• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charity Event for MS (We're back and not procrastinating this time)

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
After a year of originally planning the event, we finally got off of our ***** and got **** together. We were finally presented with a better opportunity, with people who actually cared about helping us get the event together.

First, for those that do not know what MS (Multiple Sclerosis) is, I suggest looking here:
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/what-is-ms/index.aspx

So, here's the deal.

This tourny is now going to be in Williamsburg, Virginia
We're looking to have it around sometime in August, as an end-of-summer type thing.
It will consist of both Melee AND Brawl. We're thinking about one or two other games, but for now we're just sticking with the best.

Williamsburg is a very popular tourist city in Virginia; they have Water Country and Busch Gardens, as well as other little places that tourists would usually go to. Since the smash community is one big family, perhaps before, or after, the tournament, we can all go somewhere and enjoy ourselves; you know, make an awesome trip out of it.
For those who would be traveling (if we get any), we're going to attempt to get a deal with a hotel that'll be relatively close to the venue. Remember, the more of you guys you stack in a room, the cheaper everything turns out for everyone individually. :D So bring as many people as you can.

If you have any questions, please be sure to PM either Messi or myself.
This event is happening this summer as we're about 98% sure we have a venue as well as people working with us to get it going this time around.

Also, we're looking to sell those rubber wristbands (e.g breast cancer) that say "Gaming For Cures". We're not sure on colors yet, but we'll be looking to sell them for $2 each. Would any of you guys buy these? Let Messi or myself know.

Now, lets seriously get this **** going. PM me if you're 100% sure you can go, I'll start writing down the names of players who are going. Tell me if you can bring setup(s). We're not sure on entry fee yet, probably the standard at $10 for singles, $20 for doubles ($10 for each player on the team). Those who bring setups will DEFINITELY get a discount, probably half off the entry fee and so on.

-Nòx

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a great idea, too bad I live in Texas. :(

Best of luck to you guys on getting this going and having a huge turnout. I'm sure you will.

D1

Banned via Administration
D1 likes to help ppl in need...

...cuz a friend in need is a friend in deed.

One more thing...

...I'm the best mayne...I Deeeed it.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Just updating this a bit please remember this will take months to get off the ground but stay patient and we will try to update you on this as much as possible.

Currently on the phone with the Montel Williams Foundation for MS research as a possible backing for this event.

Also please Put the link in your Sig as have I maybe spreading the word or on your myspace's and away messages.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Tell you what. I'm going to be in northern VA for MAGFest this New Year's. Make this happen around the 1st, and I'll definitely come. :laugh:

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
agreed ryan...MARIO KART WII IS CHEAP..... F**K BLUE SHELL BOMBING AND LIGHTING BOLT GIMPGS OF THE STAGE

shiroimin

Smash Rookie
I definitely support this great idea as I know 3 people with MS. Although I live in NJ, about an hour away, and work every day, I will make time just for this.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Way to show support guys, lets keep it up.
I'll be updating the first post as we get more stuff sorted out.

Again, if there's any questions, feel free to contact either Messiano (Messina89@gmail.com) or myself (PetrSykora17@gmail.com), we'll get back to you ASAP.

-Nox`

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
theres a very high chance id go, and if i did i would come with about 5 others (3 of which dont go to smashboards)

archkronus

Smash Rookie
I support something like this and even though I am in Michigan, Messi, Imma try to make it :) GL with it all

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Update

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
UPDATE​
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::​
Okay, Looking into venues it seems very likely that we are going to get a high school to host this makes sense its local easy to find can hold all of us and will have many different seating arrangements making it easy to find what you are looking for (gaming stations).

Also I posted a bit of info to Philip DeFranco also known as Sxephil on Youtube hopefully he will include us in a post and promote this further.

And if we do get a high school since it is public property but being run by a different group of people we might have to ask for waiver forms so if someone falls and dies in shear excitement of spiking someone off the ledge we cannot be held responsible.

When we find out anything else we will let you know thanks for the Continued support

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
UPDATE​
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::​
Okay, Looking into venues it seems very likely that we are going to get a high school to host this makes sense its local easy to find can hold all of us and will have many different seating arrangements making it easy to find what you are looking for (gaming stations).

Also I posted a bit of info to Philip DeFranco also known as Sxephil on Youtube hopefully he will include us in a post and promote this further.

And if we do get a high school since it is public property but being run by a different group of people we might have to ask for waiver forms so if someone falls and dies in shear excitement of spiking someone off the ledge we cannot be held responsible.

When we find out anything else we will let you know thanks for the Continued support
sounds good... DeFranco is pretty **** funny btw xD

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
We have registered a team for the relay for life cancer walk in Brooklyn, NY

Me Nox Bum Pi3 and a few others are attending if you would like to join

Message me on AIM : Messiindamind

Or Email : Messina89@gmail.com

It is 10$ to register.... Don,t be turned off by 10$ people.. it goes to cancer research.

Top Bottom