• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full information on the Brawl YYG available!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, everyone here has heard of the new YYG right?

If not, let me exaplin. There is a YYG in Brawl that allows you to keep Ness' yo-yo hangning out just like a little boy who doesn't know how to use a yo-yo would. He just drags it around, still completely able to do his attacks. Looks really cool.

Now to get into the more advanced stuff.

This glitch can be done by doing this.

1. Charge the usmash
2. Have anattack of greater priority go through the charg hitbox
3. Release the charge
4. Get hit before Ness puts away the yo-yo

NOTE: If an attack hits the sweetspot of the usmash (the second hitbox) the glitch is cancelled.

I have recreated this glitch many times and have avideo that I plan on posting soon.

A very easy way to do this is in training mode. Use Ness (duh) and Lucario.

1. Have Lucario fully charge an Aura sphere.
2. Charge Ness' yo-yo
3. Shoot aura sphere at Ness' chrging yo-yo so it clanks
4. Here's the tricky part. RIght after the sphere clanks with the charging hitbox, release the charge so that Ness whips the yo-yo up out of the way and the aura sphere goes through and hits him.

If done correctly, you should achieve the glitch. If you need help with the timing, set it to 1/4 speed. Also, this is most easily done in training mode because the attack decays outside of training mode making the aura sphere go away as soon as it hits the yo-yo when diminished.

Some things to know about this

Ness is completely able to do anything he normally could.
Using either yo-yo attack during the effect of this glitch ends it.
Being KOed does NOT end it.
The circle of the yo-yo stays on top of platforms if you drop through them. The string will stay with Ness and be completely detached from it. The circle also gets stuck behind obstale if Ness is somehow put between one and the yo-yo.
If you get past the objet in the way, the circle warps back to the string.
A hitbox surrounds the circle part. It is the weak hitbox and can only hit a single opponent 1 time.

I have a vid I'll post soon with a commentary. Hope you guys are interested.

BTW, what ever happened to Melee's Super yo-yo glitch?

EDIT:
TA DAAA!!!
Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoggv25pPns

Masky

Smash Master
You've been able to reproduce this? Awesome. If only there was a way to do this without being hit by an attack though ):

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't think Ness has a move he could jacket anymore, dair has multiple hitboxes and uair is really hard to do it with + i think it has two hitboxes.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Until EB360 gets a video up, if you guys haven't seen it yet, this video shows the Yo-yo glitch doing damage at 0:23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M3zQWfWxUY

Anyway, awesome. EB360, you win life and the internet.

I can feel the mounting fear of our enemies as they nervously watch Ness players uncover yet more physics-defying uses of the yo-yo. At least that's how I hope it turns out; I want to see Brawl Deadlines, Jackets, and Traps more than anything else in the gaming world right now besides Mother 3 in English.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Jackets, Deadlines, et cetera probably won't happen. This glitch functions so much differently than Ness' previous yo-yo glitch. The only way deadlines could works is when, as Earthbound360 said in the first post, "If you get past the objet in the way, the circle warps back to the string." I don't know how this works, but this is probably the only possible chance for deadlining. The reason you could deadline in Melee was because you dropped a hitbox and the hitbox returned you to by sort of warping. It flew through the space in between you and the hitbox, hitting whatever was in the way and taking the property of whatever attack you used to recall it. Thus the only way to deadline is if this yo-yo glitch has a similar effect when it warps back to you.

As for jacketing, I sort of doubt that will happen. However, I don't know exactly why one could jacket in Melee--the mechanics of it that is. But since the glitch is so different I think it would be a stretch for that to happen unless it was put there purposely, which would make it not a glitch at all.

But this could be useful in teams. Ness and Lucario (or whoever else can set up the glitch) could make use of this pretty easily. Any time there is only one teammate on the stage and he is trying to recover (let's say it's after his partner has died for the sake of argument), Ness and Lucario could set up the glitch and Ness could try dangling his yo-yo off the edge. Now this all depends on whether or not the yoyo takes someone out of the helpless animation. Fox's lasers don't but an f-air from Marth does--different moves do different things concerning this.

So if the yoyo doesn't take them out of the helpless animation, then you could make it nigh impossible for someone to recover besides directly onto the stage. If done right, Ness could even charge a homerun while the yoyo is dangling so that they have no good option (PK Flash works well too). But if they do go for the edge, imagine if they used Dolphin Blade (Marth's up+B). He flies directly upward to catch the edge, is hit by a yoyo that stops him, and enters the helpless animation and can't recover. Bam--instant KO for whenever he goes off the stage. Just a thought, though.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't think Ness has a move he could jacket anymore, dair has multiple hitboxes and uair is really hard to do it with + i think it has two hitboxes.

