• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is dead, look for the new matchup thread. Be sure to read the rules.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
One of the most annoying things about this matchup from Snake's perspective, is MK's grab game. At low percents, it's mainly his throws that set Snake up for gimps and edgeguarding and it doesn't help that MK's dash grab is incredibly ********, so he can get those grabs pretty easily.

Personally, I don't find it that difficult to deal with MK's standard zoning game, since we have formidable range and priority of our own and nades, so it's his grabs I want to be most cautious of.

MK's love to dashgrab. Against dashing MKs there are three options that I prefer:
1. Dash Attack into Mortar Slide.
2. Pivot Grab.
3. A simple spot dodge

Three solid, diverse options.

There's obviously a lot more that could be said on this subject, but i'll end it here for now. I feel like securing a win against a MK becomes substantially easier, the less I get grabbed.

-Ran

Smash Master
SDI the throws down, tech the stage at mid percents. At super low percents, SDi up and away and you'll be out of the range of any of his moves.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
SDI the throws down, tech the stage at mid percents. At super low percents, SDi up and away and you'll be out of the range of any of his moves.
Yes, this is generally what I do. We're still left at a pretty annoying positional advantage though.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
snake and MK are 50-50.

i have reasons but I wont share them.....their mine all mine.
1 of the reasons is a little grab release trick thats an auto kill at 139%

Top Bottom