• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is pit's worst matchup

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
could someone tell me who to watch out for, i have recently started pplaying pit and i would love some tips on who has the advantage over me

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Pretty much anyone who as multiple aerial jumps. Like umm meta knight, kirby, and jiggly. for gimping reasons. And anyone super heavy, just because they dont die. lol.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Pretty much anyone who as multiple aerial jumps. Like umm meta knight, kirby, and jiggly. for gimping reasons. And anyone super heavy, just because they dont die. lol.
And for this reason, I take every opportunity that I have to use my u-air against these. That attack alone rips them a new one.

I don't have a problem with the heavy-weights. Their attacks may be stronger, and make it easy for them to win, but if they cannot get me, then they have lost the match. Even so, I've taken down my friend's King DeDeDe with Pit many times, and he plays a mean King DeDeDe.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
mk he is faster, smaller, better recovery with his 2+ glides, priority up kill that helps to stop pits recovery and pit isn't heavy so it works well, mk was the first agreed counter to pit, still has a disjointed hit box so you dont have a reach advantage, can gimp you with is amazing edge guard but you cant gimp him with arrows or your air game, if you hit him out of his glide he gets his up b back that lifts him higher and gives him his glide back so don't use arrows he is to small and fast anyway.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I would say G&W. MK you can camp somewhat. Pit's recovery is good enough to avoid MK if done right. MK is still tough but you can still LG him well with Wing renewal. G&W will juat UP B as soon as you get close. And then he can attack you out of it.

----------------
Now playing: Rhapsody - Power Of The Dragonflame
via FoxyTunes

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Olimars, watch out for Olimars. They tend to be addicted to their grabbing which i think is more overpowered than Ness' but Ness is understandable to have powerful throws, but Olimar doesnt.
His Stupid Pikmin may block your arrows and that Disjointed Grab outranges Angel Ring.
He seems too strong and the only basic advantage you have against him is the Edgehogging.
And yes, G&W is a threat to everyone, pretty cheap.

kown

Smash Lord
g&w is only hard if you your style requires arrows.
Just watch out for his bair and everything else depends on how good you are at decision making.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Essentialy any character that can easily gimp Pit's Wings of Icarus can be a difficult matchup

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I fail to see why Meta Knight is a difficult match-up for Pit. I must have not come across any good Meta Knight players while playing as Pit. Meta Knight's flying is poor, which gives Pit the advantage to spam his arrows. And really, some of Meta Knight's attacks lack KO potential. Sure, you could say that Pit is light, but so is Meta Knight. Furthermore, Meta Knight doesn't have projectile, which makes Pit safe.

Arrian

Smash Rookie
Without beating a dead horse, I have trouble with Kirby and think that is the hardest matchup, but honorable mention to Diddy Kong (maybe it's just me, though), but those are the only two I fear my opponent choosing. I have never had trouble with Olimar, who a lot of people seem to have trouble with, but I've also never played an Olimar of any notable skill.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sure, you could say that Pit is light, but so is Meta Knight.
Pit is a Mediumweight...
As for the Meta knight thing, anyone who can pursue Pit in the air while he is trying to recover can give him trouble, and Meta with his multiple jumps is a good example. Projectiles also hurt Pit when he is using his Wings. Pit may even have a hard time against himself when recovering. In addition to his aimable arrows, his N-air is similar to MK's in terms of being capable of negating the wings.
I have experienced many Pit dittos and so I know this, and experienced it.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Without beating a dead horse, I have trouble with Kirby and think that is the hardest matchup, but honorable mention to Diddy Kong (maybe it's just me, though), but those are the only two I fear my opponent choosing. I have never had trouble with Olimar, who a lot of people seem to have trouble with, but I've also never played an Olimar of any notable skill.
Diddy kong? I even thought Pit had an adventage over him he can reflect the bananas and disrupt his banana game with his arrows.

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
I think snake is neutral matchup...I know he has a bad matchup against metaknight.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Snake is just insane all together, but is not Pit's worst match up your over B will **** his up smash, and you can get him out of his up B better then most.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think snake is neutral matchup...I know he has a bad matchup against metaknight.
I have to agree with that. Earlier I was playing Snake and fighting my brother and it seemed like we were taking turns killing each other. After I died, he'd die and it continued and he plays a pretty good Pit.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
ROB, Meta Knight, and watch out for Kirby if he inhales you and gets your arrows. I guess this means Pit has trouble with himself, but Kirby with Pit's arrows is dangerous as well.

Out of these, I would say ROB gives the most trouble, for his weight, aerials, and instant laser! Don't forget that he can follow you wherever you go with his jumps & Up+B.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
Just a play a good meta knight. His priority speaks for itself. And right when you think he's not going to use that Up B...yep he does. But yah...that friggin priority is extremely frustrating.

I tend to have some Pikachu's who are good at spacing me out and mind games. Pikachu's mind game potential is extremely high so thats probably the only reason why I struggle. So I don't really know if he's a good counter or not.

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
i'd have to agree with R.O.B meta and snake, at least in my experience with pit so far. But then again, most chars have some difficulties with meta.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Heavyweights, my experience with them

Ike is easy to take out if you know what to do. Online lag will interfere, but I have managed my own with them a lot since they are common. You are able to chaingrab him, but I dont do it often considering the AAA thing of his. Mirror Shielding his recovery is tricky. Because he is so common, I'm able to hold my own against basically any Ike.

I hate DK's range, and spikes, yet easy to chaingrab and combo. Mirror Shielding his Recovery is decent, better than Bowser's I think.

I rarely fight Bowsers, and is slightly difficult. Beware of his firebreath gimping the WoI. You can chaingrab, but be careful of his quick Up-B reaction that will hurt you if you cant get the CG swift enough. Mirror Shield his recovery if you can. Spike the ledgehoggers.

Yoshi, though he is heavy, is perhaps annoying. His Projectile isnt completely worth reflecting, has annoying combos and speed. Some yoshis chaingrab too. Dont get me started with the spike. Mirror Shield mindgames can help with this. You can either use it to reverse the egg roll, or make super armor frames to trick yoshi, as he falls off. This wont happen pretty much.

Ganon's Thunderstormin thing is annoying, but easy to Chaingrab. Be aware of those who may try to Ganoncide if they are by the edge. Use Ganon's weakness of being vulnerable to projectiles to stop this. Lucky hits is what might make ganon hard, unless you can truly predict, and the Side-B will annoy you, as well as that D-air.

Snake is cheap. Dont need to say anything else.

Wario and his Bike can stop many moves, and beware of his Fsmash that has superframes. Predict when it will happen, and punish him. You cant Chaingrab him as much as you could a DK, but aim you arrows well as he is recovering to stop him.

D3's Chaingrab is hard to escape (well, I cant escape it) and is pretty much annoying. You, yourself, can chaingrab him pretty decently, but be sure to combo this big target well, and reflect the Gordo (purple spiky thing from Waddle Dee Toss) if it comes. His range is annoying.

Link is very vulnerable to getting gimped via Mirror Shield and arrows, but remember he has his own set of projectiles to throw at you. When he stands still, his Shield will block ur arrows unless u aim for the head. Like all of the Heavy chars, you can chaingrab him. His AAA may agitate you, and so will his Z-air.

Wolf seems heavy right? Anyways, smash spammers are easy to predict, and you can chaingrab Wolf really well. Combo him up and gimp his recovery. Edgehogging helps, a lot, as well as using arrows to hit wolf when he is recovering. Be careful of his reflector though, and his B-air is perhaps the 1 move that really gives Pit trouble.

kupo15

Smash Hero
please, snake is a cakewalk. I was praying to vs on at my tourney today but only in doubles. You really have to watch out for Fox actually. His Usmash kills at 100 maybe less...I would know since I got creamed. Heavy characters aren't bad either. Bowser packs a punch for sure though. MK is by far the most broken character in Brawl. Snake is NOT broken. Not even one tiny bit. Nope. Nada. Sorry. Period. ^_^

And for the record, the OP was trolling to get info. He was never interested in maining Pit so this i think we should not post here because CF has one already

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think Lucas is a very tough opponent for Pit.
As a Lucas and Pit main, I see that Lucas is trouble for Pit.
We Pit mains should not underestimate him
All his smashes r strong kill moves,he has three reliable projectiles(Pk fire is hard to predict sometimes),while Pit uses WoI to recovery Lucas can PK thunder him,and Pit's arrows will heal him. Its hard to gimp Lucas's recovery too, Lucas has 4 ways to recover:pK thunder 2, Rope Snake, Zap jump, and Zap magnet.Hardly any Lucas player use the last two recovery options but its available for emergencies and mindgames.
Pit vs Lucas is either a neutral match up or in Lucas's favor.

Im still a noob Pit and I lost to a Lucas badly:(

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Pits biggest weakness is his killing potential imo. Its so low that it takes a very high percentage to really kill heavy weight characters like D3,Ike,Bowser, Snake. Hes really good agaisnt characters with zero projectile moves since Pit can just camp all day shooting out Bows and Arrows.

Top Bottom