• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Does fogo think srsc@ makes it too obvious he's a /b/tard? Does the constant spouting of memes make him seem like a new ***? if anon is truly anon, should they stay anon?

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I saw rage at a guitar place signing his little brother up for lessons.

Brawl can't compete with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pfz1796eXQ
I saw rage shaking a baby at a pizza hut. Sad thing is that Brawl really can't compete with that.
Who's with us?
Gigapoot has decided they will attend. Dallas crew battle?
anybody want FOGO'S OPINION?????????????????!?!?!?!?!
Much love. Character bans? We had a couple melee tournaments with character bans and I dug them all. You shouldn't be able to go through a whole tournament with one character and it could mix up the results at the just below the top. I don't think it would really change up the top rankings.

Bwett

Smash Ace
anybody want FOGO'S OPINION?????????????????!?!?!?!?!
What do you really think about my Yoshi? Do you think that I can fulfill my half of our pact with Yoshi? What do you consider is my greatest flaw in smash? Where do I rank as a friend?

I won't be able to go on tuesday. I have work in the morning and a final at 6pm.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Does fogo think srsc@ makes it too obvious he's a /b/tard? Does the constant spouting of memes make him seem like a new ***? if anon is truly anon, should they stay anon?
I don't see where I'm "Constanly" spouting actual memes but I'll let that slide to the fact that I can say this: Yes, I go to /b/, I go to /r9k/ as well, and /gif/, and many other boards. I even go to other forums where an intelligent conversation is had. This is an example of "mingling." I find the emes of 4chan funny. I have a lot of inside jokes with my friends and it does kind of show that I make a lot of memes inside jokes. If anyone can attest to this, it's.

I think it's quite obvious that I can communicate well like any intelligent human being. The fact that you mention these things simply reverses your point against you and you have exposed yourself as "Anonymous." In that case, maybe I should put this before you in a colloquialism that you may understand:

tl;dr: NO U! Become an hero!

Additional thought:
Just because someone is new to a board or even to an entire forum, doesn't mean that the difference between you and them should be criticized and rejected. If we were truly civilised people, you would accept that I act different than the ways which match your conventional ideals and you would learn that I am a genuine human being who may, one day in the future, be able to help you in some manner. What goes around comes around. [/discussion]

tac0

Smash Journeyman
el oh el

Just cool it with the memes a litte pl0x? You seemed like a pretty alright dude. I just really don't like them being said irl.

EDIT: I saw rage skydiving.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
el oh el

Just cool it with the memes a litte pl0x? You seemed like a pretty alright dude. I just really don't like them being said irl.
That's cool. I'm in the unfortunate position that I dont respond well to sarcastic comments about me, despite that I am sarcastic in my own right. It's something that I have been working on for years.

In the other light, if it's your peeve, then I'll work on it. Not one to actively try to offend people unless I get it first. Just next time, please come to me if you have a problem with anything that I do or say. I'm none too comfortable with people not coming to me with problems that only I can solve.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
This is the internet. Reading text is not the way one should have a conversation. Sarcasm, tone, and other things are completely derived. Which makes it difficult to interpret what the post actually means. Unless of course they have a sarcasm tag.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
This is the internet. Reading text is not the way one should have a conversation. Sarcasm, tone, and other things are completely derived. Which makes it difficult to interpret what the post actually means. Unless of course they have a sarcasm tag.
::looks around:: no tag for sacrasm :(

Anyway, what are we going to do on wednesday nights now? VlaD wants to get better and I can't drive everywhere, lol. Sux waiting for 's work schedule to fix itself. Would anyone bother if we found a way to have (bi-)weeklies in ft. worth?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for some melee today. That is, up until 5:30 or so.
I'll play. I'm down for Melee anytime with anyone. Just say when and where. If I lived in my own place it would be open for Smash 24/7 but I live with my rents and they never allow gatherings. Tis whaCk.

Would anyone like to host a small fest today? I can bring recording equipment and Mac & Cheese..

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
tac0: plz do not start random beef in the dallas thread. Despite the entertainment value, it's a waste of thread readers time. Keep it in pms.

SrsC@: I'm down for games sometime in Ft.Worth or my place.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
SrsC@: I'm down for games sometime in Ft.Worth or my place.
here's what I'm thinking: Since the Dallas Smash scene is larger (Since it's more concentrated), and there's only a few of us here in Ft. Worth, we wouldn't necessarily need to have it in ft. worth, but maybe in one of the mid-cities. Perhaps if we drew more attention to the general metroplex instead of simply Dallas, more people from fort worth might make the extra effort to maybe go to GPrarie or Arl. just because A lot of people aren't too hot on going all the way into Dallas. Mind you, this isn't simply to cater to noobs that will simply fodderize the scene, but to maybe find some more good players where they may not have the money/resources to get into and around dallas for these minor tourneys and such.

