• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dragonic Reverse" -- Yoshi Can Wavedash!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Testing presently.

Someone snatch this from PooTube before it gets taken down like the last one, please. >_<

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Yoshi specific? This looks very interesting for mindgames. Acually, DR (or w/e we call it) to down smash looks like it has good potential as a standard move for Yoshi.

Edit: rewatching itthe Yoshi is jumping. Dash--jump--smash? Jump would have to be after dash to cancel the dash frames but before Yoshi is airborne so he can "overide" it via smash. This will probably require percise timing.

=\

kangaroo

Smash Cadet
when i first saw this i thought it was showing the technique that samuraipanda found a while ago, the one where you take advantage of IASA frames during skidding, and also stutter-stepping.

I like how the uploader doesn't say anything about how to do this. :/
well he probably doesn't know enough english to explain it

Shiri said:
Testing presently.

Someone snatch this from PooTube before it gets taken down like the last one, please. >_<
i wouldn't worry about it, karamity is not selfish like fumi >_<

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm sure there was a reason Fumi took the last one down, since all the others that were up are up still.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Um, is it when Yoshi does a double jump the moment after he leaves the ground, and the slight dip in his double jump puts him on the ground again?

I don't have a Wii so I can't test it... but he could do that in Melee, couldn't he?

I could be completely wrong. *shrug*

Sweet move though. If my theory is right, Yoshi has the best pseudo WD ever.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh, it's clearly a DJL, the problem is that we haven't been able to replicate this in Brawl so far.

Unless my timing is that far off, which I hope it's not, there is some method of canceling taking place here.

And yes, sliding DJL is looking like it can be for the victory.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
uhguhguhg lol >_> I spend hours in training mode.. why cant I ever discover sheet like this!! hooray for more yoshi techs!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh the guy is clearly double jumping.. u can see the jump waves..

bigman40

Smash Master
Do you actually think it can be done in 1 or so frames? I've been trying it in 1/4 mode, but i'm unsuccessful. I keep getting a full DJ.

@chokenater, it won't work. The DJ always makes you go in the air

Could it be that a DJ to aerial is making him stay on the ground? I've done a really small waveland where an aerial canceled my DJ

D

Deleted member

I did this twice while trying, im not sure how. It would seem to be a really quick DJL with momentum, thats how i got it to work.

bigman40

Smash Master
Found it out. In 1/4 mode, if you use your DJ and an aerial BEFORE you get off the ground, you'll get the cancel. The timing is VERY fast cause you have to have the moves done before the jump happens.

bigman40

Smash Master
It might not be too hard since we can change our controls around. I'm doing it with the CC with only one jump button (x). So the timing is very fast for me

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Bigman just did. Because he's that good.

Scatz, you are far too good at this. Good job.

I'm going to keep trying to see if there are other ways to cancel this, perhaps. Who knows? Other people should try as well, as I don't get too many chances to get a hold of a copy of Brawl.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
:yoshi: Bigman just did. Because he's that good.

Scatz, you are far too good at this. Good job.

I'm going to keep trying to see if there are other ways to cancel this, perhaps. Who knows? Other people should try as well, as I don't get too many chances to get a hold of a copy of Brawl.
Well, since all this involves is jump jump attack really fast, I don't think it could get any easier.

bigman40

Smash Master
1. jump
2. BEFORE you jump, use your DJ and use an aerial immediately after that.
3. Slow the game down, cause the movement is too fast to get it down in normal if you're not used to the speed.

XP Thx Shiri. I just noticed that he was screwing up in the vid when he got SH aerials. Plus, I thought about the mini waveland that burn told me about. I figured he was using that waveland to get the cancel.

BTW, I switched to L=jump and I can do it consistenly (not as far though) in 2/3 speed

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
It's a bit hard to pull off just because Yoshi advances with such a high DJ. If his DJ weren't so high it'd be easier, but then that'd mean his recovery would be worse.

Great, I suck at wavedashing. xD

bigman40

Smash Master
No...Yoshi's inital jump speed is fast enough to make the input insanely fast. It's not about how high he can do it. It's about getting those inputs in quick enough before his jumps can initiate

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I've been practicing it in normal speed, and I've been able to do it a few times using two fingers (lol) but not just one. I've noticed that if I do it too fast, the double jump won't come out and I just get a SH Nair.

bigman40

Smash Master
I found out the incorrect reasons that can happen while doing it.

1. If you SH and aerial, then you pushed the atk button before your DJ was pushed
2. If you do a DJ only, you failed to get the aerial buffered
3. If you do a rising aerial, you failed to push the aerial before the jump

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I'm a bit confused with this. I'm supposed to stay on the ground after using a Double Jump, correct? The way I do this is by using an Aerial IMMEDIATELY after the Double Jump. Though, I'm a bit confused by what happens after you succeed. You just land or do you attack normally?

bigman40

Smash Master
When you do your aerial after your DJ, you're supposed to land back on the ground. After you get it down, you can start moving around with it, and it makes a little wavedash out of it.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
It would be a lot easier if Nintendo made the X and Y buttons work independently from each other. Then you could do something like (sliding your fingers) Y>X>aerial. Right now, doing that just results in one jump. I've done stuff like X>X>aerial at normal speeds, but since the timing has to be AT LEAST close to 1 frame, I only get it about 1/10 tries.

Pretty hardcore stuff.

kangaroo

Smash Cadet
The DR (is this what we're calling it?) is canceling your DJ by using an aerial to get a makeshift wavedash
the video title has been changed to "dragonic reverse", it makes more sense but it still sounds like a mistranslation. :laugh:

Shiri said:
I'm sure there was a reason Fumi took the last one down, since all the others that were up are up still.
fumi knew that video was linked to on smashboards and it seemed he wanted to remove it before the techniques could be figured out. But people on the yoshi boards were too smart and quick and discovered them despite having the video removed. fumi later deleted his whole youtube account and wrote on his blog about how he was angry that "foreigners" had copied his techniques. he may have seen bigman's video and wasn't too happy about it xD.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
the video title has been changed to "dragonic reverse", it makes more sense but it still sounds like a mistranslation. :laugh:

fumi knew that video was linked to on smashboards and it seemed he wanted to remove it before the techniques could be figured out. But people on the yoshi boards were too smart and quick and discovered them despite having the video removed. fumi later deleted his whole youtube account and wrote on his blog about how he was angry that "foreigners" had copied his techniques. he may have seen bigman's video and wasn't too happy about it xD.
wo wo wo are we talking about bigmans super jump vid and how is fumi related to this.

ive been on vacation and im lost from the yoshi boards

Top Bottom