• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite jumping & Superjump. Added Video!

bigman40

Smash Master
Yeah, it's what the title says. This link shows how to do it. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172824

It's identical to the bowser infinite, but it's harder due to the timing and yoshi's big DJ. I'm forced to fastfall my aerials to get the effect. Maybe this can help yoshi's metagame. out a little.

For the infinite, do a quick DJ from the ground. Time your aerial to where the animation of the aerial ends just before landing, and just before the animation ends, buffer a DJ. If done right, this will give you another DJ and you'll have to repeat the process at timing the aerial.
If you guys want a video of it. I'll attempt to make one with yoshi doing it. BTW, every character that can autocancel atks can do this.

Edit: Superjump

This method I found last night gives yoshi a super jump. If you SH a U-air/B-air, and DJ a rising airdodge, you can DJ again from the top of that jump (if done right, you can do it from any spot, but don't land on the ground again). This greatly enhances yoshi's ability to edgeguard, and chase opponents further into the air. Plus, it'll make it easier to get around spammers cause the super jump covers more than the stage, and from the top of a DJ, you can use a D-air (no fastfall) and land on the ground with no zero lag.

What's happening is that when yoshi's aerial is ending and you DJ, you're tricking the game to make it think that you're in both the ground, and the air. The game gives you a DJ after the aerial, but regards that jump as a grounded jump. So it allows you to jump again higher in the air.

Here's the video!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GUX5cf5VQNY

This is the download for it. Much better quality

http://hosted.filefront.com/bigman40/

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hm. Interesting. Man, all these air tricks coming out.

Alright, ladies. Time to get to work and see if this is useful.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Scatz. And yes, a video would be pretty cool.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Waaaaaaaa??!?!?!/!1

Oh man, as someone that abuses the hell out of Bowser's infinite jump, this is relevant to my interests.

Also, imagine a wall of pain with Infinite jump, roflroflrofl.

Edit: I tested it for a while, can't say I know what I'm doing or if I'm doing it right until I confirm it with someone else's video. From what I can tell it will be good for buffered landings, but Yoshi's lag-time on landing is so minimal that it may not be extremely useful.

Anyway, time will tell, always excited about new stuff like this.

D

Deleted member

Wow thats neat, but i dont understand how its done. So u can like fair, fastfall, double jump and aerial again or somethin =/ Scat can u get a vid or tell me how to do it or soemthing.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
hi scat!
You trying to find out everything about Yoshi huh? >.>

Depster

Smash Champion
i can inconsistently do it with a fastfalled Dair, and I can see the possibilities, but this is going to take way longer to learn than wavedashing... But I guess this is Brawl's wavedash, and Yoshi now rules the world because of his super armor! =p

bigman40

Smash Master
I;ve done it with all of yoshi's aerials. I've gotten the N-air infinite about 3 times in a row now. I'll get that vid up soon.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm starting to find some really interesting stuff now. I can SH a b-air, do a rising airdodge DJ (w/o touching the ground), then as I come down, I can do the infinite with much better timing. This might really be something good to think about because we can use yoshi's air speed, and utilize all his aerials while doing the infinite jump. If people are going to attempt this when I get a vid out, make sure you can time the jump at the end of yoshi's atks (push the jump button just before the aerial animation ends). I'm currently trying to find the margin of error with this way.

I'll start the recording process tuesday. I'm busy later today.

EDIT: Yes he can. The timing on the older way is very tight. You have to DJ, do your aerial JUST before landing (all animation from the aerial must be done), then just before the aerial finishes, jump again. The jump comes again when you make the game think that you're on the ground and in the air at the same time. If you see clouds, then you haven't done it right. I'll explain it more when I get the video up.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
This is really difficult... I've been trying for a while now, I got nothing.

Just curious, but is there any chance I could meet you online and have you demonstrate for me to see what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to become a master with Yoshi, and this is one thing I'd love to try getting down.

Depster

Smash Champion
So then with yoshi's super armor double jump, we can theoretically be in a constant super armor if we aren't attacking?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Nah, the jump goes pretty high if I'm not mistaking. The super armor doesn't cover the entirety of a double jump.

But it will definitely still be applicable in that regard if your timing is pro as hell.

bigman40

Smash Master
@ Sportsfan: After I get the video out, if you are still having trouble with it, then I'll help you (hopefully I can do it in lag).

@Depster: You'll only be in the heavy armor when you're traveling upwards.

This method I found last night gives yoshi a super jump. If you SH a U-air/B-air, and DJ a rising airdodge, you can DJ again from the top of that jump (if done right, you can do it from any spot, but don't land on the ground again). This greatly enhances yoshi's ability to edgeguard, and chase opponents further into the air. Plus, it'll make it easier to get around spammers cause the super jump covers more than the stage, and from the top of a DJ, you can use a D-air (no fastfall) and land on the ground with no zero lag.

