my first 5 hit rest combo using uairs and bairs. guy disconnected after that, then I saved the replay.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Hehe Tech chase rest aka predict when your opponent will roll into your rest hitbox, then KABOOM! Works well against n00bs, however a smart opponent won't fall for it a second time.

Also, unsweetspotted fair > rest works nicely at mid-percentages.

rinoH

Smash Lord
what i like to do is keep on using fair and when they dont expect it i use a short hop rest on them

Top Bottom