• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMG yes! (rest combo)

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
You really need to learn the spacing for jiggs roll.

because you can rest right out of it :chuckle: !!!!

This works super good and you can even combo into it ( for people who dont see it coming )

like jab -> jab -> Rollrest ( when foe is at 70% ish )

Yay!!

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Rest isn't even that good anymore.
I'd have to disagree. In Brawl, surviving at percentages over 100% is common. Dair to Rest makes Jigglypuff's kill potential that much stronger, killing light characters at 50% and heavy characters at 70%.

Rest is good.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
People who say rest isn't good don't understand Brawl yet. They don't realize you will commonly get people to 150% so being able to kill at 80 is really a huge weapon. Rest killing someone at 80% is like rest killing someone at 50 in melee. It's definitely nerfed for free for alls and you have to wait for stale move negation now but other than that I only think it got slightly worse, still a great move.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
People who say rest isn't good don't understand Brawl yet. They don't realize you will commonly get people to 150% so being able to kill at 80 is really a huge weapon. Rest killing someone at 80% is like rest killing someone at 50 in melee. It's definitely nerfed for free for alls and you have to wait for stale move negation now but other than that I only think it got slightly worse, still a great move.
Good point.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
HAHA! I did that kind of stuff in Melee where I'd Retreating Bair camp, space, roll, rest and laugh. XD

It is pretty funny to do, just don't be predictable or you'll be punished out of the roll. If only we had Lucario's roll.... :(

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
@thiocyanide: that was a hella ignorant comment, there are combos in brawl just not ones that punish as much as they did in melee, plus brawl is way too new to pass judgement on all of its metagame like that

@sunrise: if that was sarcasm(hard to tell online) then you are my hero, if not then your lamesauce haha

oh and rest = teh fatty slayer

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much for that completely original, non-conforming comment. You are so hardcore. I want you inside me.
AHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I gotta remember to sig that when Im not using my wii XD.

But seriously I find this rollrest too good on the edge. Most people will either eat rest or just ledge attack you to wake you up.
Watch out for Water Gun and Fludd though :_:

Flob

Smash Cadet
Ehrm sorry to disturb you guys but what actually is a roll rest? is it when you dair into it? My first thought was that it was a rest out of a rollout... XD that would be nice...

Ace55

Smash Lord
Ehrm sorry to disturb you guys but what actually is a roll rest? is it when you dair into it? My first thought was that it was a rest out of a rollout... XD that would be nice...
Roll = shield + <- or -> then you rest.

Pretty basic stuff really.

Flob

Smash Cadet
Ahaah.... That roll. Jiggly has like 5 rolling animations so I wasn't able to find out which one... Nice to see someone from my own country answering

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I originally thought he meant RollOUT -> Rest and was going to say "Yeah, no".

I'll be practicing rollresting.

Top Bottom