• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEVER play MK online (Even if you're lag-free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, this isn't new to most but I figured I might as well put this out there.

Earlier today I decided to try out Gamebattles again for the first time in a good while. I got a match and was pretty excited to see how much better I'd do, considering my MK had gotten a lot better training with my crew, since my last venture through Gamebattles Land (especially now that I had a lan adaptor and had DMZ'ed my Wii's IP address).

I was wrong.

Suddenly when the match started, I felt crippled.

There was barely any delay, but it was enough to screw up all my attacks. All chances of comboing went out the window, almost every attack left me open to a counter-attack, and Smash DI'ing was impossible.

WiFi delay will kill your game, especially your MK being the fast character he is.

I SOMEHOW won. However, after the match I decided to never touch online again; knowing that if my brain gets trained to play online, my offline skills will decline drastically.

In conclusion if you want to do well offline with MK (or any character for that matter), DO NOT even think about touching WiFi.

WiFi will **** your MK.

Seriously.

Razed

Smash Ace
It's obvious that you shouldn't try to play the same way you would offline as you do online. That goes for any character.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
It's obvious that you shouldn't try to play the same way you would offline as you do online. That goes for any character.
Like I said most people already know this, I'm just putting it out there.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
this is true. i cant even use my marth online. theres no way to space coreectly or hit with the tip online. even that tiny little lag that most MK users will notice kills ur timing and spacing. the worst part is i feel bad when i get beat online which makes me want to practice online only. but then i get beat offline. which one is more important. i wanted to become number one on the online ladders but does nayone honestly care?

offline where it at right? tournies and all

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
There is a difference but I'm not so weak-minded that compensating for online play will hinder my offline play. Sure I might get ripped off online but it's not like that gets burned into my very being and I just can't turn around and bust some faces offline.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I must be the only one who doesn't mess up offline after playing many online matches. In fact, I've gotten much better in a few offline tournies after playing online quite a lot. As long as the lag isn't too bad I can play perfectly well online. Usually it's best to play people near your region (in my case, the US south-east region). I can see why people mess up badly online even with little to no lag though (the Wifi is certainly NOT very good).

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
thats kind of true but maybe you could throw that question out for Zephyr in our help thread since he is a MK main on game battles yet he is in the top 100 I'm sure he will give you good tips (he rarely goes anywhere else but our thread so its a great way to contact him) btw our thread is the "ask all matchup questions here" thread but dont worry about this not being a matchup related question and ask him anyways

sandaman

Smash Cadet
yeh i HATE playing MK when its even next to nothing lag, u need it to be perfect to play MK good, same as all characters but for me, MK i play the worst in lag

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
thats kind of true but maybe you could throw that question out for Zephyr in our help thread since he is a MK main on game battles yet he is in the top 100 I'm sure he will give you good tips (he rarely goes anywhere else but our thread so its a great way to contact him) btw our thread is the "ask all matchup questions here" thread but dont worry about this not being a matchup related question and ask him anyways
Thanks, but I'm not even planning on touching online anymore.

Amide

Smash Lord
I don't notice a difference. But if there is one, it's still not worth it if it means I play less matches.

Rex+

Smash Ace
I feel like a minority. I have no problem juggling offline and online whatsoever. My Fox, Marth, Diddy, and MK games don't vary between offline and online. The real problem for me is having Brawl ruining my Melee game.

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
yep, i can't fly under fd on wifi. wii internet is just so terrible. there is no 1v1 option or stock time limit. there isn't any lvl rankings or any form of cumminication.

terrible job nintendo...
i mean i guess it is free, but they should seriously come out with a much better version tht u have to pay for yearly. i'm sure every brawler would get it.

GiNO The KiDD

Smash Cadet
Yea, any character you use wil be different online cuz of lag.It jus takes time to get used to the lag so that it becomes normal to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom