• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Do you have a simple, quick, or short question to ask like "Can you change the audio to Japanese?" or "What does 10char mean?" Have you tried using the search button but couldn't find your answer? Well, post your simple questions in this thread and hopefully a kind member of our community will stop by and answer it for you soon after you post it! And who knows, maybe your question was already answered in this thread!

By the way, the answers to the previous questions are "Unfortunately, you can't change the audio." and "Smashboards doesn't allow you to post messages that are less than 10 characters long, so when someone has a short post (i.e. I agree) then they'll often include the words 10char so they can surpass the minimum characters and post their comment."

Before you ask your question, do the following first:

1. If you want to know some general information, please check www.smashwiki.com

2. If you could not find your answer on Smashwiki, then use the search button at the top to see if anybody has made a thread in the past about your question.

3. If you could not find your answer through that method, please click the button labeled "Search this thread" located above this post and search for whatever you want to know.

4. If you could not find your answer in this thread, then go to this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149248
That is the previous simple question, simple answer thread. Please use the "search this thread" button once again to look for an answer.

If you have tried all 4 methods above and still cannot find an answer to your question, then ask it here. But DO NOT post a question before you try the methods listed above.

Also, please thank the awesome people who answer your questions. They are doing it just to be helpful, and it would be nice to show them that their efforts are appreciated.

Smash Ace
It's not a stupid question. It took a while for me to figure out, too.

It's when you set your C-stick to specials. There are a few useful things that you can do with that, such as jumping out of a dash facing the opposite direction more easily, and altering your momentum in the air as you do a special move.

This thread has a lot of information about the C-stick, including B-sticking.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Hey. I was wondering, if you're new to the boards, is a set time you have to wait until you're able to post an image in your sig? Or a number of posts? If either, I'd appreciate it if someone told me how long/ how many posts. This answer didn't come up in the general search, and was asked more than twice in your previous thread; unfortunately I don't believe anyone answered. Thanks in advance.

lsd

Smash Rookie
Can I use a sticker factory all day and it still count all the stickers I picked up at the end or do I need to do 10 minute intervals or some time like that?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Can I use a sticker factory all day and it still count all the stickers I picked up at the end or do I need to do 10 minute intervals or some time like that?
I believe after like 30 minutes, you don't get new stickers so you should do like 15 minute heats.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I was wondering, if you're new to the boards, is a set time you have to wait until you're able to post an image in your sig? Or a number of posts? If either, I'd appreciate it if someone told me how long/ how many posts. This answer didn't come up in the general search, and was asked more than twice in your previous thread; unfortunately I don't believe anyone answered. Thanks in advance.
I don't think so, are you formatting it correctly?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
hey, don't worry, there's no time limit at all!
edit: crap...i think 25 posts.... they need to fix that!

youngtweety

Smash Cadet
I have my origami link in my signature and it has been there since I joined. I don't think I even have 25 posts yet! :ohwell:

Edit: Nope. Only 23 posts at the time of posting. How are you trying to put it in your signature? Maybe I can help.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
How do you find the wii code or number or w/e it's called
i know it's a stupid question but i can't find it

gorgon.

Smash Ace
I have my origami link in my signature and it has been there since I joined. I don't think I even have 25 posts yet! :ohwell:

Edit: Nope. Only 23 posts at the time of posting. How are you trying to put it in your signature? Maybe I can help.
Really, youngtweety? As you can see, mine isn't working, and under "Signature Permissions" in my Control Panel it says "no" to Allow

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
when i added my char pictures in my signature, my mario picture is the wrong one, and i know the other mario pics exist bcause i've seen it on other people's signatures

can someone help me?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
thanks ty, you've answered alot of my questions
can u add my fc to your friend roster??
Sure, it's listed to the left. I can see yours when I see it posted (sorry, I didn't see before I posted this >.<)
I kind of gotten on the wrong foot, I'm glad to see a mature way of dealing with such situation. Thanx.

Edit: Is it possible to add it later? It's 12:41 Central Time, I am preparing for an early morning concert called the 'Fine Arts Festival'. Sorry about this, I will definatley get onto that ASAP.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Probably be yes

Anyway, still looking for a GOOD list of ALL Smash Bros Terms

(DI, RAR, Teching, etc.)

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
DO you know if nintendo is making a new super smash bros.?, and if so, is there a webstite for it like smashbros.com or something

also, Samurai Panda, WTF, your other avatar was way better than a panda

Smash Ace
Really, youngtweety? As you can see, mine isn't working, and under "Signature Permissions" in my Control Panel it says "no" to Allow tags. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong, and thanks to everyone for trying to answer my question.[/QUOTE]

You have to be registered for a certain (short) period of time, I believe. Unfortunately, I don't know how short that period is.

I'm fairly sure that it isn't based on post count. You could PM one of the admins (not moderators, admins are much more likely to know) if you need to know the details.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that whenever you post you actively need to click the "Show Signature" checkbox.

I'm sure they made it to "Default: Unchecked" just to keep down the sheer volume of the images.

EDIT: **** it, missed a whole page.

I don't think the tag works with PNG files. Try JPEG?

[quote="smallmalf, post: 4494434"]what's the difference between moderators and administrators[/QUOTE]

Moderators can handle user-based things, such as locking/moving/deleting threads, banning users, editing other posts, the like.

Admins usually can tamper with the forum data itself, such as arrangement of thread subforums, word filters, and other very advanced information. They can also see IP addresses, I think, something that is pretty intimidating.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Can someone describe the spike hitbox for falco's d-air? It's obviously a spike, and i know only the first hit spikes, but it seems like the hitbox which spikes is smaller than the total hitbox.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Top Bottom