• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Outreaches

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
how would you fight someone who outreaches you by far : ike, marth, olimar etc etc

and olimar spams D-Smashes and U-Smashes

??

ive tried many times but i keep on dying at 68% because of smashes

any tips for playing players who outreach you while playing as jiggs?

Pengy

Smash Rookie
hit and run, and i mean run, like hell.... lol nah srsly, just get em when they're vulnerable, just wait for em to get too agressive and make a msistake and take the advantage and hope to get them in a WoP.....

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
What I do is take my time and be campy if I have to. Wait for them to make a mistake such as an improperly spaced aerial or smash and punish them for it. Using pound to break through is useful too, but don't abuse it since it gets predictable. As always, try mixing things up. Sometimes just a normal run into a dash attack would get them and leave them open for a while. Alternatively, run into them and shield when you predict they're going to hit. Jiggly has a short opening dash animation so she can cancel her dash into a shield relatively quickly. Hopefully, your opponent tries an attack and you either shield grab or shorthop an aerial. It all depends on the situation really.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i use fairs because they have more range. also use pound (but don't spam it) because it has long range and priority.

Top Bottom