• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when mine jumps kill snake?!

Dragmire

Smash Lord
we all know of the mine jump which is using the down B twice to blow snake up for an extra jump. but when is it too much for him? i've compiled the data for when it will in fact kill him.

Battlefield 144%
FD 142%
Delfino Plaza (on ground) 137% (on scenic view) 141%
starting zone 141%
the transition to the 3 pillars 139%
transition to shine sprite area 142%
transition to umbrella area 143%
transition back to start 138%
Luigi's mansion 149%
Eldin Bridge 143%

Pirate Ship (water level) 119% (floating from tornado) 133%
Norfair 146%
Friggin (lol) orpheon (Starting side) 138% (Flipped side) 140%
Yoshi's story 145%
Halberd (on deck) 140 (floating) 138 Floating approaching land 137%
Lylat cruise 143%
Pokemon Stadium II (air stage) 98% (normal or other) 141%
Spaer Pillar 158%
Castle seige (stage 1) 143% (stage 3) 140%
WarioWare Inc. 135%
Distant Planet 142%
Smashville 139%
New Pork (real pain in the ***) 192%
Summit 150%
Skyworld 152%
75M 168%
Pictochat 145%
Hannenbow 149%
Temple 187%
Yoshi's Story 128%
Corneria 133%
Green Greens 138%
Brinstar 132%
Pokemon Stadium I 143%

these next stages were either stages without downward deaths or those that wouldn't need them

Mushroom Kingdom I and II
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Port Town Aero Dive
Castle Seige Stage II
Mario Bros
Game and Watch
Green Hill Zone
Shadow Moses Island
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Onett
Big Blue

also data was compiled while being blown up at the literal bottom of the stage (even in the bubblle of off the stage) while having snake Di towards the stage where the bomb was closer to stage than snake. much more results can show up but I was bored and did this much if anyone else wants to compile the other stuff they could feel free to.

UPDATE____________________________________________________________________

now this is with the C4 away from the platform and snake closter to the platform (still at lowest point of stage)

Battlefield 156%
FD 156%
Delfino Plaza (on ground) 150% (in scenic view) 149%
Luigi's Mansion 164%
Eldin Bridge 153%
Pirate Ship (water) 133 (air) 152%
Norfair 160%
Frigate Orpheon (Starting side) 149% (Flipped side) 151%
Yoshi's Story 158%
Halberd (on deck) 156% (In Air) 154%
Lylat Cruise 159%
Pokemon Stadium II (air form) 98% (neutral or any other) 155%
Spear Pillar 172%
Castle Seige (Stage I) 154% (Stage III) 157%
WarioWare Inc. 150%
Distant Planet 159%
Smashville 150%
New Pork City (OUTRAGEOUS) 204%
Summit 159%
Skyworld 160%
75M 179%
Pictochat 155%
Temple (Weird because if you DI in you'll hit the under portion of the level so just tech it and your good)
Yoshi's Island 137%
Corneria 140%
Green Greens 150%
Brinstar 154%
Pokemon Satdium I 152%

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
Nice. At least if I try to mine recover I'll know wether to just die or not. But I have died at FD while mine jumping at 110%. Dont know how or why but I did.

napZzz

Smash Hero
NVM I'm not sure if these seem right...maybe the c4's power stales because I use it quite a bit and when I mine jump or whatev I usually dont die unless I'm above 150ish on most tournament legit stages

Dragmire

Smash Lord
now I was afraid this was going to happen it's because I did this in training mode so no stale moves but it's still pretty accurate thanks for notifying me

napZzz

Smash Hero
very true, I'd say the only different with a staled c4 is maybe lasting an extra 10-15%. Sometimes the minejump gets me stage spiked though (final destination)...

Hostility

Smash Ace
Pretty useless list. C4 into stage tech is basic in the snake metagame, nobody should be getting killed by C4 recoveries PERIOD.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Pretty useless list. C4 into stage tech is basic in the snake metagame, nobody should be getting killed by C4 recoveries PERIOD.
Ummm I dont really see too many people doing that. The only time I usually use this is If I get stuck on the fd lip or somehow end up not being able to come back. I'm sorry that when I'm at 140-150% I dont have the split second timing to tech against the stage.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Ummm I dont really see too many people doing that. The only time I usually use this is If I get stuck on the fd lip or somehow end up not being able to come back. I'm sorry that when I'm at 140-150% I dont have the split second timing to tech against the stage.
The timing takes about 30 minutes to get down. me, psycho ******, and every other half decent snake has been doing this for months. You're making this seem like it's much harder to do than it really is.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've never tried it before and have just seen psycho ****** do it in that video. I dont have a wii so I dont get to sit and practice these things, I just get to go sit and play at my friends houses. So you think my snake is bad eh???? Guaruntee I'd whup your ***

Hostility

Smash Ace
I've never tried it before and have just seen psycho ****** do it in that video. I dont have a wii so I dont get to sit and practice these things, I just get to go sit and play at my friends houses. So you think my snake is bad eh???? Guaruntee I'd whup your ***
I don't have a wii either, I have friends who I can practice with. And I wasn't calling your snake bad, I'm just saying that C4 to stage tech is basic snake play. And I highly doubt you're better than me.

napZzz

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wait 1 sec...I ran out of breathe..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What makes you so much better than me? You have no idea what my skill level is, you just know that once I stage spiked myself trying to mine jump and I never thought about teching against the stage. I'm not sure about snake v snake but I'll kill yours with g&w and a few other characters

Hostility

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wait 1 sec...I ran out of breathe..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What makes you so much better than me? You have no idea what my skill level is, you just know that once I stage spiked myself trying to mine jump and I never thought about teching against the stage. I'm not sure about snake v snake but I'll kill yours with g&w and a few other characters
I actually have a tournament record and I find people with those normally don't trash talk themselves stupid like you are.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Oooooooooooooooooo lets see em then. And I luv to trash talk. So your the kind of person that takes trash talk and insults all cool and calm to seem like the better person eh? I'm sorry that I dont have time to go to tournaments everywhere because a)school is going on b)I have no license c)cant get a ride d)there are'nt very many tournaments in my area. I could probably have tourney wins too if I could be able to go to more. The only ones hosted near me are crappy game stop ones with default characters random stages and they keep items on and I dont go to those.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Oooooooooooooooooo lets see em then. And I luv to trash talk. So your the kind of person that takes trash talk and insults all cool and calm to seem like the better person eh? I'm sorry that I dont have time to go to tournaments everywhere because a)school is going on b)I have no license c)cant get a ride d)there are'nt very many tournaments in my area. I could probably have tourney wins too if I could be able to go to more. The only ones hosted near me are crappy game stop ones with default characters random stages and they keep items on and I dont go to those.
Well since you don't have a tournament record, and that's how the community judges skill, then I guess I'm the better player then. And don't bother making excuses about why you don't go, I don't care why you don't go. But if I were you I'd shut my mouth because if you don't have any sort of tournament record, I seriously doubt how much authority you have to go trash talking around the boards saying you're better than people when you have no idea how good you really are.

Go to a tournament, place well, do that a lot just as I have, then come back here and start trash talking me and saying you're better. Then I'll only think you're an ***hole rather than an ***hole who probably sucks at the game.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Hostility: 1 -NaPPy : 0

I found this very useful, though on battlefield I tend to tech the bottom part to cypher up.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
This is nice. Now I know that I can still live if (in general) I C4 bomb jump at most with 120% damage lol.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
There is plenty of useless knowledge in the world. Look at the tabloids. This table is right up there in uselessness because this should never happen to you.
What I meant is the hidden potential it could have Like pit's arrow loop or other such things. and yes I tech all the time this is just something for me to do when I'm bored

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
why usually arnt at the buble bottom of the stage so maybe u should incorperate that because i was like wtf these numbers are really high lol good work tho!

u should see this one vid midgits snake techs 4 mines off battlefield

Hostility

Smash Ace
Btw, sorry for hijacking the topic TC. Anyway it just occured to me that this isn't all useless. The battleship halberd and delphino info is useful since you can't tech the moving part of the stage. and I'm sure that I'm forgetting some other stages. Btw for stages like halbred and delphino, what part of the stage did you test this on since each transition has different boundaries.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
well I tested it on the get go potrion of the stage but the other results are

starting zone 141%
the transition to the 3 pillars 139%
transition to shine sprite area 142%
transition to umbrella area 143%
transition back to start 138%

I know I'm probably missing some but thats the gist of it as for halberd it's all the same except when you approach the ship you die 1% earlier

Top Bottom