• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Smashers - Looking for some fresh new face?

viciouz

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and recently discovered it after having my a$$ handed to me in two local tournaments :laugh: .

I realized there is a huge gap in my skill in fighting other characters that I'm not accustomed too. I am also tired of just messing around with the same people who use the same characters over and over again.

Does anyone here in Irvine want to get together on a weekly basis and just smash for a few hours at a time?

If so, please post up, and I'll try to get something started. Like a huge contact list and we can start by having the first session hosted at my place, and then on we can just switch it around.

1. Viciouz
2. Luigithebutcher
3. vip0911
4. j4pu
5. likquidpopx
6. shmooguy
7. donte
8. frozenserpent
9. Silmarien
etc

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind, but I have a tight schedule and don't even have the ability to go to tourneys cuz I work on Saturdays. I guess you can put my name down, but I am busy

Thursday&Friday 6-9
Saturday 1-9
Sunday 11-5

So if you guys decide to do something at a different time or are having an STD then I could show up.

viciouz

Smash Cadet
Well I was thinking we do something like Tuesday nights and sunday nights every week. But as more people join, hopefully we can work something out.

1. Viciouz (Irvine, by UCI)
2. LuigiTheButcher

viciouz

Smash Cadet
what about pyschomidget? I saw heard people talking about him at the tourny today, but no idea about who he actually is.

vip0911

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't have a problem as long as I'm not busy at whatever time it is. I really need the sonic practice. I'm pretty sure I was at the same two tournies you mentioned viciouz bahaha.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
what about pyschomidget? I saw heard people talking about him at the tourny today, but no idea about who he actually is.
he usually wears green. usually. lol. i did not go this time. sorry.

plus i am up for smash anytime after my finals and move in to my apartment. lol. STDs anyone this summer?

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Maybe everyone should post the times they aren't busy...>.>

Honeslty I would like to do it at my house but I have no room really to put some tvs and stuff. My garage is packed.

likquidpopx

Smash Rookie
i'm in santa ana but i wouldn't mind meeting up for some friendlies in irvine every while

i need way more practice cause i suck QQ

vip0911

Smash Cadet
I am currently free on tuesdays, thursdays, fridays in the afternoon, saturdays, and sundays. That could change during the summer though.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Once school is done (on the 13th) I'll be back in Irvine.

If anyone wants to smash with me (Kira, if that name makes a difference) I'd be more than willing.

Also I'm assuming you guys play Brawl.

DonTe

Smash Cadet
viciouz: you should edit your first post with the list instead of making new posts. Makes it easier for people who come to the thread so they dont have to scroll through all these random posts.

Kira: Speaking of random posts, you have a total of 1336 posts as of now. Not quite leet yet.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Once school is done (on the 13th) I'll be back in Irvine.

If anyone wants to smash with me (Kira, if that name makes a difference) I'd be more than willing.

Also I'm assuming you guys play Brawl.
Wow. Once school is done, i'll be back at norcal from uci.

But, yeah, i'd be willing to smash melee or brawl, although I'll be leaving on the 14th.

viciouz

Smash Cadet
I've edited the list... I am thinking sometime monday night or tuesday night next week we can do a brawl meet at my house. My garage has plenty of room, just need a few more tv's and a few more wii's.

That is if a majority of the people aren't too busy.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I've edited the list... I am thinking sometime monday night or tuesday night next week we can do a brawl meet at my house. My garage has plenty of room, just need a few more tv's and a few more wii's.

That is if a majority of the people aren't too busy.
Sadly I have early finals on Tuesday and Wednesday
and other "bad" news I'll be leaving Irvine for the summer; although I live in Torrance so only a 30 minute drive away, might come by once or twice for some good smash on weekends only due to working full-time.

Anyway next year if things go well I'll get more involved in this for sure.

vip0911

Smash Cadet
Dang I'm not sure if I can make anything next week actually. Lots of finals, and after I'm all done with that I'm getting my wisdom teeth ripped out of my mouth.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yup can't do anything next week either cause it is finals week. my last final is thursday but i am going home for a week and then moving into my apartment.

viciouz

Smash Cadet
I will probably still hold the event even if there is a small tournout.

Also if anyone wants to play ahead of time and doesn't have anyone, msg me on AIM: viciouzreddragon .

I am usually down to play everynight and sometimes throughout the days because I got nothing better to do.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Cameron, you smash with new people but you never tell me you wanna play smash with me :(

viciouz

Smash Cadet
who wants to do a mini meet then... just like 3 or 4 people. In the mean time we can then plan something bigger later

likquidpopx

Smash Rookie
i'm still down for a mini meet jay
you just gotta let me know when and where
and chances are i'll be there

if i have work beforehand i'll bring us some leftovers
i work at starbucks :laugh:

Silmarien

Smash Cadet
Put me on the list; I live in Lake Forest, it's borderline with Irvine. I might be able to bring a few friends along too. Name's Anthony by the way. Waiting a few weeks til school is over would be cool too...

@likquidpopx
you work at Starbucks huh? I work at Coffee Bean! We are rivals!! hahaha xD

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I think I'd come to a mini meet if a decent numbet comes maybe like 4 or 5 and if its not on at the same time as the NBA finals.

I'd be willing to bring food too if its cool to have food at your house, hell I'll bring drinks too. =P

Sorry I am just starving right now and want to eat anything fast food >.<

Where is Psychomidget! He's always hungry!

Hey which Starbuck and Coffee Bean do you guys work at? Oh yah and if you guys wanna try any games just come down to the store

viciouz

Smash Cadet
Aite, so first Mini Meet will be June 11th, Wednesday Night from like 7pm to 12pm. I am only expecting about 3 to 5 people to show up, however, more the merrier.

I have 2 TV's already, just need another wii.

Let me know if you want to come and I'll PM you my address and phone number.

1. Viciouz (+3 Roommates)

Silmarien

Smash Cadet
I work at a really old Coffee Bean that's inside the Laguna Hills Mall. It's a great place to work though; my coworkers are awesome and it's really chill. But the problem is that we get a bunch of angry old customers because we're right next to Leisure World. x_x

@viciouz
Not sure if I can make it there because of work and studying, but I'll see if I can work it out.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
It seems I will be good so far, but I am taking summer school so if I have a test or anything I probably wont make it but I think I am good, I will bring a Wii too if I come.

viciouz

Smash Cadet
sweet so far its...

1. Viciouz (+3 Roommates)
2. Vip0911
3. LuigiTheButcher (+ wii)

Top Bottom