• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTON - September 12th & 13th - Winona Lake, Indiana ))Midwest Circuit Event((

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
It's just 3 DAYS from...

WELL THOUGHT OUT NAME
SEPTEMBER 12TH-13TH, 2008
WINONA LAKE, INDIANA

YOUR TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS: TheBlueBlade and Blood Hawk
VENUE COORDINATOR: DastrnMarco

VENUE:
Dastrn's SaC Venue
1300 Wooster Road
Winona Lake, Indiana

COSTS:
**IF YOU COME FRIDAY & SATURDAY**
$5 = SIDE TOURNAMENT
$10 = OVERNIGHT / BREAKFAST FEE
$10 = SINGLES (SATURDAY)
$10/PERSON = DOUBLES (SATURDAY)
$5 = VENUE FEE

GRAND TOTAL = $35 ($40 if you enter Side Tournament)
SATURDAY ONLY = $25 (Singles & Doubles + Venue Fee)

HOURS OF PLANS (ALL TIMES EST):
FRIDAY
5:00 PM ??? - SMASHFEST!
6:00 PM - Side Tournament Registration
7:00 - 8:00 PM - Side Tournament
11:00 PM - 12:00 AM - 5-Man Crew Battles or $1 Side Side Tournament

SATURDAY*
10:30 AM - Doubles Registration & Friendlies
12:00 PM - Doubles Pools/Brackets
After Doubles (Planned for 3:00 - 3:30 PM) - Lunch (There might be BBQ)
4:30 - 5:00 PM - Singles Registration
5:30 - 6:00 PM - Singles Pools/Brackets

* Since Rofa's tournament didn't end until 3-4 AM (and it has start to become quite the habit at most tournaments), we have pushed back all times to an earlier start time. I'd imagine most of you would like to play in singles as long as it doesn't start late. So, here's the deal, tournaments will start PROMPTLY so that we do not run over in time and run into the wee hours of the morning again. We will not hesitate to DQ anyone not ready for their matches, no matter what the reason is. So, make sure you are ready ON TIME... seriously. (Mage's DQ Rule)

AS ALWAYS:
BYOC

RULES:
Most rules that are in effect for tournaments, you should know them.
= 3 stock / 8 minutes
= Matches are best of 3 games, semi-finals and finals are best of 5 games.
= Pools will be used if attendance is at a great number which I expect that it will be

NON-SMASH RULES:
Pretty much, just set ground rules:
= NO ALCOHOL... period, unless you plan on participating in Drunken Boxing (Zui Quan, and yes, I know you aren't actually drunk in Drunken Boxing)
= NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES... unless you would like to possibly get arrested.
= CIGARETTES / CIGARS ARE KOSHER... as Dastrn put it.
= PLAY NICE... who am I kidding? No one ever does.
= DO NOT BREAK ANYTHING... unless you want to pay for it.
= CATCH A BIG SPIDER AND A SMALL ANT, GET $5... then we can make Ant v. Spider 2, oh, and that $5 is a maybe.
= QUESTIONS??? Ask myself, Hawk, or Dastrn.
= HAVE A NICE DAY! Unless it has already been ruined for you.

STAGES:
We will be using the Stage Strike system. Before a match, players will take turns crossing a neutral stage out to see what stage will be played on in Game 1. Players also may choose a counter-pick ban after Game 1 is completed.

NEUTRAL STAGES:
- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island (B), Pokemon Stadium (M), Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege

BANNED STAGES:
- Port Town Aero Drive, Summit, Mario Bros., 75m, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, New Pork City, Mushroomy Kingdom, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, Hanenbow, Shadow Moses, Flat Zone 2, Onett, Hyrule Temple, Big Blue.

COUNTER-PICK STAGES:
- Anything else not mentioned in Banned.

CONTACT INFO:
TheBlueBlade
CELL: (574) 520-9804
E-Mail: nderanek@ivytech.edu
PM: Here, All Is Brawl

LIST OF ATTENDEES (SWF and AiB, updated 9/09 @ 607PM)
TheBlueBlade (Director)
Blood Hawk (Director)
DastrnMarco (Venue Coordinator)
fear4
ice-
Kel
8055/Jay
EliteGrimm
Mike Reeder
Renegade TX2000
Ryzen Xia
Kyari
MisterMoo
Este
Slimpyman
Overswarm
Vayseth
Big R
Infernohit
Machinegunnorm
IkeKillsAll
Asdioh
BO X7
lain
Quivo
Mr.E
Infern Angelis
Rofa
Omniswell
Needle of Juntah
Scala
SamuraiPanda
Anther
Ankoku
Big C
Tink
Hot Arms
PEEF
Legan
Dark Kakashi
Hoganlegdrop
Spoon
Sojiuro
Daneye
Doggalina?
Count?
DeltaPunk?
smash64?
Swoops?
Me14k?
Xiivi?
Jekyll?
i rise?
Elliot Gale?
iao?
Pythag?
studly?
Epic?
Youko?
Dope?
Themann?
Thax?
Princess Aura?
dingdong?
NJzFinest?
kirkq?
Lavos?
Nojoes?
Jons?