What's happening is that when yoshi's aerial is ending and you DJ, you're tricking the game to make it think that you're in both the ground, and the air. The game gives you a DJ after the aerial, but regards that jump as a grounded jump. So it allows you to jump again higher in the air.

For the infinite, do a quick DJ from the ground. Time your aerial to where the animation of the aerial ends just before landing, and just before the animation ends, buffer a DJ. If done right, this will give you another DJ and you'll have to repeat the process at timing the aerial.

@Scarlet: you're right about that, but also think about the SWD that samus had in melee. Phanna practically mastered this, so we can master this one with enough practice. I can see this being as a replacement for the mindgamez that the DJC from melee gave. Yoshi's speed, heavy armor, and change in direction in the DJ can give a even better advantage to yoshi. Or at least make him better in standards.

I edited the OP and i'll add in the video tuesday.

Frown

poekmon
Yeah, it's what the title says. This link shows how to do it. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172824

It's identical to the bowser infinite, but it's harder due to the timing and yoshi's big DJ. I'm forced to fastfall my aerials to get the effect. Maybe this can help yoshi's metagame. out a little.

If you guys want a video of it. I'll attempt to make one with yoshi doing it. BTW, every character that can autocancel atks can do this.

Edit: Superjump

Am I getting this... Yoshi can double jump TWICE?

bigman40

Smash Master
rofl, yep! But if you don't time the DJ to trick the game, then you can't do it. I killed myself a few times attempting to edgeguard cause I thought I had done it right.

bigman40

Smash Master
Not to my knowledge, no. You can't do it in midair cause you can't make the game think that yoshi is on the ground and in the air at the same time. If somone finds a way to make that happen then I'll give them kudos to that. Other than that, This enhances his killing potential in the air, his edgeguarding game, and maybe enable a easier approach to spammers such as wolf, pit, pika, falco, and any other projectile spammer.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't see why you can't do it in lag. I can do the Bowser infinite in lag. Tested that with a friend last night. Got a little curious.

So, about how Yoshi does this. When Yoshi pulls it off, does Yoshi get the Super Armor ability for the Yoshi infinite? Or is that only for the DJ/2nd Jump itself?

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I haven't attempted to do it in lag yet cause the infinite is hard to pull off, and yes, he should have the heavy armor for every jump.

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
This is some exciting info. If this technique is viable in high level play this could help evolve Yoshi's metagame big time. I won't have time to test this today but I will when i get the chance.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
That's just too insane. I need to master this, after getting it down first. lol. With Bowser it's his over B, jump, and repeat. Though, I can't figure out how to do the infinite with Yoshi...

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Hey Big, it works with neutral B and up b too not just a aerials.. =)

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Yeah, I pulled off a couple of neutral-B infinite-jumps, but I can't even fathom what this Super-Jump is, haha.

I guess I'll wait for the video tomorrow. Grats on the find, man.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Sounds amazing ;D
I might start picking Yoshi up again if this proves to be good.
I still use him, but as a fourth backup.

Yagi

Smash Ace
Great find. Definitely going to be a standard technique for every Yoshi main.

And the best thing about the technique is you do it straight from the ground. I find it the easiest if you use up to jump then immediately double jump with X or Y and airdodge. You get much more height than your standard single and double jump.

It will definitely be the optimal way to chase to the top of the screen.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Here's what I've found about the SJ.

It's quite a bit easier for me to rising-air-dodge after an aerial and then double-jump again. Don't ask me why. It's also extremely snazzy-looking.

Socks, if you're still around, get back on AIM and I can walk you through it (or we can try to get on WiFi)

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Infinite jumping doesn't really stick out to me, I play online all the time, and being able to jump consecutively isn't a big deal for Yoshi.

The double super jump looks incredibly though, do you acually jump twice? That would help lots. Could you explain what happens? You double jump twice?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
post up a vid so i get get a visual and if this works its a break through

and at th risk of sounding like a noob what is DJ?

bigman40

Smash Master
DJ = double jump.

For you late nighters, the vid is uploading as we speak. Stay online for about 20 more minutes and i'll have it up.

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
could you explain the applications of such a technique. i understand what it does, but how exactly can it be used to gain an advantage over the opponent?

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm not fully aware of the infinite's usefulness. I'm pretty sure that if someone masters the infinite, then they can apply it in a match. For now, it's a ? until someone masters it.

The Superjump can be used to gimp people into the background. You can chase your opponents further out to gimp better. This can be used to get over spamming. This is my opinion though. so you'll have to try using them before you ask now. No one has really had time to incorporate this yet.

EDIT: I updated the OP with the link to the vid and a download to the vid.

Top Bottom