• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transformation priorities and transformation times

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
Didn't see this anywhere in the PT boards, apologies if this has been discovered.

I found an interesting Youtube video the other day, concerning transformations (For Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer). The main point of the video is that of priority. If several players transform at the same time, the lower number controller port (i.e. P1 lower than P2, P2 lower than P3, etc.) will finish the transformation first. The video in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpevUdayiNY&feature=related

Pokemon Trainer is the second portion of the video. However, while watching the video, I noticed that the transformation time for turning into Zelda is noticeably shorter than that of transforming into Sheik. Based on that, I looked closely for the individual Pokemon transformations.

If you look closely at PT portion of the video, you may notice something. Keep in mind however that the right most Pokemon (that is, the lower controller port, in this case), will always come first, so we'll be looking mostly at the time in between each transformation completion. The first round of transformations has an equal time between each, nothing of note here. However, the second round has Charizard emerging very quickly after Squirtle, and Ivysaur emerging comparatively slower. In the final round, Squirtle emerges a comparatively long time after Ivysaur , and Charizard emerges quite quickly.

Looking at this, it seems like Charizard has the fastest transformation time, with Ivysaur coming second, and Squirtle having the longest. The first round also supports this theory, it goes in the order of fastest to slowest anyways, and the difference between them, if there is one, is likely the same.

Seeing as I don't have a Wii handy, it would be great if someone else could perhaps test individual timing, and possibly record it.

tl;dr Transforming into Charizard is faster than Ivysaur, and into Ivysaur faster than into Squirtle.

Thoughts? Comments? Debunks? Please discuss.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
well i found that ivysaur to zard is the fastest, zard to squirtle is the slowest, and squirtle to ivysaur is well, medium speed

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to say what Fearmy said. Dang.

Pokemon Switching speed from fastest to slowest:

(1) Ivysaur -> Charizard
(2) Squirtle -> Ivysaur
(3) Charizard -> Squirtle

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle takes so long to come out because Red has to throw his Pokeball behind his back. Watch closely.

Top Bottom