What about thunder jacketing? Just curious. Or is sweetspotting the edge different in Brawl so that it's not cancelled the same way?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Have you tried hitting twelve different "enemies" with the yoyo?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm really doubting jackets and deadlines as we knew them will be back. Glitches rarely happen between games exactly the same way. If anything, through experimentation, new glitches off of this will be discovered with different effects. If the same old stuff isn't working then try something new. Who knows what it'll turn out like. Either way I seriously doubt it will be to much use for Ness users. Pulling off the yoyo glitch in a competitive match in Melee was freaking hard enough. But having to do it this way on purpose is pretty much impossible. Your opponent isn't going to quietly cooperate so that you can set up a glitch like this. With a whole lot of work maybe you could bait them into shooting a projectile at you so that you could time your upsmash to get the glitch? But I doubt it. And until there are greater gains from this, it's stupid to even attempt.

That said, further testing is definetly needed. If there is any potential to this we need to find it before everyone but the hardcores jump ship from Ness.

This thread should be stickied so people know what the glitch is when it happens.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The yo yo only hits once on each target. Meaning if there are 4 players it can hit the other 3 once at different times. It can also hit Crates, barrels, party balls, the smash ball, sandbags, metal boxes, bombs, deku nuts, freezies, shells, Hot heads, smart bombs, Mr saturn, Soccer balls, Unira, Blast boxes, capsules, gooey bombs, and motion sensor bombs.

Its great for hitting motion sensor bombs. Throw one down when near the enemy for an auto explosion that does not hurt you.

Also the yo yo does not change size if Ness gets a super mushroom or Poison mushroom when in that state.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Anyway, awesome. EB360, you win life and the internet.
Lol thx

Jackets, Deadlines, et cetera probably won't happen. This glitch functions so much differently than Ness' previous yo-yo glitch. The only way deadlines could works is when, as Earthbound360 said in the first post, "If you get past the objet in the way, the circle warps back to the string." I don't know how this works, but this is probably the only possible chance for deadlining. The reason you could deadline in Melee was because you dropped a hitbox and the hitbox returned you to by sort of warping. It flew through the space in between you and the hitbox, hitting whatever was in the way and taking the property of whatever attack you used to recall it. Thus the only way to deadline is if this yo-yo glitch has a similar effect when it warps back to you.

As for jacketing, I sort of doubt that will happen. However, I don't know exactly why one could jacket in Melee--the mechanics of it that is. But since the glitch is so different I think it would be a stretch for that to happen unless it was put there purposely, which would make it not a glitch at all.

But this could be useful in teams. Ness and Lucario (or whoever else can set up the glitch) could make use of this pretty easily. Any time there is only one teammate on the stage and he is trying to recover (let's say it's after his partner has died for the sake of argument), Ness and Lucario could set up the glitch and Ness could try dangling his yo-yo off the edge. Now this all depends on whether or not the yoyo takes someone out of the helpless animation. Fox's lasers don't but an f-air from Marth does--different moves do different things concerning this.

So if the yoyo doesn't take them out of the helpless animation, then you could make it nigh impossible for someone to recover besides directly onto the stage. If done right, Ness could even charge a homerun while the yoyo is dangling so that they have no good option (PK Flash works well too). But if they do go for the edge, imagine if they used Dolphin Blade (Marth's up+B). He flies directly upward to catch the edge, is hit by a yoyo that stops him, and enters the helpless animation and can't recover. Bam--instant KO for whenever he goes off the stage. Just a thought, though.
This glitch is intruiging, but that's really all. Not very useful since the timing is so hard even if you have a teammate. I mean, it took me many tries to record the video since I had to reset the match every time since the yo-yo got stale.

I experimented with this as much as I could. I cancelled my attacks, got hit, died, everything that I could think would extend the use of this glitch but nothing useful came of it other than the "pseud deathline" if you will (the one with the objects in between).

I'm not quite understanding your edgeguarding theory though. You want to stand by the edge and let the yo-yo dangle off to hit them? Or hang yourself off the edge?

What about thunder jacketing? Just curious. Or is sweetspotting the edge different in Brawl so that it's not cancelled the same way?
No thunder jacket. Besides, you didn't need a ledge to get TJ in Melee. Just something to stage blast be it an aerial floorblast, wallblast, or ledgeblast. All you really needed to do it cancel PKT2.

Have you tried hitting twelve different "enemies" with the yoyo?
Yes. Shells, freezies, sandbags, Mr. Saturns, you name it. THey were ALL hit.

