• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash (Vid)

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
holy.crap. i can't believe noone's commented on this! =) am i missing something? oh... wait, u just posted it. =) haha, gotchu. this looks like it could be pretty big, but only for the characters that can do it.

Foxy

Smash Master
Wow... I was expecting some rehash or crawl dashing or something but this is really, really good.

Fantastic find, I play Luigi, Shiek, and Squirtle so I am definitely gonna learn this for them.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
just tried it. pretty difficult to do with sheik. i can't make it look like the vid.
luigi's is easier to do but it turns me around after the backwards momentum.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
just tried it. pretty difficult to do with sheik. i can't make it look like the vid.
luigi's is easier to do but it turns me around after the backwards momentum.
Being a Sheik main is difficult, we will get use to it, and we will adapt to this just like we are to snake dashing.

Thanks again "God is my rock" for finding this

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well it looks like wavedashing but you can't make it work like a wavedash. Can you do this as fast as WD?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Well it looks like wavedashing but you can't make it work like a wavedash. Can you do this as fast as WD?

nah, nothing will ever work like wavedashing in Melee lol.

Foxy

Smash Master
I'd also like to say that this is better, works with more characters, and has more applications than the recently discovered "wave dodge" with Peach's dtilt and Mario's ftilt.

This is just way better. Obviously wave dodging is still good since those two chars can't crawl, but I just wanted to glorify this technique a bit more because it's not getting as much attention.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Just curious, does tap jump need to be off for this? For the brief time I tried it, it seemed easier with it off.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Nice work! How would you like this information to be referenced in the sticky - an update to the definition of Crawldashing, or a separate entry? This is especially useful because it means the mechanic behind the Crawldash can be used without a jump now.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
This is really cool. It reminds me more of moonwalking than wavedashing really. Probably not going to be as useful for either but it's still pretty nice. I can see it being handy for an occasional surprise hit, especially for Yoshi's Island. Great find!

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know the mechanics behind this phenomenon, I'm trying to compile all the reasons WHY we slide in various glitches, and possibly use all the information I gather, and discover something.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Nice work! How would you like this information to be referenced in the sticky - an update to the definition of Crawldashing, or a separate entry? This is especially useful because it means the mechanic behind the Crawldash can be used without a jump now.
sure, do it any way you want to just give me some cedit

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
holy crap nice find. hahalooks like luguis slide is pretty nice. especially how fast u could put ur shield up and retreat and then attack.

what this means? campy offesive players =]

brawl ftw!

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Well Luigi cant crawl, so doesnt this technically mean all characters can do it? It just seems only useful for Luigi, since he slides so much

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Well Luigi cant crawl, so doesnt this technically mean all characters can do it? It just seems only useful for Luigi, since he slides so much
actually he can, it just doesn't look like it because he crouches like Mario.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
Tons of characters keep getting different types of slides. Looks more like character specific wavedashes. Mario has his ftilt with diddys bananas and others. Nice find though, I really like how brawl is mostly individual character AT's. The discovery rate has not died as many have said it would which is hopeful.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm going to start trying to apply this to my game with Sheik, it looks pretty useful for quick escapes or faking people out. It'll be very useful for the latter though against my friends as well as other people. Only trouble is that it'll be harder to pull off online but, I'll see if I can do it, if not then it's probably only best for me to use offline.

Nice find! Gonna see if it also works for Diddy or not too while I practice it with Sheik.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
......i dont know about this.

Its looks legit to me but I seriously doubt it can provide the same benefits Melee's wavedash did.

Like, Can it WD forward?
Can you combo out of it?
Is it able to be done continuously?
Can you turn around in the middle of it?

Judging from what I'm reading and saw, no (especially for 1).

Nice find, but I don't find it useful outside selected characters and only strictly for mind games.

Blad01

Smash Lord
That a pretty cool discovery, that could help on Yoshi's Story.

However, we will never get a new Wavedash, don't hope that ;) Sakurai decided not to put it again, so... WD is died ^^'

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
A half ***** fake wavedash will not fix the fundamentals of this game.

It will do nothing.

lol, yeah I think everyone knows that. I'm just trying to figure things out about the game to make it a little better

Top Bottom