CONFIRMED COUNT = 46
POSSIBLES COUNT = 25
TOTAL COUNT = 71

rofa

Smash Journeyman
sounds awesome, too bad ill be in california :(

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I'll definitely try to make this with Brahma. I most likely won't head back to Arizona for the school year until August 1st so I should be able to hit this up. Ever since Smash and Coffee I've been way too antsy for some tourney action.

Although...may I ask why Green Greens is banned?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I'd love to come to this, however I don't want to commit until you have all of the venue details down, please do so ASAP.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
South Bend and Plymouth are north central.

I'll work on getting off work to come out to this event...if YOU'll come to mine the week after. :)

JK i'll try to come either way.

Oh and here's hoping that you land in Plymouth for this one, cause that's like 20 minutes from my house.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
South Bend and Plymouth are north central.

I'll work on getting off work to come out to this event...if YOU'll come to mine the week after. :)

JK i'll try to come either way.

Oh and here's hoping that you land in Plymouth for this one, cause that's like 20 minutes from my house.
I think I will be coming to yours now, no doubt about it. All the people I was going to be taking to Waukegan are now going to yours, and I really don't want to go to Waukegan when I don't know anyone.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey guys, due to some personal issues on July 27th, this tourney may be made into a two-day tourney, with doubles starting on the 25th and singles on the morning of the 26th. This decision is NOT FINAL, but just announced as an early heads-up.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
If Kyari's got room, I'll be there. *Looks at Kyari*
I'm always welcome to have ya aboard :). My whole crew seems to be up for going to this, so we will be doing the 2 car thing like we did for Smash & Coffee, and there may actually be 5 people going this time so there will be an even number of people in each car :p.

Call me over the weekend or something in a week or two for updates on our plans. I'm confirming myself as present to the tournament, so even if no-one else goes I can still take you.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
So if you make it a 2 day tournament like you were saying in another thread, then how will housing work? any provided?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey guys, WTON has been moved to September 6th due to some scheduling conflicts with Viperboy's tournament in Illinois. Find his thread and attend that one on July 26th and come here in September!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Subscribing....

MWC event threads need to be posted in the MWC event thread. >_>

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well, actually Jek, this just in.

I realized that I posted this date on the same day that I will be in Cincinnati to see those Cubs games, so this is actually on the 13th now. I will let everyone know that if you are planning on getting a hotel (housing will try to be provided), then you better get it soon, because the 13th weekend is the same weekend as the Michigan @ Notre Dame football game, and hotel space will fill up really quick as soon as August rolls around. But like I said, I'll try my best to get housing provided by several other locals smashers if they are willing to house.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
OMG! That's like one of the TWO weekends I have off! That's the best thing to happen since I accidentally found Joshu's apartment.

I'm there.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll definitely need housing for this, but it is a bit away so we gots time

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you find a venue yet? If you land in Plymouth, I could house OS, but I'm like 25 minutes away.

Of course, you could always run it at my venue in Warsaw ....

Come to SaC2 and check out the venue.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hawk can do that, unfortunately, I will be at a friend's wedding on the day of SaC2. But, if you could, PM me the details about it, such as prices, size, etc. If we do hold it in Warsaw, I'd rather stay somewhere close rather than my house, then I can get there at a decent time without having to wake up at 6am.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
That wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I've been there and it would fit all our needs. The Warsaw venue sounds perfect. IDK why I never thought of that.

I could also probably house some people. I'll get back to you guys with details.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
For SaC2, I'm housing 40 people at the venue, plus there's 9 acres that we could camp on surrounding the buildings. We could do the same thing for WTON if you want.

I'm not sure I'll be able to score my hog-roasting buddy for both, but we'll at least provide breakfast.

blueblade check your PM's, i'll send info.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
BIG UPDATE: We gots a venue!

Dastrn has gotten a venue set up on September 13th at his SaC venue spot in Winona Lake, Indiana, so everything is now ready! (Thanks much Dastrn! ^_^)

So, hopefully this is good for everyone, and we'll see you in September!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
DastrnMarco and his venue are top tier.

It's something in the Rice family line, I'm almost positive.

Top Bottom