• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread Index Zone (New to the Sonic Boards? Check Here Before Posting!)

Umby

Smash Master
*** This is a comprehensive list of noteworthy Sonic threads. These often provide you with information you may find interesting such as a full guide on playing with Sonic or the video thread. Generally, looking here for such threads will often yield answers to questions you may have in this forum, and will allow you to avoid making unnecessary posts for questions or new "discoveries" that have already been discussed. If these threads fail to meet your needs, remember that you can also use the search function. If you feel there are existing threads that you believe should be added to this list, feel free to send me a private message or post within this thread.***

Blue Blur Cinemas - Sonic Vids
by Teh Umby

An index of recorded Sonic matches for your viewing pleasure.

"Come On! Step It Up!" - Whaaat? Sonic Guide?
by darkNES386

Basically Izzy's guide v.2.

Finishing moves and setups: aka HOW TO KILL WITH SONIC?!
by Tenki

An informative guide on how Sonic can set up for gimps and kills.

Kojin's Sonic Matchup Lab
by JayBee

This project focuses on fully breaking down Sonic's matchups, from specific technique applications per matchups to videos showing effective play.

Mindgames With Sonic
by Teh Umby

A discussion on developing mindgames when using Sonic.

Sega Vs. Everyone
by BlueTerrorist

A guide and discussion on Sonic's matchups against individual characters.

Side-B and Down-B Mechanics: EXPLAINED + moar.
by Tenki

Tenki breaks down how Spin Dash and Spin Charge work for Sonic.

The Sonic Finder
by Teh Umby

An index of Sonic users made for a convenient reference. Use this to network with Sonics near you.

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide
by TwinkleToes

A list of techniques and terms that you may not be familiar with. Also includes a currently incomplete guide on gimping other characters.

Sonic Impressions. Matches, FAQ/Guide
by InterimOfZeal

Izzy's informative guide on Sonic's moves and general play style. A critical update is made in post #282.

Sonic Tournament Results
by memphischains

A thread dedicated to showing Sonic's tournament potential through a list of noteworthy tournament placings (NOT including online tournaments) of Sonic users.

-----Sonic Underground: A Community Combo Vid-----
by Napilopez

A Sonic community effort to compile a Sonic combo video. Prospected to feature our most prominent Sonic players.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Looking good, put a (post number 282*) comment under InterimOfZeal's thread. That's where we're updating/working on modifying the thread. Later when we're done/whenever Izzy wants to he can update the first post.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah. But some others are LOADED with weird things. A Lucario user apparently can check frames and has this Uber-list. We seem kind of disorganized. Sonic needs more tricks. I especially want to examine Nairs and Fairs properties. Need an Action Replay or something.

darkNES386

Smash Lord

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I have no way to get frame data. Izzy's been wanting to get stuff too I believe but it's not something I want to do without an action replay. I REALLY want to examine Hitboxes.

Umby

Smash Master
I'll make some inquiries as well. I know some guy who was trying to compete with M2k in obtaining frame data or something. Either of them had some different kind of way of doing it. I can't recall the actual situation.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Alright, after hearing back from the lucas frame guide user, Magus420 is the most knowledgeable on this. I'm kinda afraid now to give it a shot without getting flammed by someone who actually knows what they are doing. Basically... the problem with recording on slower speeds in Brawl is that they added frames to make the animation look smoother.... so yeah... the most reliable way is with capture card(possibly usb device, need to get that confirmed) and thes programs that help you mess with the video so that it's correct for counting: VirtualDub. AviSynth

Tenki

Smash Hero
change the title to something more obvious for a "useful threads" link

@.@ srsly there were like 3-5 threads recently of people either looking for tips to play Sonic or with information that was kinda... common knowledge.

[edit]
OHH OR YOU CAN ADD
"**NEW SONICS CHECK THIS FIRST**" in the title lol

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Hey Guys i notice this a wile back but i just want to put it out there ....... why dont we have Sonic combos Listed like other character fourums do??? someone should make a vid tutorial of sonic combos (attack strigs) like the one that was recently made For MK i would do it myself but i cant record for now.....

LuCKy

Smash Master
i was the first person to kill someone with sonics up b....i did it at e for all :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's pretty, but the dumber newbies aren't gonna think "hey, i should check this out before i make a stupid thread about how i can't kill" etc.

It's more like
"Thread index zone.

wut is .. thread... index? big word.

???

'hey guys i found a new technique with Sonic! when u charge downb u press jump or attack and u do a spindash except u go up!!!'

"

idiot-friendly title please ;d

Umby

Smash Master
It's a placeholder until I think of something better. I felt that if I put something like "Thread Index Zone - Sonic Resource Center" I'd be copying ZSS boards.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I know it's in the video thread, but I think you should add Sonic Orochi's video guide to this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMRTsGfy0c

If I was a newbie Sonic player looking for a guide, searching the video thread for a guide wouldn't exactly be on the top of my list.

Top Bottom