• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up B sing statistics

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
So i tried messing around in training to find any potential uses for upb.

These tests are not perfect since I did everthing on my own or through a computer char. I would basically sing with jiggz and mash the other controller to see how fast i can awake.

Apparently it seems that some characters wake up faster then others.

Again I did very rough tests. I tested the lowest percent(not exact) you can sing a char that button mashes like crazy where you end up waking up before they do.

I found that if you sing someone like metaknight at around 120% you wake up before they do. On Mario and Luigi, around 140%. Bowser and DK 170+

Now I tried this on lvl 9 computers, I don't think they can be accurate tests though cause they can pretty much do things that no human can do. In addition, Regardless of the char, they would always wake up at the same time.

Of course there is definitely a lot more testing that needs to be done, i can be completely way off.

Unfortunately sing is still a bad move. I wish they gave it super armor or some sort of priority.

It also sucks that this move has 3 attack phases(The attack doesn't last the entire duration, only during the the 1st, 2nd, and 4th or 1st 3rd and 4th, sylables not quite sure).

So at lower percents then the ones tested above, in order to wake up before they do, you must somehow get the 3rd attack phase to land.

TheStig

Smash Lord
interesting...it proves that sing still sucks. the only use for it is near a ledge but then it still sometimes doesn't hit

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
It's funny, the programmers could have done a lot of things to make the sing attack useful.

Jiggly's been in every smash bros game, I would think they would at least improve the move, it actually feels worse then the previous incarnations.

Hopefully, someone discovers something more unorthodox with the move possibly making it somewhat useful.

Tenki

Smash Hero
air approach maybe?

though it kinda projects your fall, so that leaves you vulnerable

Top Bottom