The matter that is really at hand here is trying to find hosting sites in these locations. Some places may be like The Gaming Center, which is in-part run by a scrooge, and noone wants to burn 7 bucks plus entry fees. so I'm going to have to do some research, but this way the responsibility of keeping everyone fresh doesn't land on Bwett and Fogo alone.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I've been going to Dallas for 5 years and you haven't heard me complain.

Man up Fort Worth!

But when school starts I might start looking into something at TCU.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Extremely important suggestion SrsC. Your only as good as your competition, so by not exposing your knowledge of the game to others only inhibits your own growth. Which reminds me to pry Fogo's idea of stopping MK's neutral b with d3. Doing so would be extremely helpful.

Regarding location dispositions, players can simply reach out to one another and grow by playing Dallas' best. Like I said in previous posts, I'm game for 5ish hour sessions if you really want the practice. I don't suck *** and am pretty knowledgeable about the game at this early stage. Just shoot me a pm if your interested in gamin.

DallasPhat is headin his way over today for games and my gathering tommorow is still open for seats. So far I got 4 total for tuesday, 2 more spots are available.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Extremely important suggestion SrsC. Your only as good as your competition, so by not exposing your knowledge of the game to others only inhibits your own growth. Which reminds me to pry Fogo's idea of stopping MK's neutral b with d3. Doing so would be extremely helpful.

Regarding location dispositions, players can simply reach out to one another and grow by playing Dallas' best. Like I said in previous posts, I'm game for 5ish hour sessions if you really want the practice. I don't suck *** and am pretty knowledgeable about the game at this early stage. Just shoot me a pm if your interested in gamin.
So you're saying that I shouldn't be tyring to get more people into the smash scene? or are you saying that I was right when I said that I ruined Ice's night when I played as Ganondorf against him? :laugh:

In any case, I honestly believe that entire post, playing better people, no matter if you win or lose, will get you experience under the belt. And I can vouch that even VlaD, disappointing as his run in last weeks Bwogofest was, He came out of it a better player. concurrently, I think I got a hair better myself. Not to say I can blow that mystic Fogo voodoo outta the water yet, but I'm one baby-step closer. If I was so inclined to actively burn my gas cash getting better, I would definitely pop a PM to ya to practice up, but since I have 10 minutes away, i'll stick with that.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'll play. I'm down for Melee anytime with anyone. Just say when and where. If I lived in my own place it would be open for Smash 24/7 but I live with my rents and they never allow gatherings. Tis whaCk.

Would anyone like to host a small fest today? I can bring recording equipment and Mac & Cheese..
Oh yes. Bluezaft's Melee Zone is open today.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying that I shouldn't be tyring to get more people into the smash scene? or are you saying that I was right when I said that I ruined Ice's night when I played as Ganondorf against him? :laugh:
I don't recall reading anything about you getting people into the smash scene or a discussion involving Ice.

What I do remember is my response to your thoughts on location. I agree that some people live farther than others from each other and some compromises can be made. I live right next to Grand Praerie if you wanna stop by sometime and get games in.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
looks like i wont be able to go to OK because of job training. but now that im getting paid i ll more likely go down to austin or w/e for future tournies

tac0

Smash Journeyman
I have school at 5:30. So a ride isn't possible D:

I'm going to kg's house in a bit though.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I don't recall reading anything about you getting people into the smash scene or a discussion involving Ice.

What I do remember is my response to your thoughts on location. I agree that some people live farther than others from each other and some compromises can be made. I live right next to Grand Praerie if you wanna stop by sometime and get games in.
I had posted in the first post that I think that more people from fort worth might come if we don't have to drive to/through dallas.

I was using the metaphor of me using GDorf vs Ice as proof that you can affect how someone plays by playing them. (Warning: may not affect everybody the way you think!)

On the location front, I'm still working, but if I happen to be headed into GPrarie, I'll send you word. right now, I have a date with Mac & Cheese.

Fogo magic
My apologies, I did not understand that they were not interchangable.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
It seems as though my schedule has cleared up for today. Melee anyone? I'll drive pretty much anywhere I'm invited.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Well, it turns out I work the morning shift on Friday. Of course, this means I don't get off work until 6 and wouldn't be able to make it out to Norman until 9pm so I won't be able to make it anyway.

And I got my hopes up and everything :(:(:(

bluezaft

The True Zaft
It seems as though my schedule has cleared up for today. Melee anyone? I'll drive pretty much anywhere I'm invited.
I think we'll be playing around 8 today? Possibly. There's no telling, really. I'll give you a call if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom