• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Live

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
I'm in high school, and one of my classmates in Drama class has teamed up with me to write a script for a play based on Brawl. The plot'll follow the Subspace Emissary, but very loosely--it'll just cover the bases (Ancient Minister, heroes vs. villains, the "tea?" scene).
Is this a good idea? Any suggestions for things to be included?

Here's a brief glimpse at the script so far:

SCENE ONE

Setting: a nondescript stadium. MARIO and KIRBY prepare to fight for some reason. PEACH and ZELDA watch from the sidelines.

MARIO: Let’s-a go!

KIRBY: (high-picthed battle cry)

Mario runs toward Kirby and attempts to kick him in the face. Kirby dodges and begins to suck in air. Mario is inescapably drawn toward the vacuum, and Kirby swallows him (or just bear-hugs him) and when Mario emerges, Kirby is wearing a Mario hat.

Kirby: Nice-a try!

Mario charges up a Smash attack, but Kirby dodges it and jabs Mario, sending him flying offstage, resulting in a loud Rocket KO. Peach gasps audibly.

KIRBY: BYE!

Suddenly, ominous music begins to play. PETEY PIRANHA appears, swinging two birdcages wildly. He roars loudly. The boss battle begins!
PETEY PIRANHA shoves PEACH and ZELDA offstage. KIRBY does a jab combo, but it’s ineffective, and PETEY knocks him to the ground with a birdcage attack. Kirby recovers and pulls a large wooden hammer out of this air, knocking the birdcages away and then KOing PETEY. The princesses return onstage, and swoon over KIRBY, who does his classic victory dance. Then they notice the two ROBs setting up the Subspace Bomb. The three run over and start trying to defuse it.
While they are distracted WARIO sneaks in stage left with a Dark Cannon. He snickers to himself, which ZELDA hears, causing her to turn around and notice him. He fires the cannon at her, knocking her out, and then drags her off stage left. PEACH and KIRBY start after him when the bomb’s final countdown begins. KIRBY summons a Warpstar and the two narrowly escape the blast, which bathes the entire stadium in deep purple light.

END SCENE I

SCENE II

Setting: the Sea of Clouds. Fog machine recommended.

PEACH and KIRBY fly through the clouds on their Warpstar. They pass an Arwing flying in the opposite direction, then look at each other and shrug.
After flying for a little while they arrive at a safe spot. As they catch their breath, a heavenly choir (that is, an actual group of betogad singers positioned below the stage) fades into earshot. A spotlight shoots down, and PIT descends to earth.

PEACH: Who are you—

PIT: Hark, mortals, do not be afraid! I am Pit, sent by the goddess Palutena to aid you on your quest!

CHORUS (sings): To aid you on your quest.

PEACH and KIRBY stare incredulously.

PIT: I will be of great help in your journey; for you see…

(holds up bow triumphantly)

PIT: my bow…

(separates bow into swords)

PIT: …is also swords!

Chorus (sings): His bow is also swords.

KIRBY isn’t impressed, but PEACH looks on in wonderment.

PEACH: Wow! (to Kirby) Look at that! (walks to Pit) And your wings… they look so soft…

KIRBY: (grabs Peach by the arm, and pulls her back towards him) Sorry, Pit, but we’re, uh, set for party members right now.

PIT: (dejected) Oh… okay.

KIRBY: (to Peach) Let’s go! We have to… um…

PEACH: Find Zelda?

KIRBY: …Yeah! That’s the ticket! (exits with Peach stage right)

PIT: Now who am I going to help... (He look around and spots Mario lying on the ground. He rushes over and helps him up.)

PIT: Who are you?

MARIO: (incredulous) It's-a me! Mario!

PIT: Oh, it's... (chuckles nervously) it's-a you.

Mario: That's-a right!

PIT: Anyway... (composes self) Greetings, mortal, do not be afraid, for I am--

PIT is interrupted when the Halberd flies by.

MARIO: That's-a what caused all this! (motions to Pit) Let's-a go! (exits stage right)

PIT makes the "yes" arm gesture and follows.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Make sure its recorded and makes it onto youtube. This is more awesome than an exploding monkey.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I'd like to see something like this recorded on put on Youtube.

Add more soon!

