• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STYKz - High Point, NC - Jul 26, 08 - Melee/Brawl tourny

Krii

Smash Journeyman
This is Team and Singles Tourney For BOTH game's SSBM and SSBB.

STYKz stands for "SHOW THEM YOUR KNEEEEZZZZ"
Stick, lol

I. General Location Information
II. Times
III. General Rule Information
IV. Stages
V. Guest List

I. Location Information
Date of Tourney:
July 26th, 2008

Number:
(336) 987-9942 ((My Cell call if you have any questions.))

BYOC

II. Times
Registration for Melee Doubles : 11 A.M. Ends at Noon ((12 P.M))
Registration for Melee Singles: After Doubles (PTC, 2 o'clock)
One Hour Lunch Break after Melee Singles ((Ordering Pizza with the door fees))(PTC 4 o'clock)
Registration for Brawl Teams begins when people are done with lunch. (PTC 5 O'clock)
Registration for Brawl Singles: After Doubles. (PTC 7 o'clock)

These times are very general and are used for basic structure for the day, Obviously we won't be able to do this at these times. There is no time limit for this tournament so we'll just move on smoothly >.>
This is inside my house on the first floor, and possibly outside in the canopy if the turnout is bigger than predicted.

III. GENERAL INFO:

5 Dollar Door Fee.
The door fee may be waived for those who bring a set with them, a set includes; One TV, One game station (Gamecube or Wii), one game (SSBM or SSBB)

Singles (Brawl/Melee):
15 Dollars per Participant.

Prizes for singles:
60% of Pot
30% of Pot
10% of Pot

Teams (Brawl/Melee):
10 Dollars Per person (20 for team)

Prizes for Team
60% of Pot
30% of Pot
10% of Pot

General Melee Rules:

• 4 Stock
  • 8 Minutes
  • Ban stages acknowledged
  • No special technique stalling that includes, but is not limited to;
    • Peach Wall bomb
  • Best 2 out of 3
  • Double Elimination
  • Items off.
  • Team Attack is on.
  • Share Stock.
  • Best 3 out of 5 for Grand Finals

General Brawl Rules:
  • 3 stock
  • 6 minutes
  • stage banning acknowledged
  • Double Elimination
  • Best 2 out of 3
  • Team attack is on
  • Share Stock
  • No Items
  • Best 3 out of 5 for Grand Finals

IV. Stages
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MELEE STAGES:
Teams Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Kongo Jungle 64

Teams Counterpick - All Neutral, Great Bay, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom II
Teams Banned - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo River, Fountain of Dreams, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Story 64

Singles Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Singles Counterpick - All Neutral, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
Singles Banned - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo River, Great Bay, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom II, Yoshi's Story 64
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BRAWL STAGES
Neutral Doubles - Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Counterpick Doubles - Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Brinstar, Pokémon Stadium, Delfino Plaza

Neutral Singles - Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Counterpick Singles - Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Brinstar, Pokémon Stadium, Delfino Plaza.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V. Guest List
  • Krii
  • Dark Hart
  • Malk
  • Dr Peepee
  • BEHR
  • dotPWN (Dr. Sparkles)
  • Vilt
  • Karn
  • Habanero Pepper
  • l0zr=)
  • Speedskater
  • 2shynornot2shyn
  • Zero_Gamer
  • S0FT
  • Ryanarius
  • Ali (I've Jihad it)

just say if you wanna be added to the list

All Rules Are Subject To Change. I reserve the right modify any anything. >.> just saying. Im not gna just do stuff for ****z and Gigglez but just in case something Fups Uck

I reserve the right to grant individuals participating in the event, or just observing, the ability to assume responsibilities for the tournament.

I reserve the right to strip individuals of this same ability.

Any Damages are to anything must be paid for by the responsible person(s) and/or parties
Basically you break it you buy it.
Lol just saying, the 'rents told me to O.O

Krii

Smash Journeyman

Update List

• Updated Guest List
  • Updated Brawl Rules
  • Updated Melee Rules
6/23
  • Finals Rules
  • Guest List
6/28
  • Brawl Counterpick stages banned; Hanenbow, Pirate Ship,
    Onett, Distant Planet
  • Guest List; Karn
7/6
  • General Teams Entry Fee raised to 10 dollars per participant
  • General Singles Entry Fee raised to 15 dollars per participant
  • Guest list updated
7/14
  • A notice left at the bottom of the OP

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Very thorough Krii. I'm probably going to come up and scout you Gboro beasts the weekend of the 4th. I hope that having Brawl doesn't chase any OOS smashers away.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
actually i'm doing both games because i like both games. <,< i hope as many people possible come tho! =D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dark Hart: the only thing about this is, so many GA smashers wanted to go to BEHR's tournament, but decided it wasn't worth it to go when time would be divided between Brawl and Melee. I just don't want a repeat of that incident. I'm guessing GA is the big travelling state that'll actually travel to us, so I don't know how many OOS smashers there will be now. Hopefully it will bring everyone though, we can only just wait and watch I guess.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
DrPP - Well, I know VA loves us. They'd totally come down for it. I know VA and MD can't wait for Jubilee. I consider NC EC anyway. GA would totally come though.

I'm going to post this here as well. PUT TEMPLE AS A COUNTER-PICK STAGE FOR SINGLES IN BOTH!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alright, I actually have not yet met any VA or MD smashers, so it would be great if some smashers from there would attend. I'm just expressing my doubt, I would love for any and all guys to come to this!
Lol, what Temple? Why do you want that?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Alright, I actually have not yet met any VA or MD smashers, so it would be great if some smashers from there would attend. I'm just expressing my doubt, I would love for any and all guys to come to this!
Lol, what Temple? Why do you want that?
Hyrule, and because it's ****ing awesome!!! =P Im' serious btw.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I might be able bring a set up im not sure yet. o;

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think that some Melee activities were cut short last time due to BEHR's dad wanting everyone out. That would have been fine if it had been just Melee, but, as a result, there was a rushed Brawl tournament and everything felt kinda tense instead of laid back and all like most tournaments usually feel. In addition to that, Many of the GA players that came to just play Melee were then confined to staying back and watching Brawl and expressing their dislike for Brawl because there were no spare TVs.
I'm not saying that this will happen this time(very different circumstances), but it's just something to bear in mind.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
Oh well i was well aware of how Eddie's tourney was so ... bad in some respects. But im trying my best to avoid such actions like that. And i hope to have as many tv's in my house as possible, my brother mentioned something about renting TV's and tables, but ill have to research that a little bit more.

But the main problem would be the Systems/games. If we have the tv's and no systems, whats the use for the tv's corny cable? XD?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol, I'm just giving you a heads-up. I can bring a TV and Wii and recording equipment as necessary. Let me know what you need.

BEHR

Smash Hero
This tourny is going to make my tourney look like ****.

xp

:laugh:

Krii

Smash Journeyman
Honestly for counter picks i wanted help to remove the rediculous ones if there was a legitimate reason for doing it. >>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well Krii, Havenbow is kind of ridiculous. So easy to camp due to separate leaves waayy out there, and some random water that you can die from in the center, and the leaves tilt like crazy all of the time from attacks, which isn't as bad, but tilting was the main argument against Lylat so I'll throw that in too.
Aside from all that, I don't really want Karn to have three ******** counterpick stages either. ROB spam and air control on that stage would be too much.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
This seems to be the only active North Carolina thread, so I guess I'll post here. I'm gonna be in Wilmington, NC from July 12-18, anyone want to smash? Melee preferably.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sup balls. It's too bad you're going to Wilmington, another 2.5 hours my way and I could come smash with you finally lol. How's Tennessee?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Does Wilmington have a Beach?

Cause its on the shore I always wanted to go there for a vacation. :3

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm technically staying on Wrightsville Beach, but it's basically a suburb (beachburb?) of Wilmington.
Last year CStrife and a friend came down and smashed with me for a few hours. Then I left for FC the next day haha.
And Tennessee is ... garbage as always. Regularly smashing with the same 6ish people for almost 3 years now, wooooo. There need to be more Melee tournaments ;_;

Top Bottom