• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's chain recovery cancel

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
It's obvious but I never see anyone use it...

So we all know and love the ridiculously fast chain recovery (well... maybe we do), and we also know that once you have grabbed the edge you have a small amount of lag before you can attack/roll/ledgehop/whatever.

Well here's a little 'should-be-obvious' trick to use with sheik as a mix up to catch your opponent's off guard. Often times your opponent will see you're chain come out and they will realize theres a short moment where you cannot attack so they will react accordingly... Now a fun/effective(situationally) thing I like to do while recovering (only only only if you still have your second jump for obvious reasons) is this: use your chain to grab the edge - don't press up or a or... well.. anything other than down. Hopefully you already know this but pressing down will cause you to release your grapple - I believe this is the case with any character with a tether. So you've grappled the edge which causes your opponent to think they have a brief moment - but rather than grabbing onto the edge immediately you cancel the grapple and double jump to the stage with an aerial. It's more tricksy than it sounds and hits more often than not. Be careful though - if you don't have that double jump you're going to die because of the aerial.

So basically you chain, cancel the chain by pressing down, double jump, then aerial. If you want to be really tricksy you can double jump and barely land on the stage and lead into some tilts or a grab or even a quick smash attack.

Not really gamebreaking but it's something I hadn't seen discussed so there you have it.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yes! I have experimented with this in training mode, I thought nobody would care. It actually is useful when I do it with samus believe it or not. They react when you do this every once in a while. Just be careful, its disasterous if you get edgehogged.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Oh sweet! Good trick Gimpyfish. Gotta save that double jump sometimes for this, but it's great.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Smash is always more rewarding when you own your opponent in the most audacious way possible. I have to practice this one.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I find myself beginning to use Zelda/Sheik more recently, so this is a nice trick. Would be fun to use in reality more than online, just because of the expressions of friends and opponents faces. Hahaha. I need to try this out for myself.

Top Bottom