• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On-stage Footstool-> Dair -> Rest?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I was playing around yesterday and I locked my opponent in an onstage WoP into a poorly spaced Bair. I then pressed jump again Jiggz footstooled off of them(they were bowser BTW) and I immediately Daired, after which I Naired, ending the chain. Now, had I been thinking, could I have fast-fallen into a Rest, since dair doesn't have much lag if it ends in the air.

also, did that combo only work because it was done on bowser?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
thats very possible since its actually really hard to miss a rest on bowser haha you can combo almost anything into a rest on fat characters haha

jiggers = teh fatty slayer

Nato.

Smash Cadet
Jiggly isn't necessarily a Fatty slayer since it's harder to kill an heavy character with vertical knockback

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Well, the point of this thread was, can a footstool Dair like into a rest? I know Jiggz can destroy fatties but would that work on other characters?

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
I've tried it, it works on DK and Dedede.

As for the non-fat characters, it works on Fox and Wolf but not Falco(must have something to do with his upright standing position).

It doesn't work on Snake so it killed it for me :(.

Pengy

Smash Rookie
you should prolly go try it.... if you figured it out in the first place...

rinoH

Smash Lord
it works on small characters too i tried it out in practice mode but you have to short hop footstool jump but you have to dair right when you footstool jump

xUnrealx

Smash Rookie
i just tested it on ike lvl 9 and it worked out well. it's not very easy to get into the combo though

Top Bottom