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Not even Ryu Hayabusa dressed up in a Pirate Costume is as cool as this might be.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
The main issue now is the casting. The Drama class has plenty of people who manage to look like Brawl characters: the person I'm working on this with, for example, is six-foot-one and has a shaggy beard. He'll be Ganondorf.
I'll probably play Wario, but I want to be ROB too, because I'll be modding an office chair to make the platform.
We have an emo kid to play Pit, and a really short Cuban girl to play Fox.
But nobody wants to be Jigglypuff. :(

I'll post updates as they arrive.

petycash

Smash Rookie
Hey ya'll. I'm the guy he's working on it with and if anybody has any suggestions to things that should be done or thing that should be omitted or ideas as to how to accually have things performed onstage then post it here.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
add more snakes. then itld be awsome
There will be one Snake. =D

More script:

PETEY PIRANHA appears and shoves PEACH and ZELDA offstage. KIRBY does a jab combo, but it’s ineffective, and PETEY knocks him to the ground with a birdcage attack. Kirby recovers and pulls a large wooden hammer out of this air, knocking the birdcages away and then KOing PETEY. The princesses return onstage, and swoon over KIRBY, who does his classic victory dance. Then they notice the two ROBs setting up the Subspace Bomb. The three run over and start trying to defuse it.
While they are distracted WARIO sneaks in stage left with a Dark Cannon. He snickers to himself, which ZELDA hears, causing her to turn around and notice him. He fires the cannon at her, knocking her out, and then drags her off stage left. PEACH and KIRBY start after him when the bomb’s final countdown begins. KIRBY summons a Warpstar and the two narrowly escape the blast, which bathes the entire stadium in deep purple light.

END SCENE I
This is just a translation of the Subspace cutscenes, yeah. But everything after this will be different. For example, I'm expecting some of the characters to talk.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
Kirby wins?

FAILURE!

seroiusly, no one should attucally talk, not talking is what makes the story so great, even deaf people could comprehend the plot!

he saves peach?

EPIC FAILURE!

god, if lucario beats meta knight, this going to be terrible use of the alternate plots

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
SCENE II

PEACH and KIRBY fly through the clouds on their Warpstar. They pass an Arwing flying in the opposite direction, then look at each other and shrug.
After flying for a little while they arrive at a safe spot. As they catch their breath, a heavenly choir (that is, an actual group of betogad singers positioned below the stage) fades into earshot. A spotlight shoots down, and PIT descends to earth.

PEACH: Who are you—

PIT: Hark, mortals, do not be afraid! I am Pit, sent by the goddess Palutena to aid you on your quest!

CHORUS (sings): To aid you on your quest.

PEACH and KIRBY stare incredulously.

PIT: I will be of great help in your journey; for you see…

(holds up bow triumphantly)

PIT: my bow…

(separates bow into swords)

PIT: …is also swords!

Chorus (sings): His bow is also swords.

KIRBY isn’t impressed, but PEACH looks on in wonderment.

PEACH: Wow! (to Kirby) Look at that! (walks to Pit) And your wings… they look so soft…

KIRBY: (grabs Peach by the arm, and pulls her back towards him) Sorry, Pit, but we’re, uh, set for party members right now.

PIT: (dejected) Oh… okay.

KIRBY: (to Peach) Let’s go! We have to… um…

PEACH: Find Zelda?

KIRBY: …Yeah! That’s the ticket! (exits with Peach stage right)
To be continued

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Kirby wins?

FAILURE!

seroiusly, no one should attucally talk, not talking is what makes the story so great, even deaf people could comprehend the plot!

he saves peach?

EPIC FAILURE!

god, if lucario beats meta knight, this going to be terrible use of the alternate plots
The decision about who should win the fight was a tough one. I'm probably going to replace every instant of "Kirby" with "Mario" and every instant of "giant wooden hammer" with, um, "spontaneous breakdancing".

And I realized that maybe there shouldn't be any dialogue. But the actors will have to express a lot through gestures and body language--Pit sort of hitting on Peach, who Ike fights for, that sort of thing.

But as soon as I rewrite this I'll probably leave, like, two lines of dialogue:

"Otacon, this is Snake"

and

"Falcon PAWNCH"

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Rewritten:

SCENE II

PEACH and KIRBY MARIO fly through the clouds on their Warpstar pipe cape. They pass an Arwing flying in the opposite direction, then look at each other and shrug.
After flying for a little while they arrive at a safe spot. As they catch their breath, a heavenly choir (that is, an actual group of betogad singers positioned below the stage) fades into earshot, and as the scene continues they softly sing the tune to the Kid Icarus theme. A spotlight shoots down, and PIT descends to earth. PEACH gasps as PIT holds up his bow, and triumphantly separates it into swords. She runs over to examine the swords, when MARIO pulls her back. They walk offstage. PIT tries to follow, but MARIO look back and shakes his head. PIT sighs, and stays behind.

Alright, so now Mario wins, nobody talks, and everyone's better off for it. Since we won't have the bidget for any wire-fu Mario is going to fly the way Freakazoid flies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol this could be a cool idea.

Darkurai

Smash Master
If you ask me, dialogue should be included. The silence works in the game, but it doesn't work well on stage. I've seen a silent play. It doesn't add to the effect. It adds to the "wtf is going on". Plus, the character's names must be known.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who likes this idea. I've written the dialogue version up to the Kong Jungle section, so I'll go ahead and post it, even if I don't use it.
(By the way, only characters known to speak English are going to talk. Kirby (BYE!), Mario, Pit, etc. count, but not Olimar (he's an alien), the Kongs, or anyone else who's always silent.)