I'm really doubting jackets and deadlines as we knew them will be back. Glitches rarely happen between games exactly the same way. If anything, through experimentation, new glitches off of this will be discovered with different effects. If the same old stuff isn't working then try something new. Who knows what it'll turn out like. Either way I seriously doubt it will be to much use for Ness users. Pulling off the yoyo glitch in a competitive match in Melee was freaking hard enough. But having to do it this way on purpose is pretty much impossible. Your opponent isn't going to quietly cooperate so that you can set up a glitch like this. With a whole lot of work maybe you could bait them into shooting a projectile at you so that you could time your upsmash to get the glitch? But I doubt it. And until there are greater gains from this, it's stupid to even attempt.

That said, further testing is definetly needed. If there is any potential to this we need to find it before everyone but the hardcores jump ship from Ness.

This thread should be stickied so people know what the glitch is when it happens.
Like I said above, I teseted this a lot and could find nothing. It's nothing useful really,but hey, should it happen on accident, you know what you can do with it.
I am hoping more will come of this, but all I tested resulted in nothing. Maybe you guys can help.

EDIT: UPDATE! VIDEO IN FIRST POST!!!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
I doubt the usefulness of this, it's just kind of cool to try when you're bored.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh, well then that wont work if you mean just stand by the edge because I believe ALL characters can sweetspot through the yo-yo

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
bump since there have been many new YYG topics sprouting and people ned to know this to stop repetition.

Masky

Smash Master
I did this during a friendly at a tournament today (against a CFalcon) but it didn't help me at all since it didn't have a hitbox for some reason ):

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
Hey, Earthbound360, is the amount of damage the detached yo-yo causes dependable on how long it has been charged? It looked like it was from comparisons between Arcade's and your video. This glitch could turn out to be a great edgeguard, but it seems to situational... not to mention very difficult to pull off.

Levitas

the moon
lol, nice sig.

The glitch is cool because yoyos are glitchy for some reason, but it's not practical.

Edit: I didn't mean to imply that anyone said it was.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I think people fail to see the true effect this glitch has.

Mindgames.

Do this and your opponent (assuming they have not caught wind of it before you doing it) will be shocked, and that little bit of downtime is just enough to give you a chance to steal a stock from him.

Other than that though...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ha ha, who doesen't?

The point was me just saying it has a great shock factor, but it is very much like a magic trick.

Once you have seen it, AND debunked how it's done, it loses it's luster.

Also, 1500 post. Time for sexy party! =B

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Who cares?
Any yoyo glitch is a good glitch.
Here glitch. Good glitch.
...ignore this....

tutata

Smash Ace
Okay, everyone here has heard of the new YYG right?

If not, let me exaplin. There is a YYG in Brawl that allows you to keep Ness' yo-yo hangning out just like a little boy who doesn't know how to use a yo-yo would. He just drags it around, still completely able to do his attacks. Looks really cool.

Now to get into the more advanced stuff.

This glitch can be done by doing this.

1. Charge the usmash
2. Have anattack of greater priority go through the charg hitbox
3. Release the charge
4. Get hit before Ness puts away the yo-yo

NOTE: If an attack hits the sweetspot of the usmash (the second hitbox) the glitch is cancelled.

I have recreated this glitch many times and have avideo that I plan on posting soon.

A very easy way to do this is in training mode. Use Ness (duh) and Lucario.

1. Have Lucario fully charge an Aura sphere.
2. Charge Ness' yo-yo
3. Shoot aura sphere at Ness' chrging yo-yo so it clanks
4. Here's the tricky part. RIght after the sphere clanks with the charging hitbox, release the charge so that Ness whips the yo-yo up out of the way and the aura sphere goes through and hits him.

If done correctly, you should achieve the glitch. If you need help with the timing, set it to 1/4 speed. Also, this is most easily done in training mode because the attack decays outside of training mode making the aura sphere go away as soon as it hits the yo-yo when diminished.

Some things to know about this

Ness is completely able to do anything he normally could.
Using either yo-yo attack during the effect of this glitch ends it.
Being KOed does NOT end it.
The circle of the yo-yo stays on top of platforms if you drop through them. The string will stay with Ness and be completely detached from it. The circle also gets stuck behind obstale if Ness is somehow put between one and the yo-yo.
If you get past the objet in the way, the circle warps back to the string.
A hitbox surrounds the circle part. It is the weak hitbox and can only hit a single opponent 1 time.

I have a vid I'll post soon with a commentary. Hope you guys are interested.

BTW, what ever happened to Melee's Super yo-yo glitch?

EDIT:
TA DAAA!!!
Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoggv25pPns
Good work here sir, if you find any more info about this post it in your first post.

Top Bottom