• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
i think i can make to tonight, i can bring my wii. uhh i can bring my recorder if yall want (with the right dvds)

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Announcing!

Infinity's Big*** Birthday Bash

What is it? A Smashfest, a tournament and a party with some of the best food you'll ever eat. Ever. My dad is making his world famous steakfingers for this (and you can trust me and NOTA on this one) which you don't want miss.

When? Tuesday September 9th some time in the afternoon/evening.

Why Tuesday? Well, that's my birthday and it's one of the two days I have off in a week.

Where at? My place.

Who can come? This is invite only, ladies and gentlemen. If I want you to come, I'll post your name on the list later. Everyone else can be jealous after they hear all the awesome party stories, which is why I'm making this post. :p

I'll make another post about it later, just making the announcement about it.

Also, G-krew and NOTA can go ahead and assume they're invited. All of you fockers better be here for it too :p

I call Bull****. You're dad's steak-fingers are not world-famous. They're more like...Family-famous. That doesn't change the fact that they are ****-good, tho. I'll be there quicker than the Flash on speed and energy drinks.

felix45

Smash Lord
I decided to actually be productive and add to the boards, go check this out if you're interested in what I have to say about attack priority in Brawl:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189973
I'm glad us lubbock peeps aren't the only ones who understand this, because its always annoying arguing with stupid people like hylian about this.

nice topic infinity, but honestly its gonna go ignored. but thats ok, our understanding of how "priority" really works makes dallas/lubbock that much better than the rest of the world. GO US! XD

Jesi

Smash Ace
I just moved from Kansas City to Plano for school (I'm going to the guildhall at smu). The address you have listed on the first page, is that still where your bi-weekly's are held? Do you guys play both melee and brawl?

I like melee a lot more but I can play some brawl when's the next meet up? Thanks.

Edit: I mapquested the place and it's about 15 min from where I live. :p

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
I just moved from Kansas City to Plano for school (I'm going to the guildhall at smu). The address you have listed on the first page, is that still where your bi-weekly's are held? Do you guys play both melee and brawl?

I like melee a lot more but I can play some brawl when's the next meet up? Thanks.

Edit: I mapquested the place and it's about 15 min from where I live. :p
welcome to the dallas smash community! the address for the bi-weekly is right. during these smashfest we usually play brawl, however if u bring a melee setup im sure some people will be happy to play with you.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Two more questions, does that mean this weekend is a smashfest? What time should I show up, and do you guys drink at all during your smashfests? haha Sorry, KC smash fests were a tournament atmoshphere that translated into a party atmosphere in the late late evenings. lol

It's cool if it's strictly smash though, how many hardcore melee players are there because I absolutely love that game and am kinda interested in playing some of those guys. I can bring a wii and a melee disc (my brawl disc is back home :\)... but i don't think i'm strong enough to bring my tv it's kinda heavy... we'll see though :p

adding a 3rd question: does anyone want to play melee (or brawl :p) tonight? I have some free time in a new town and it sounds fun...willing to travel! :p

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Another Melee player!? Hurray! There are a number of Melee players lurking about, who convene every now and then when the stars are aligned. I am willing to play some Melee tonight, and if you want I can check if anybody else is interested.

I live at UTD, which is right next to Plano.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Two more questions, does that mean this weekend is a smashfest? What time should I show up, and do you guys drink at all during your smashfests? haha Sorry, KC smash fests were a tournament atmoshphere that translated into a party atmosphere in the late late evenings. lol

It's cool if it's strictly smash though, how many hardcore melee players are there because I absolutely love that game and am kinda interested in playing some of those guys. I can bring a wii and a melee disc (my brawl disc is back home :\)... but i don't think i'm strong enough to bring my tv it's kinda heavy... we'll see though :p

adding a 3rd question: does anyone want to play melee (or brawl :p) tonight? I have some free time in a new town and it sounds fun...willing to travel! :p
There is no smashfest this weekend, atleast not a bwogo fest. Now the biweekly that you speak of, currently it is put on hold until I get settled with school starting. Then we will go from there. There is no alcohol allowed in my apartment since there are minors present, sorry.

When it comes to melee, you can bring a setup, but the last two times it happened, no one even set it up and instead played brawl so that is your choice lol. If you are interested for the most part in melee, bluezaft is probably who you want to talk to. I think he holds fests every now and then.

EDIT: Looks like Bluezaft already got to you lol.

Jesi

Smash Ace
We have a pretty split melee/brawl scene in kc which intermixes with a party scene cause most of us are melee veterans of 3+ years and are over 21 (I think like maybe one person isn't and they're 20). The melee and brawl scenes used to play together but there was too much conflict over setups and stuff so now it's two separate locations. You're welcome for the KC smash history I'm so sure you were interested in haha.

I will play brawl on occasion but I <3 melee, so anyone else who still <3's that game should meet up some time! ^_^

melee chars: Falco, Peach, fox

brawl chars: zelda, peach, dk

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Herbivores = pootTheBox, Giga, Runningbrave, Leapinghare, CloakandDagger. We play melee almost exclusively. When we get together we mostly chief (herbivores) and drink. We'll definitely hit you up next we gather. This weekend we are going on a trip :) :(

@blue We should have a falcon hour every smashfest till we play like scar

Oracle

Smash Master
I play melee too!!!
But my parents won't let me go to the tournies.
**** MY DIMINUTIVE AGE!!

Jesi

Smash Ace
aww bummer that you are going on a trip (but at the same time have fun! :p). i would be up for next weekend (isn't that labor day weekend?) except I was going to try and take a trip up to KC to go hang with my BF and my crew, they all play smash my bf's handle is darkrain, you might know dmac and dyc and maybe z if you went to any tournaments in the last couple years. :) See you guys soon then hopefully... i'll practice my game when I get a chance, this school keeps me hella busy.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Me and runningbrave get together to play melee at my house a lot, in fact if he doesn't go with the rest of the herbivores we'll be playing this weekend, you're more that welcome to join, new talent is always fun :)

Edit: wow, darkrain?!? THE darkrain?!??

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
HELP! I am trying to attend the tournament for the midnight thingy the one that is on airport freeway, can anyone give me a number or something to that, I went earlier today looking for the place to register but I couldnt find the place! if anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
I dont know what building it was I drove all over the place, but I didnt find anything... what does the biulding look like? :(

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
its kinda an outdoor event, it wont be set up until the day of the tournament, but if u find a mcdonalds around that area, its a safe bet that the tournament is gonna be at that mcdonalds

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Foreskin and DP huh?

Let's try and keep this thread G rated, son.
DP IS Good.

Super good.

I mean...

****!

I <3 Dr. Pepper.

More then you.

All of you.

mmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom