• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All you need is turtle

∫unk

Smash Master
You don't even need to do anything fancy with G&W... literally just be in their face all the time with turtle. RARing makes this insanely easy to be pointing in the right direction. Once the opponent is ~100% start d-throw -> d-smash if they're light (even pros don't tech it every time), and even if they do tech just tech chase up smash.

Even the ones that just sit right out of Turtle range can be brought in for the **** with some bacon spam. The ones that dodge/roll/walk/whatever around can be adjusted for with spacing.

The only ones that I've seen handle turtle are really good Ikes and any decent Snake.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
LOL, back air is all you need ehh? Innnteresting... I guess you've won just about every tourny around your area then right?

∫unk

Smash Master
go win a tourney with ur everlasting knowledge of smash, not to mention surefire way to win
I have won tourneys.. Not anything significant just local ones with like $50 gift card prizes but w/e I'm not trying to be the best smasher or anything. I haven't been motivated to travel far to play a video game, although my crew might go down to SoCal at some point in the near future just to see where we stand (lol irony). We've killed everyone in our area though.

And you know the turtle works.

thanks for letting me know the secret to playing g&w

/sarcasm
lawl I was expecting something like this... I'm just saying G&W is too good :p

JunkInTheTrunk-

It says you are from SB. Were you at SB gamefest? If you were, why didn't I see you playing G&W?
Didn't even hear about it.. do you know Link? We 6 person crew battled him the other day I think we had 7 stock left I didn't even play lolz.

Yeah we haven't hooked up with the city college smashers although I hear they're good (I PM'ed one like a month ago and we exchanged info but he wasn't too interested in playing Brawl). PM me and we'll play.

LOL, back air is all you need ehh? Innnteresting... I guess you've won just about every tourny around your area then right?
um... pretty much :p I don't even main G&W he just covers most if not all of Marth's weak matchups.

And guys I'm kidding you need to know a little more than turtle spacing but that's all my friends whine about when I play him :p Honestly I think d-throw tech chase f-smash is more annoying.

Top Bottom