• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana charge deception.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, this is a trick I like to use a lot and it works really really well. I have told some people about it in person but never really online.

It is so effective, that I played someone right after telling them it and then did it and hit them and they were like "Holy crap you just told me about that and I still fell for it". Was pretty funny.

Basically, this is nothing new or exciting and you will not start owning people that usually beat you with it...but it is good to know and use, and can get you a stock surprisingly fast.

This has to do with desynching. I am going to use a very simple situation to describe it.

Desynch so that you have nana charging a fsmash. I like to do this by Pivoting an ice block, then having nana charge. Now walk towards your opponent. What they see is you coming at them while having nana fully charge a fsmash. This is a perfect opportunity to punish you. It is easy to avoid the fully charged fsmash...just space yourself away from it. But what they DON'T notice, is the fact that you can still fsmash with Popo.

So basically, you have nana charge a fsmash and walk towards your opponent. Your opponent is looking at nana, making sure they don't get hit. Then you release the fsmash and fsmash with popo at the same time. It will almost ALWAYS hit them. They will be focused on avoiding the fully charged fsmash. This basically gives your 2x the range on your fsmash, because you are missing on purpose with nana just to hit with popo.

Another great thing to do with this at low %'s is to release the fsmash then grab them. The fsmash won't even get close to hitting them, but they will shield anyways, because it is fully charged.

ANOTHER reason this is good is because your opponent will almost never approach you while nana is charging giving you a positional advantage.

Not only is this useful for all of this, but it can make it easy to read your opponents once they figure out what you are doing. I was playing someone once and did this to them twice and they figured they would start jumping to avoid it. So I did it and then right as they jumped I just punished them with Uair. They then decided it was best to run away, so I just did an ice block. You almost always have more options then your opponent when doing this.

Note: This DOES NOT WORK very well against characters with projectiles. They can completely counter this by just throwing things at you.

Discuss :).

Miller

Smash Lord
Its pretty useful actually, I've been doing this for abit now. Also During a grab you can start charging a Fsmash with Nana, throw them backwards and Nana will also turn backwards, screwing up their Di and potentially giving you a low % kill.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
If you recall the thread made a few weeks ago about that desync in which nana will charge a fsmash while popo neutralA's, this was actually covered somewhat. But the benefits of said technique werent fully explained and people take IC info with a grain of sugar when it comes from you. So cheers, good technique. XD

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It does sound like it would work. I'm not sure what I would do with a character without a projectile against someone doing that. Luckily most of my characters use projectiles, so every time you did that I was just thinking "no! throw the projectiles and get them resynced right now!" lol. For some reason seeing Nana charging a forward smash made me worried because I had no clue what would come next, which means it would have the same affects on other people. Now all I need to do is learn how to do the pivot desync o.o

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Hey Hylian, While Nana is charging, could you do a SHBlizzard, and then have nana hit with the F-Smash, I haven't tried it yet myself, but to me it sounds preety effective

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Kackamee - Ye u can do that. Messed around N Training mode and the lowest % I got waz 19, Highest waz 26. Totally depends on how long u keep em N the blizzard b4 u Fsmash.

Ive been doing stuff like this a bit too. I find it usefull sometimes, but considering BOTH of my most played with friends main projectile Kings (Falco and TL/Link) it seems like I dont get 2 mess around with these sorta things enough :[

I like Dash Dancing while my Nana iz charging.. Its t3h sexy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is effective against some characters with projectiles...like Snake.

Also, this is great against common counterpicks such as Metaknight and Marth...

Top Bottom