• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fsmash while holding a bannana

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Forgive me if this is known, dont thank me if its not ( I didnt find it) but I havent seen this on smashboards and all diddy players should know that..

Diddy can fsmash while holding a banana, pretty useful as it adds another option while holding a banana.

How to perform: when you pick up a banana hold down (a) or whatever button you use to pick it up. Hitting the C stick now will make diddy perform fsmash, instead of throwing the naner; if you continue to hold (a)

If you just hold (a) the fsmash will charge all the way before going. If you hit it then let go of (a) it will just do a normal fsmash. To be able to do continous fsmashes without throwing your banana you have to hit the c stick let go of (a) then hold down (a) again before the smash finishes.

Add it to the diddy AT's or guides or whatevers folks.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Depending on your controller setup, this can be quite a clumsy input (I use the default layout, so it would be clumsy for me).

I wonder, can you use Z -> C stick instead?
Might have to try it later.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
you it is hard with the classis set up on a gc controller. I set R to attack and it makes it easier so you can hold R with your index finger and hit the c stick with your thumb.

I never use R anyway because I use L for all shields and dodges etc.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just set my L button to attack so I can do this

Great find.

also, I love your sig BrawlPro. lol

Puddin

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be the same with all items in general? like Zamus's armor, or ROBs Gyro?

Edit: Actually yes, I just tested and this is the same for all items, grabbing the item but not letting go of A after doing so allows you to preform a charged smash attack. So this really isn't just for Diddy Kong, any character with Items really.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be the same with all items in general? like Zamus's armor, or ROBs Gyro?

Yes this is for all items.

At least Im pretty sure.......I dont think this would be some thing you could only do with bananas lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, this is known and it's only practical for a few characters since it greatly limits your options since you can only fsmash or use a different special. From what I've tested it works pretty well with Link and ROB and is borderline useless for people like Snake and Peach.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Yeah, this is known and it's only practical for a few characters since it greatly limits your options since you can only fsmash or use a different special. From what I've tested it works pretty well with Link and ROB and is borderline useless for people like Snake and Peach.
Limits your options:confused:

it ADDS an option

IDK

Smash Lord
nice find i hadnt heard this before. I bet if you were holding a with your thumb and tapped the cstick with your palm you could do it too. You'd probably get used to it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nice, I wonder if this explains why I sometimes accidentally do air attacks without throwing a banana I'm already holding...

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
What alpha?

aerials while holding a bannana?

now that sounds like something all on its own. If you could figure out how to do that that would be incredibly useful

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
have you guys ever done arials with a banana? If you know how to do that then let me know. I've done it before, but by mistake.

Rex+

Smash Ace
This is very interesting, as is the inclusion of Alpha's comment. I think I'll map L to attack and see how things work out (R is ALWAYS for shielding).

Spammit

Smash Rookie
good find brawlbro, lol didnt know you were on swf, aome1 should experiment with ariels though because that would be amazing.

Top Bottom