If I'm going to have Mario win then I need to play through Subspace again to get all the alternate cutscenes. Until then, here's the "Mario loses" version:

PIT: Now who am I going to help... (He look around and spots Mario lying on the ground. He rushes over and helps him up.)

PIT: Who are you?

MARIO: (incredulous) It's-a me! Mario!

PIT: Oh, it's... (chuckles nervously) it's-a you.

Mario: That's-a right!

PIT: Anyway... (composes self) Greetings, mortal, do not be afraid, for I am--

PIT is interrupted when the Halberd flies by.

MARIO: That's-a what caused all this! (motions to Pit) Let's-a go! (exits stage right)

PIT makes the "yes" arm gesture and follows.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
even though there arent any FS's in SSE. it would be really cool to put that in somewhere with One Winged Angel or something!

heretic

Smash Rookie
Get a affeminative male to play Marth, have his party members unsure of his sexuallity.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Get the star football player to play Captain Falcon, get a big black guy to play Ganondorf, and hire John Goodman to play Dedede.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Dont forget the deleted scenes where tabuu and osama bin laden are plotting:

FIRST THE UNITED STATES, THEN THE FLOATING ISLAND, NEXT, THE WORLD!!!!!1

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
If everything goes as planned Link will be played by a hot blonde.
And Toon Link will be played by another girl who looks just like the girl playing Link. Except a foot-and-a-half shorter. So that decision was obvious--they even have the same first name in real life.
We also got a hot blonde to play Zamus. Yes, Zamus--after casting her I replaced Samus with Zamus in every scene.
I got a kid who'll play Pokemon Trainer, but nobody who wants to play Pokemon. So the plan is that he'll throw out a plush Squirtle at whoever he's fighting, then when the plushie doesn't do anything he'll give up and just beat the crap out of them.

LOL
And why not get a Fat asian girl to plat Jigglypuff? lol
Actually, the way things are going, Jigglypuff is probably going to be Mexican

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Ike must say "I fight for my friends."
Ike will only say "I fight for my friends."

"My friends are who I fight for!"

"My friends! They are fought for by me!"

"Are you my friend?"
"Yes."
"Then I fight for you!"

"Are these your friends?"
"Yes."
"I'm not fighting for them."

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if the guy playing Fox yelled out Landmasta lol
This play is gonna be epic :laugh:
Probably not. But since I'm in South Carolina, I'm going to get the most Southern-fried redneck I can find to play Wolf. "We're gonna have fun with this thang! LANDMASTAH!"

And I'm going to bring out a Smash Ball at some point. It will either be paper-mache or just a beach ball painted purple, and someone is going to beat the **** out of it.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If everything goes as planned Link will be played by a hot blonde.
And Toon Link will be played by another girl who looks just like the girl playing Link. Except a foot-and-a-half shorter. So that decision was obvious--they even have the same first name in real life.
We also got a hot blonde to play Zamus. Yes, Zamus--after casting her I replaced Samus with Zamus in every scene.
I got a kid who'll play Pokemon Trainer, but nobody who wants to play Pokemon. So the plan is that he'll throw out a plush Squirtle at whoever he's fighting, then when the plushie doesn't do anything he'll give up and just beat the crap out of them.

Actually, the way things are going, Jigglypuff is probably going to be Mexican
A few things:

-Why did you get a girl to play Link?
-Hot blonde Zamus ftw.
-PT is going to be hilarious.
-MEXICAN JIGGLYPUFF FTEW!!!!

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
A few things:

-Why did you get a girl to play Link?
-Hot blonde Zamus ftw.
-PT is going to be hilarious.
-MEXICAN JIGGLYPUFF FTEW!!!!
-Because she looks just like Link already, and no guy has those features.
-Exactly.
-The guy playing PT is sort of the third-in-command of the Brawl Live project, so you know he'll be playing with conviction.
-If she agrees to it. But, yeah, she'll be awesome for it.

After doing some more thought, our school has these short, kinda chubby twin sisters who would be great Ice Climbers, and a girl who looks just like Ness. I mean, it sounds like a terrible idea, but I got her to put her hands on her hips and say "OKAY" and it looks perfect.

That's my audition process, by the way. If they can do the character's best taunt, they're in.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Sounds awesome.
If only it were an animated project, I could imitate Snake and Ike.
I can't record my voice, so that means nothing...but...
Easy voices, along with Lucas, Link, Wolf, Fox (to an extent), and Sonic.
Marth is rather difficult (How are you going to do him? You must have someone who knows Japanese, and speaks it with a good accent), as he ONLY speaks Japanese.

This would rock in an animated project.
Props for thinking it out so far.

I would've shortened it, though.
It seems like a lot of work, but then again, a wall of text could represent one action in one second....

Really good.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Lol, this is such a good idea. Really. Im sure everyone at your school will think its not ridiculous. Put it up on youtube.

Top Bottom