• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsercide glitch?

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow O.o;

Uhm... I don't really have much to add. That's really, really strange. News to me. ^^;

Flayl

Smash Hero
I couldn't quite catch on what frame that happened. Was the bowser already rising when you got knocked out of the sideB, or was it the instance before that?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Umm, wow...

Someone needs to tell Sakurai they have this new thing called "beta testing". He should probably have looked into it.

Seriously, did no one on his team ever think "What happens if they get hit out of Bowser's grip mid-move and he goes off the ledge?"

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
Nope... it seems they didn't because they never considered that possibility (actually this kind of things happen in programming all the time, it is not something that people will usually try so... let's not test this it is not a main issue is it?)
And if it is tried in tournaments it is obviously going to be banned, I mean, he is going to win because he is un-hittable so it is not a main issue.
But I agree, it is fairly weird

The Star King

Smash Hero
What I think happened is, that the n-air was perfectly positioned so it would just hit Ike and not Bowser, which causes to hit Ike out of Bowser's grip, but doesn't end Bowser's move. However, since nobody is Bowser's grip, the game cannot finish the move, and so Bowser ends up being frozen forever.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
i agree with Kevin, that would be epic in teams. when i do this to my friends, they'll believe i truly do haz teh haxxorz haha

Ezurus

Smash Rookie
Wow, nice find. Must be replicated. I'm going to try to make this happen in training mode on slow-mo.

Top Bottom