• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Smash Glitch (don't get too excited)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Terribly sorry if this is already known.

One day I was messing around with Jigglypuff in training mode in Hyrule Temple. I charged her Dsmash and found it to be kind of silly looking and so i was messing around with that. So I went up to the Snake standing to the right of the pillar in the middle of the stage and Dsmashed him and something strange happened. He froze in his "I got hit" pose for a good couple seconds (he was at 999%) Now I began messing around with percents and found out the following things.

-At about 120% you can continually dsmash and rack up 999% without your opponent being able to do a thing.
-Charging makes them freeze longer
-It is incredibly hard to set up.
-It really only works on Hyrule and custom made stages where the stage slants into a pillar and even then it doesn't work as well.

Now of course this has absolutely no impact on tournament goings and even if it did it's so incredibly hard to set up that it's not even worth using in a tournament setting.

However it's pretty fun to do in friendlies to show off, wow your friends, etc.

Again, I am sorry if this is already known, I just thought it would be interesting to share.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
So you said the only way it works is a slant into a pillars.

Someone should try this at some tourney legal levels... I'm away from wii =[

Top Bottom